Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

As someone that used Doomsday in light of GZDoom always having issues with ATI cards, I tried GZ again, mostly because I watched a vid of Brutal Doom :hawaaaafap: aaaaaaaaaand, it still has problems, mostly in the BSOD area. But it looks like the culprit is once again ATI's wonky OpenGL support, so if anyone on a Radeon has issues, throw this in the directory where gzdoom.exe (assuming you have a 64-bit Vista/7 installation)(and you should)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BA9ZOGM5

If you don't, download Catalyst 10.12 for whatever OS you have, run the install program, but don't go any further after it extracts. Go to where it extracted, find atioglxx, and use 7zip to extract it, then throw it in the folder. Make sure vertex buffering is off, and don't enable vsync in-game, but otherwise, crash-free so far. I'M loving DOOMGUY OF THE NORTH STAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

I can't speak much for GZdoom releases after September, but up until the end of August 2010 I used a computer with Windows 7 64-bit and an old Radeon X800. Never ran into a single problem. I don't recall ever using that fix.

The X-series didn't go past Catalyst 10.2, and that driver had stable OpenGL support before the big overhaul broke a shitload of older games. It's generally 10.6 and beyond that are horrible for older OGL versions because they changed some core rendering things