Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

"His fire control systems don't appear to be working!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

haveblue posted:

thought pandorum was going to be a cool paranoia movie about people going nuts in a creepy but otherwise harmless environment but nope space mutants lol

the awfulness of pandorum is the metric i use to judge other terrible films by

watching it gave me a queezy feeling in my stomach i hadn't gotten since my parents rented me alien 3 while i was home sick with the flu

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

amf5 posted:

so i'm watching ds9 for the first time and trying to get through all the episodes in order

i'm like halfway through season 2 right now and its basically been ":rolleyes: Space Jews" so far, when does this get good b/c its boring the poo poo out of me

im doing the same thing right now but only about halfway through the first season. i thought the tosk episode was dece

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0 posted:

TNG season 8 is the best thing on twitter btw

first google result for TNG season 8 is for degressi TNG

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Boner Buffet posted:

ds9 owns

still creeping through the first season

last night watched the episode that was first contact with the purple face tattooed gamer aliens that wanted to gamble with koolaid and sticks and ended up making quark think he was gambling with the lives of most of the cast

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

duTrieux posted:

hey.

where do the replicators get the raw matter from?

gel packs aka capri suns

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Kirk posted:

it was seriously fuckin dumb and the captain of the nx-01 columbia is alive for 800 years because of robot atoms and the enterprise is cruising around and sisko is off shooting poo poo and fftttttbbbtttthhhh

im sorry you had to type that

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

duTrieux posted:

queen janeway

queen lamestain

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Kirk posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=r9y-UdUTwb0

just watch the first 5 seconds

is that you?

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

if you've got a better word to use to disparage the sort of people that are into zombie bullshit i'm all ears (they also tend to be a little too enthusiastic about doctor who)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

raruler posted:

nah these are the ones where aliens periodically scour the galaxy to exterminate sentient life, and the protagonist from a high tech civilization is forced to build a tall ship and conduct naval battles

wait is this the one where the moon is a secretly a space ship and theres another, evil space ship underneath the antarctic

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Heresiarch posted:

Practical effects are so much better than CGI.

Well, they can be so much better than CGI. The fact that the marketplace in Hellboy 2 is 95% practical effects still blows my mind.

one of the many reasons that john carpenter's thing was better than that recent one w/ the chick

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Wilhelm_Scream.wav posted:

i was curious and kinda still want to see the new one

however the 80s one owns

if you are bored and have nothing else to do you might as well but dont have high expectations

main thing i disliked about the new thing was that there wasnt ever much real suspense like in the original they just had a buncha 'boo' moments and showed way too much of the monster

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0 posted:

last good horror movies (that i've seen) were The Crazies and 30 Days of Night

the crazies was great

i was living in iowa at the time and they captured the aesthetic really well

lmaod in the theater when they escape to cedar rapids and some satellite puts a cross-hairs on the city implicating its imminent destruction via nukes

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

fluke man

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

hell yess

besides this scene the best part of the episode is where they decide they should put him in jail and give him a trial, wouldve been the greatest episode ever if instead of it escaping they actually brought him to court to be charged

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Moon got me a letter from the MPAA or some such acronym

:argh: roommates need to learn to use trusted sites

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

duTrieux posted:

run a public guest network and when you get a letter, respond with an "oops, i have a public guest network, i'll shut it down sry" then don't do anything

did that, called the isp, they said they werent going to do anything other than watch our account for further illegal activities

had a talk with the guy who dl'd it not to just google that poo poo

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

i don't get how that show went from the 'monster of the week' format to stupid roswell grey alien conspiracy bullshit as the focus

with the exception of that ep where jesse l. martin played a negro league slugger who was also an alien on the lam from a bounty hunter, that was all right

i dont think it ever really went from one to the other, there was a long convoluted alien invasion that the government knew about and was abetting over the entire series

the monster of the week thing never really stopped as far as i remember

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

just watched Cheenage Hutant Uinja Durdles

had heard it was a classic at one point and ran across it on netflix

at least it had most of the cast of home alone

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

NINbuntu 64 posted:

people call it a classic because its kinda darkish but completely ignore that everything in the 80s was kinda dark in the 80s and early 90s

darkish as in poorly lit or darkish because a lotta innocent people got killed cuz as far as i could tell both apply

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

NINbuntu 64 posted:

both, which is why the 80s and early 90s had totally awesome movies

yeah i do remember a lot of stuff like the robocop films where there was tons of urban decay crime drugs and violence towards innocents

but then again the deathwish films started in the 70s

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

anyone seen Wild Palms?

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

I'm sorry, but the answer we were looking for was "A wizard did it."

wasn;t me

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

toby posted:

i was sucked into it for a bit, i should know better :negative:

write an essay about being a GBS mod

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Shaggar posted:

i would microwaves mom

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

LP97S posted:

Prohibition ruined drinking in the US forever, now watered down lager and pilsner is declared the king of beers or the champagne of beers.

move to wisc

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

mr_jim posted:

yeah, but i still like it.

gently caress the baroque cycle though.

really? i just orderd that poo poo on the amazon

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Woz My Neg rear end posted:

best thing stephenson ever wrote was a 60 page article for wired about undersea telecom cables

that man went to my highschool

there is nothing in the highschool that would let you know that a 'famous' author graduated from there

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

sliders

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

watched 'dragon crusaders' on netflix. movies sucks, has dragons gargoyles tye-die pirates zombies witches wizards and a midget version of xena played by cecily fay

googled cecily fay and holy moly its overwhelming

a true renaissance midget

http://www.cecilyfay.com/
"actress, champion martial artist, sword master, dancer, choreographer, writer, producer, singer, composer and stuntwoman" and also part of a trance band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJ6sUfP4Jk

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Heresiarch posted:

wait so why are so many people gun nuts but only really weird people nuts about swords

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

just hanging there, waiting to be snipped off by lawnmower shrapnel or a low flying bird

wear iron pants

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

Bruce Willis is such a punk bitch

the expendables 2

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

so anne mccaffrey died recently and someone dug up this quote where said said anal stimulation is the cause of homosexuality, and related an anecdote where a friend of hers got a tent peg shoved up his rear end during a robbery and it made him gay after that

wait so a really big poo poo will make u gay

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

toby posted:

every post you have made has made you more gay

not that there's anything wrong with being gay, mind you, this is just a joke about your posts being giant poo poo you see

what in that you feel so great after reading them but wish you would eat more fiber

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

watched the ds9 episode 'the storyteller' last night

it was the worst ive seen yet

though the odo/oatmeal gag wasn't bad

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

mr_jim posted:

it's on netflix, so give it another chance. just skip that one. and meridian, unless you love the idea of "Brigadoon in Space".

theres a lot of poo poo in the first season

'battle lines' had a semblance of a cool idea but was awful

at least they got rid of kayopaka in that ep

im trying to go through the whole series ep by ep but all the poo poo in the first season has soured me to the point where im only watching an episode or 2 per week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticky wizard
Nov 19, 2008

woowoo model rocket into the sun

• Locked thread