Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coaxmetal posted:

Alien is better than Aliens. If you disagree then you suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

ferngully remake, NEXT

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I am watching the star trek where Leah brams comes on board and drat geordi's one creepy motherfucker. The gooniest star trekker.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boner Buffet posted:

yeah the one where nog gets a letter from Cisco to join the academy.
router academy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i've been watching tng on netflix. i'm on seasoan 4. it looks like ds9 starts during season 6, so i guess when i hit there i'm gonna watch both at once for two seasons then ds9 and voyager at the same time and hate myself.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kirk posted:

watch episodes in chronological order and also the movies

its a fuckin weird experience
yeah that's what i'm trying to do (although i skipped tos oh well). do you know of a list that breaks it down by episode? all i can find is one that breaks it down by season.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nm found one http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/startrek/st-episodes-1.html

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oh man i haven't seen but a few episodes of voyager. i can't wait till i hit this garbage. especially since it runs aside ds9.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

here's some pictures of spotte

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

golgo13sf posted:

Look man, he's on the ragged edge as it is, do you really want him to look into the abyss?

he already saw the razer fiona

also why does razer spell their name wrong

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I am watching darmock. What a stupid loving language.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boner Buffet posted:

the pilot is also the best of the franchise
hey man encounter at farpoint is grhahahahahaslkahaah

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i watcehd "the game" the other night and drat future video games suck

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BonzoESC posted:

I watched "Gamer" a couple years ago and drat future video games own
the best part about the game in gamer is that there's literally no reason to use real people except that it would be a dumb movie without them

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

captain asshat of the uss bad post the federation needs you to kill ten tribbles.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm literally watching tng on my ps3 right now. (on Netflix)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah the amalur demo was kind of okay but not $60 okay. it played like a single player mmo, in a not so great way

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

same. i'm somewhere in season 5 idk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mind Spew posted:

good not superhero comic books:

also depending on your tastes

first trade or two are okay, but then it devolves into typical ellis garbage
first trade or two are good but it goes way the gently caress off the rails
crap
cool
superhero
*heavily* dependent on writer
cool

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kirk posted:

i like ellis because of Planetary :iamafag:
planetary is by far the best thing ellis has ever written. but, superhero

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Deuterieux posted:

i'm 99% convinced that the crossover was conceived just for this joke

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i watched this episode today. it was like the writers wanted to see how slutty they could make troi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oh so also in that episode with superslut troi, she cancels a session with an ensign janeway. i like to think this was katherine janeway, and by missing that session, she became a terrible captain.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NINbuntu 64 posted:

that episode was so terrible
the writers must have played too much perfect dark

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NINbuntu 64 posted:

the farsight was such a useless gun. i think i used it once ever.
heh look at this scrub

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fork bomb posted:

lol what is this

that's a female. i'm aware that you're not familiar with them, so i won't berate you for asking.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coaxmetal posted:

i think fork bomb is a girl tho :ssh:
how convenient...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

12 monkeys owns and manages to be p much the only internally-consistent time-travel movie. every other one breaks its own rules.

except primer, i guess, but that's like time travel movie for spergs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

when did o'brian go from a dude who runs transporters on the enterprise to super-engineer who can make everything work on ds9?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bedshaped posted:

season 5 of TNG and season 1 of DS9
no, like, it wasn't even really there in season 5 of TNG. he was good at transporting stuff, but that's it. then he shows up in ds9 and is suddenly fixing everything everywhere

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

he had previously served as a tactical officer. the fact that he's not fixing everything doesn't mean he can't, just that he's not as good as geordi

geordi, who is capable of making engines work better than starfleet's best scientists, so you know, no slouch
hey now, geordi had the help of his leah brahms sexdoll program.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JawnV6 posted:

watched "the game" last night where wesley comes back and it is somehow worse than every previous on-screen appearance
leffler's laws

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the best thing about arkham city is how well the combat flows and how varied his moves are. you hit two loving buttons and batman's flipping all over the place and doing all sorts of cool poo poo. it's pretty awesome. arkham asylum is a better game, though. the open world stuff really detracted from arkham city imo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaggar posted:

i dont think they did?
yeah they didn't. the danube class runabouts are on one episode of tng, while they're in quite a lot of ds9. i know this because

toby posted:

as mentioned, i too am watching every episode of TNG over a period of months

i think i'm in season 4 now
i'm doing this and am currently on season 7 of tng and season 2 of ds9

ds9 has only kind of started getting good

also this has a list of every appearance: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Danube

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ridgely_Fan posted:

tried to watch star treks in order (except for voyager)

got to ds9, and havent been back to tng. ds9 is so much better its almost a joke

it's because the first season or so of ds9 is trash so a lot of people stopped there, by which point tng had already had a ton of good episodes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BonzoESC posted:

the only differences are in vegas it's mexican and not southeeast asian and you can get booze in vegas too

also your constitutional freedoms such as the right to a fair trial and free speech still apply vegas
you can get booze in dubai, just not on the streets

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BonzoESC posted:

i guess i just don't see the attraction to a place halfway around the world with hot weather, big buildings, and horrible people

i already live in miami though so
yeah i don't either, but i lived near miami so

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

XausF1 posted:

is "The Forever War" any good? seems like it gets a lot of praise and "right up there with starship troopers as the best military sci-fi book" or is this all just emtpy hype

Yeah it's pretty good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i only contract libre gnumonia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

toby posted:

I think there was some (or almost some?) in Reamde, which was a fairly terrible book overall
yeah there was an attempt but instead she killed him with a broken dvd

• Locked thread