Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Amethyst posted:

remember when kick rear end came out and everyone said it was this great deconstruction of super hero movies? Then it turned out it was yet another destiny fulfillment narrative like the rest of them

"super" was a good superhero deconstruction movie

if you dress up in a costume and try to fight crime irl you are a mentally unbalanced individual and you'll get laughed at and shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

so i just realized that because of "edge of tomorrow", tom cruise has now died on-screen more times than sean bean

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
because of that movie he's probably died onscreen more than any other ten actors put together

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

he also died in "oblivion" didn't he?

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

0 miles to the gallon

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

ol qwerty bastard posted:

yes, he explodes with our man Morgan Freemen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lots of actors including cruise die in their movies but how many of them die over and over and over again in the same movie

I couldn't google up a count but apparently in the book 160 days are explicitly portrayed, and like the movie there are an unknown number of offscreen deaths that is effectively unbounded just like groundhog day

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

"super" was a good superhero deconstruction movie

if you dress up in a costume and try to fight crime irl you are a mentally unbalanced individual and you'll get laughed at and shot.

shut up crime

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

haveblue posted:

lots of actors including cruise die in their movies but how many of them die over and over and over again in the same movie

I couldn't google up a count but apparently in the book 160 days are explicitly portrayed, and like the movie there are an unknown number of offscreen deaths that is effectively unbounded just like groundhog day

havent the writers said that groundhog day was like hundreds of years or something?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

keyboard vomit posted:

havent the writers said that groundhog day was like hundreds of years or something?

phil really was an rear end in a top hat :allears:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

dontfix worksforme :swoon:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i also unironically love the body style of third-generation corvettes

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

youre postes

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

keyboard vomit posted:

10,000 years

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Amethyst posted:

remember when kick rear end came out and everyone said it was this great deconstruction of super hero movies? Then it turned out it was yet another destiny fulfillment narrative like the rest of them

lol maybe 5% of people writing poo poo on the internet know what the words "deconstruction" or "meta" mean

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

angry_keebler posted:

10,000 years

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol maybe 5% of people writing poo poo on the internet know what the words "deconstruction" or "meta" mean
"meta" is not actually a word

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

angry_keebler posted:

10,000 years

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Glorgnole posted:

they're not the only thing that's bad

edit: one of the other bad things is your posting, SA forums user Zor

:gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop::gowron::eyepop:

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Glorgnole posted:

Glorgnole hosed around with this message at Sep 19, 2014 around 02:15

lol nice edit nub

laern 2 post

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

lol nice edit nub

laern 2 post

i wasn't sure that you would get the joke w/o the edit, Zor

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

lol nice edit nub

laern 2 post
i saw the original version of this post, without the subscript tag :smugbert:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

"meta" is not actually a word

wrong

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it's a prefix

the word is "metatextual"

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

speaking of things that are bad (assuming we're still talking about zor's posting) i'm like 15 minutes into transformers 4 and it's already stupid

but it has the one dude from silicon valley in it and his character is basically the same so that's amusing anyway

is it wrong that i actually kind of miss shia laboeuf

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

the megan fox in this movie is perhaps even more megan fox than megan fox

basically a living barbie doll

her face has one expression: vacant stare

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

lol she played katara in that lovely the last airbender movie

"born in 1995" gently caress i'm so old goddamn

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

oh my god who did the sound mixing in this movie it's just embarrassing

ratchet: "oh... oahahgghgh.... ooohh... oh... ahhh... what's wrong with you humans?" during a firefight

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Shaggar posted:

the first 2 Nolan batmans were pretty good but the 3rd is the biggest turd.

loving agreeing with shaggar again

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
what the hell, don't watch a transformer on purpose

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

qntm posted:

what the hell, don't watch a transformer on purpose

i couldn't finish it, if that makes you feel any better

the action scenes are barely competent in this one, and that's the only reason to watch a transformers movie. i don't think michael bay is even trying anymore

mark wahlberg has such dreamy green eyes though :allears:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I cant loving wait for Sleepy Hollow S2

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the dark night rises was pretty ungood but there's no comparing it to the relentless cringefest of batman and robin, don't make that kind of comparison lightly

unfunny is bad enough, unfunny and unsexy is fukken potent

whatever you may say about the rest of the movie, for some reason this idea that it was a bad movie because it was unsexy to straight men really bugs me

like you know theres people who liked the batnipples and batbulge right? and the discomfort you feel looking at them is the same discomfort they feel at the 504th closeup on black widow's leather clad rear end?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Pinball Wizard posted:

whatever you may say about the rest of the movie, for some reason this idea that it was a bad movie because it was unsexy to straight men really bugs me

like you know theres people who liked the batnipples and batbulge right? and the discomfort you feel looking at them is the same discomfort they feel at the 504th closeup on black widow's leather clad rear end?
sorry to spoil your fun but i was actually talking about how wretched they were able to make uma goddamn thurman.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Sham bam bamina! posted:

sorry to spoil your fun but i was actually talking about how wretched they were able to make uma goddamn thurman.

sorry i just assumed it was batnipples, because goddamn the only thing i ever hear nerds say about that movie is batnipples batnipples BATNIPPLES BAD and it bugs me

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
the batnipples were just tacky and stupid, which is to say they were representative of the movie as a while

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
av check

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's a prefix

the word is "metatextual"

it used to be a prefix, now it's a just a word

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

A Pinball Wizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-Ywpz1_I

i would say this is the reason most people hate the movie and not the bat nipples or any of that poo poo, the writing was absolutely hilariously bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

the first encounter with Mr Freeze has robin and batman play hockey with mr freeze's goons using a diamond as a puck

• Locked thread