Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
i'm sorry that was terrible but the inner 12-year-old in me had to say it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the juice, the precious juice

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

okay i've got it

two men enter, one man receives

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

MancXVI posted:

two men enter one man

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

that looks pretty neato

almost reminds me of really early cronenberg or something

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i saw lucy today. it was a lot better than i expected it to be. i liked the cuts to nature footage and the trippy time montage at the end.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

yeah this wins

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

i saw lucy today. it was a lot better than i expected it to be. i liked the cuts to nature footage and the trippy time montage at the end.

weird, the trailers made it look like it owuld be enormously terrible, especially with the whole "we only use 10% of our brain" thing. is this not the case?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

that looks pretty neato

almost reminds me of really early cronenberg or something

it's a really weird, spaced out movie. not exactly "good", but certainly interesting

if you like it you should check out other weird australian movies. Bad Boy Bubby is great

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Glorgnole posted:

weird, the trailers made it look like it owuld be enormously terrible, especially with the whole "we only use 10% of our brain" thing. is this not the case?

trailers make it seem like a lovely action movie while it's actually a lot weirder. it goes out of its way to say that the 10% of the brain thing is probably a crock of poo poo and it turns into a more 'experimental' thing pretty quickly.

Amethyst posted:

it's a really weird, spaced out movie. not exactly "good", but certainly interesting

if you like it you should check out other weird australian movies. Bad Boy Bubby is great

neat, i'll have to check it out

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

it goes out of its way to say that the 10% of the brain thing is probably a crock of poo poo
"probably"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
very clever but i still have to go with mancxvi's

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Amethyst posted:

why does early 90s austraila look like late 70s america?

is it still like that?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

infernal machines posted:

why does early 90s austraila look like late 70s america?

is it still like that?

it has changed a lot.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Amethyst posted:

it has changed a lot.

yeah it's the 80s now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Amethyst posted:

it has changed a lot.

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah it's the 80s now

i now have this impression of australia being one of those old saudi sterotypes. like you're just now getting nsync and sisqó CDs, and just loving it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

i now have this impression of australia being one of those old saudi sterotypes. like you're just now getting nsync and sisqó CDs, and just loving it

all wearing jams with those neon triangles and super excited about slap bracelets

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

check out the government's latest anti smoking campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwa6nXBGgUA

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

gently caress that trailer, I only use 10% of my brain after the aneurysm it gave me

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

i saw it in a small indie theater with my dad when i was twelve, one of a small number of positive memories i have with him,

lol your home life was troubled

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Kirk posted:

welcome back, kirk

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ the last ship turned into a loving soap opera. this is getting bad fast

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the pilot ep of manhattan was amazing

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

one episode in, the 1978 BBC version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is so drat good

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Amethyst posted:

one episode in, the 1978 BBC version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is so drat good

That's the one with Sir Alec in it?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

You Am I posted:

That's the one with Sir Alec in it?
yep. i just finished ep 2 and you need to see it. you need to! it's the best tv I've watched in years, f'real

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Kirk posted:

no poo poo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Heresiarch posted:

no poo poo

well kirk would know

he has two dads, both gay and while neither of them are confirmed to have been bad dads it caused him no end of trouble in school

children are cruel

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

The first episode of The Strain was pretty cool but i am a sucker for Del Torro, it looks like it might be a somewhat decent show so idk watch it?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

syscall girl posted:

neither of them are confirmed to have been bad dads

confirm, kirks dads are the guys from Crude Buster.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the 3rd episode was kinda alright, cold on a cob's prediction will probably come true

and also i probably wasn't clear about what manhattan was. it's about the making of the nuclear bomb during ww2. i doubt it's very historical accurate though - was frank winter a real guy on the manhattan project? realest thing so far has been oppenheimer.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

if this rat slayer dude doesn't start killing vampires i'm going to be very upset

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

saucepanman posted:

the 3rd episode was kinda alright, cold on a cob's prediction will probably come true

and also i probably wasn't clear about what manhattan was. it's about the making of the nuclear bomb during ww2. i doubt it's very historical accurate though - was frank winter a real guy on the manhattan project? realest thing so far has been oppenheimer.

googling frank winter gives me this as the first result so that'd be a 'no'

Malpenix Blonia
Nov 27, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

oh boy a movie that's entirely orange and blue

It's no "Only God Forgives".

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Malpenix Blonia posted:

It's no "Only God Forgives".

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
finally got around to watching ghost in the shell. looked like a million bucks and had some pretty kickass scenes but what is it with anime and insufferable interminable monologues about the most elementary philosophical ideas? good god get over yourselves already you idiot cartoon people.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

oh boy a movie that's entirely orange and blue

yeah gently caress the gators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what is it with anime and insufferable interminable monologues about the most elementary philosophical ideas? good god get over yourselves already you idiot cartoon people.

anime.txt

i'm pretty sure it's all written to appeal to teenagers and sheltered manchildren. they know their audience

• Locked thread