Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annoying Question
Feb 18, 2011

Wizard Whateley posted:

Ok, thanks man. I'll see if I can't run setup.exe through dosbox. Not sure why it even uses it. Duke 3D seems to run fine without it.

I would recommend getting BMOUSE for the mouselook when playing build engine games in DOSbox. Also, there should be a shortcut to the setup on the GOG version.

Annoying Question fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annoying Question
Feb 18, 2011
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/59671-a-doom-equivalent-to-quake-injector/3/ A neat little application which lets you click a single link on the Doomworld idgames mirror to download and play Doom, Heretic and Hexen wads. It's in beta, but it is already really nice.

Annoying Question
Feb 18, 2011
Talking about Hexen, the guy who made Brutal Doom is now working on Brutal Hexen.

Annoying Question
Feb 18, 2011

Poison Jam posted:

I do have a question because today is the last day of the steam sale, do I pick up the Doom 3 BFG Edition? It has Doom I & II and I will admit I didn't play them much, I was more of a Wolfenstein guy back then and feel like I've missed out.

It's probably better to just grab Doom 1 and 2 by themselves, since the versions included with the BFG edition are censored, and I am pretty sure you do not get Final Doom or the Master Levels with it.