Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

somebody post the 'o'brien must suffer' trek boxset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

status update: decaying in an alien prison cell

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

hang on my daughter was sucked into a vortex and is now a wolf girl

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

turns out i'm a slave in an alternate universe

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

star trek basically hangs on the viewer not actually thinking about what's going on, because once you do, the whole thing falls apart and doesn't make any sense.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

BonzoESC posted:

unironically agree with both

ironically agreeing with this

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

XausF1 posted:

i didn't even find out that there WAS a voiceover weeks later on most of the other cuts because the studio thought people were too dumb to understand the movie :psyduck:

i always thought the voiceover people were referring to was commander adamas, so i thought i was seeing the mythical lost cut

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE FOUNDATION TRILOGY INTO MY EYEBALLS. ITS ASIMOV AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SELDON. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN SQUEAKING SOUNDS WHEN I WHEEL OUT OF THE TIME CAPSULE AND TELL THE FOUNDATIONISTS ABOUT THE CRISIS THEY JUST HAD. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CONTROL THE FUTURE WITH ALGEBRA. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 7 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

coaxmetal posted:

seldon isn't the main character of the foundation trilogy though, he isn't really even in it, he's the main character in prelude to foundation though which is also a good book

yeah and the first chapter of foundation was added after the rest was written, kind of gluing the short stories together. lookit how much i know about foundation

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

all the books outside the original 3 and maybe edge are bad, he should never have done that whole "secret immortal puppet master daneel" poo poo

naw that's alright. but it always irked me how earth was some mystical world that *gasp* had only one moon.

like in the entire universe there isn't a single planet out there that only has one moon. not one.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

qirex posted:

You can also come dressed in costume (e.g., Princess Lea, Padmé Amidala... please... oh please someone come dressed like this... oh god please please please)

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

toby posted:

man i bet that class is the grossest, most embarrassing thing

also this

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

LP97S posted:

lol

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

o'brien must suffer, worf must be denied

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

troi must sense anger

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u2PqLV7Fkg

postin this

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

what kind of dude do you think signs up to be a klingon at the star trek thing in vegas? i mean that is serious, yo

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Inverse Icarus posted:

one of the best babylon 5 episodes ever followed two repair dudes just talkin' about their lives and fixing poo poo while the station was under some horrible generic attack. the main characters are shown in the backgrounds doing whatever they'd be doing and the two mooks are the center of attention the whole time. at one point they are directly addressed by one of the main female cast members for their service, and the other ones kind of roll their eyes and mutter something about "why bother talking to them?!" but the mooks are extremely happy to be noticed.

best part of that ep: one of them is using some hover vacuum device and asks 'what the hell does this thing even do? it's not like it's cleaning the floor or anything.'

sci fi postin within the episode

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

irony free post zone: i love the poo poo out of babylon 5

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Sniep posted:

babylon 5: it has "baby" in the title to easily illustrate it's intended audience

yeah well an anagram for deep space nine is 'penis pee dance'

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Panic! At The cisco posted:

lexx is the show where young teenagers learn that just because its on late at night doesnt mean your gonna see some tits

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

SATURNS SON EATER posted:

i once played videogames with toby

this is how i met toby

early 2000s video game pals represent

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

was that the one where tasha yar gives 'the talk' to wesley? about how some people do bad things to their bodies?

nvm you probably fast-forwarded through it.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

the talk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3K6n-QFm7Pc#t=10s

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

jesus i can't even make it through the whole minute

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

i don't understand why people would use drugs THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A loving NERD, WESLEY.

i don't understand why people would use drugs. let me go ask a souless robot.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

tobutt posted:

once again, all i want is coherence

i still can't believe you haven't watched babylon 5. ignore the nerd sperg over 1990's cgi - it is the only sci-fi series to take care about its plot devices for 5 straight seasons.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Heresiarch posted:

No, just the first four, which are enjoyable if rather hamfisted at times. The fifth season and everything else B5 related is crap.

Luckily the actual story is done at the end of season four, so you're not left hanging or something.

yeah, agreed, but at least it was internally consistent. and you can't blame them. they were told they weren't getting a fifth season, so they wrapped up everything in four

edit: you do get character arc conclusion in season five, at least

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

You got something against hunky telepaths with dreamy billowing blonde hair, son?

don't forget only talks in parables

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

fork bomb posted:

i still haven't seen the last season :twisted:

:hfive: 'sup bailed-on-it-before-it-sank buddy

see also: x-files, house

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Amethyst posted:

Point and click adventure games with awesome graphics are gonna make a comeback and own bones

pretend i made a webcomic where someone says this every year since 1995

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

god drat xenocide was poo poo. thanks a lot thread for reminding me about that lovely book.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

reasons japanamation anything was cool when you were 11:

- violence
- swearing
- sometimes nekkidness

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

law abiding rapist posted:

that's my governor!!

this is also a great commentary. it's the entire thing but it's completely worth watching if you are a star trek nerd, just frakes and sirtis shooting the poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY6t3mo3Goc

Troi's character would have been 1000% better if it was just Marina Sirtis acting like this.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

wait why can't we have a riker / troi spinoff sitcom? poo poo would rule.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

holy poo poo loooooooooooooool

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

overall solid ripoff of star dreck deep space twelve :unsmigghh:
noooooo trap sprung i guess. paramount was given the whole b5 plot / bible / character roster and passed on it. then right as it finally premieres they're like 'check it out! a deep space station called ds9!' and it's a complete ripoff.

you can check all the similarities, but my favorite is that b5 originally had a shapeshifter character but strazynski was like 'nahhh that poo poo is lame.'

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

i don't know who londo's actor is but he's great at portraying "fat drunk incompetent diplomat"

yeah that's pretty accurate

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

babylon 5 owns so hard any time londo and g'kar are on the screen together

in conclusion

lol at the one british guy who doesn't know how to flip the bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

yeah i heard it got hosed for season 5 and it's bad and nobody should watch it

yeah but you do get the end of the londo / g'kar character arcs. and a dreamy long haired blonde dude.

• Locked thread