Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Awesome op, man!

Seconding Magic Carpet (not aladdin related) as well. It wasn't as popular as many others but it was pretty amazing for its time

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Does Mechwarrior count? Or Descent? Or would they be considered simulators/piloting games

edit: see you mentioned Descent in the op already :allears:

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 23, 2011

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

:allears:

This is what Doom 3 should have been like, but with fancier graphics

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I watched the Doom4 trailer and some gameplay and it looks pretty okay to me. It doesn't really look great, though, ya know? If the story is in the background then the gameplay and action and enemies need to be loving spot on and I'm not sure they were

THey do have a huge loving chaingun though and I think I might have a chaingun fetish because I cracked a smile when I saw that thing. Can't wait to let loose on a (hopefully) horde of demons

[edit] The enemy design is really generic though, in my opinion. The demons, especially the big 'uns, need to have more personality and look, well, I dunno, cooler I guess

That could be a starcraft monster, an unreal monster or a gears of war monster, it's so god drat generic

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 16, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TerminusEst13 posted:

Technically that would be the Mother Demon from Doom 64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYOrjF5C8dc

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whats with the weird rear end teal thing stuck in his boob

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Cyberdemon look really cool in that teaser but not as cool once it was fully revealed

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I remember all the creepy impaled corpses and wall-chained victims and stuff. I hope they don't forget that stuff

it is hell after all and those generic monsters are supposed to be demons

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked the part in the helltrailer where the skelton mans jetpack went hogwild and he started spinning around and then flew away and exploded

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Quake 4 was extremely generic. The only thing that stood out in the entire game was the stroggification scene. Everything else was just kind of bad and forgettable

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nah, they shouldn't have the Doomguy be the protagonist. The movie should be about a team finding and releasing the doomguy from his sarcophagus after Hell Breaks Loose

The movie should basically be exactly like Aliens 2. A group of badasses walking around super creepy environments fighting hordes of super creepy monsters

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

BattleMaster posted:

Cool you've found my pet peeve

Hah, I didn't even notice it myself

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:agreed:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

It just looks stupid when he shoots a demon with a dinky pistol and more blood come exploding out of its body than it should have in its entire body every time a bullet lands

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Server lobby was a much better system. Matchmaking sucks and makes it impossible to find new Internet Friends anymore because it's totally random who you're up against every time

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Battleborn is how you do stylized characters extremely wrong imo. It was such an unappealing and ugly game

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is extremely goofy and ugly to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No one really cared about Doom except for the hardcore modding community until Doom 2016 came out tbh. It took a huge hit in popularity even by Doom 3