Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

computer parts posted:

the only good parts of rotj are what happens on the death star (and i guess the battles that happen on endor and in space)

everything else kind of drags

jabbas hut is great, death of yoda is slow but good, bothans dying for information is always nice... what's left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

lara flynn boyle should have been aeon flux dammit

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Amethyst posted:

it should never have been made into a movie

aeon flux was a show where the medium really was the message

yeah it should have never been a show either

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

The best Aeon Flux was Tide.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

'volunteer duty!' is probably my favorite line in cinema

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

how are they going to explain how deckard aged 30 years when he was only built to live like six?

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

qntm posted:

it was so long before I realised that actually most science fiction stories are supposed to have characters, and should not consist of a single little macguffin which does something unexpected, the end
sure, but they can also be fun when it's old school emotionless future people

npr's on the media did a story about the right wing groups that rigged the hugo nominations. i liked their point that the genre changes and becomes differently inclusive over the years. now stories have things like character development and cultural elements, which is scary to the old guard who want 1950s cardboard stereotypes discussing light-reflection star drives

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

what's that one philip k dick short story where the advertising is pervasive and specifically yells the name of the narrator's wife like 'julie was in a car accident!' or something

i thought it was 'sales pitch' but that didn't exactly happen

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Amethyst posted:

the low resolution graphics match the low resolution performances. dont' remaster it. watch it and appreciate the terrible low tier 90s television production for what it is

agreedo, and this is coming from someone who hasn't stopped rewatching it since it came out

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

like there's a scene where someone references a projected computer image, but all it is is a piece of glass with a TV reflecting off camera.

if you can't enjoy that i don't know what to say

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F45-mlTLllc

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

JawnV6 posted:

risk, but every dice roll for a battle is determined by a game of monopoly

YOU HAVE TO ATTACK ERIC

IF YOU DON'T ATTACK ERIC HE WILL RUIN US ALL

GOD DAMMIT WHY AREN'T YOU ATTACKING ERIC????

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

whipped cream propellent launch system was going to revolutionize space travel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

wait is the new star wars trailer for the next episode or are they making a spinoff?

i don't know whats going on i cannot follow all of these star wars

• Locked thread