Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

golgo13sf posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

yo im reading the george RRRRR martin thrones books and they are pretty good even tho peopl esaid they sucked i still wanted to read them bcuz the first season on hbo was p good and im on the second book clash of kings and it's p good ok welp cya that's my reading story

:tipshat:

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

:tipshat:

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

i just finished these books and they were better than i expected. still, the five books could have been condensed into two much better books, imo.

what i hate is how i am really getting into a side-story and martin cliff hangers it and the next goddamn section is about jon "boring bastard" snow and his boring-rear end goddamn wall

ungh

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

rotor posted:

i just re-read lotr like every year

me too... i won't ever read the hobbit again though

i read Dune a few times a year and almost start the other books but then come to my senses and... don't

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

the lotr trilogy owns but i stop reading return of the king before all the lame squire poo poo at the end

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

welp i just finsihed book 2 so here's hoping book 3 owns

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

groat-nasssty

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

duTrieux posted:

you should at least read the next 2, the serious turbulence starts in 4 and the engines fall off in 5 and 6.

I read them all a few times and it always breaks my heart how everything drops off after the first book

the beginning of God Emporer of Dune is decent but then you get 600 pages of Leto nearly crying and his farts smell like hwee noree

Chapterhouse Dune hsd some decent stuff but by then there as been like 50 thousand duncan idahos so whatever man

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

graph posted:

jesus gently caress who cares

its u

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

yo whoever said that the third fire and ice book was a high point was right but at the same time while poo poo is actually happeneing i can't help feel that even martin was tiring of these plot lines and some of them feel contrived and rushed to closure

thus showing his weakness as a writer

welp that's my post hope u liked it :tipshat:

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

are they even worth reading? i just finished book 3 btw

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

gotta read them now i guess i came all this way :(

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

i think Martin missed some really good opportunities with his plot lines

i don't care about danyreus after book 3, jon snow with the wildlings was interesting but too short, arya with the hound could have been a book by itself, tyrion could have had a better plot, the whole jaime thing felt forced

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

laffo

littlerfingre is one of my favs :tipshat:

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

yo i just finished gregor roberto ricardo martinne's 4th fire and ice book and here is how you read it on a kindle:

anytime arrienne or the iron islands are mentioned just press next page until that chapter ends

prrroblem solved

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

yeah as i've been reading i've been thinking about lots of cool potential plotlines and other stuff but after book three he really is just milking a whores teat

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

or something like that

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

You Am I posted:

I do the same when I see your posts

:negative: i am undone

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

here u go

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

lMFAO

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

ahahahaaa

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

You Am I posted:

Watched Dune for the first time tonight.

Well.

the design of everything (minus the sardaukar) owns

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

theatrical of course

syfy is garbage for babies

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

2001 the book is a piece of poo poo

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

BonzoESC posted:

2001 the movie is flawless and timeless, 2001 the book is… less so.

one word

Moonwatcher

literally

Moonwatcher

*throws 2001 into a fire*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inigo monz0rya
Sep 23, 2011

HYMEN.SYS posted:

wrong

nope