Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Welcome to the Discussion Thread for Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, a game of politics, betrayal, and survival!

What is BSG all about?
BSG is a semi-cooperative board game for 3-9 players (realistically 5 or 7). Each character has unique abilities and all must work together to save humanity. However, some number of players are secretly Cylons. The humans must uncover the traitors while managing their own resources and scrambling to escape the threat of Cylon ships pursuing their tiny fleet.

Purpose of this thread
This thread is designed to be a central BSG discussion thread. The OP will be kept up to date with all past and currently running games. Moderators can post their intent to run new games and post links to those games and players can check in to see what games are going to start up. In addition, any and all questions about the game, especially rules questions are welcome.

DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT ASKING RULES QUESTIONS.

:siren: Apart from rules questions, please do not discuss ongoing games in this thread. :siren:

Rules and Errata
As we all know, BSG is a huge mess ruleswise. Here are some links.
Rules for core game are here.
Pegasus rules are here.
Exodus rules are here.
The official BSG rules errata and FAQ is here.
The current version of our DEFCON rules variant can be found here. If there are any questions about this variant, please post and I will do my best to answer them.

Completed Games
pre:
  1. BSG: The Board Game [Moderator: CharlieFoxtrot]
  2. All this has happened before... [Moderator: CharlieFoxtrot]
  3. ...And all this will happen again [Moderator: Kloaked00]
  4. BSG: The Board Game [Moderator: Kloaked00]
  5. We need 3 more TAC for the Adama Maneuver [Moderator: CharlieFoxtrot]
  6. Visit Scenic New Caprica [Moderator: CapnAndy]
  7. Last One Out the Airlock is a Skinjob [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  8. Frak Cylons, Get Cubits [Moderator: Klungar]
  9. Frak This Battlestar, It's On Fire [Moderator: Tao Jones]
  10. Now With Improved Smuglon Agendas! [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  11. Panic! At The Opera House [Moderator: CapnAndy]
  12. Admiral Thrace? President Tyrol for you on line two. [Moderator: FebrezeNinja]
  13. Frak this Felgercarb! I'm not a cylon! [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  14. There must be some way out of here [Moderator: nimby]
  15. Nobody gets to play as Cavil [Moderator: God of Evil Cows]
  16. No more mister nice Gaius [Moderator: Joden]
  17. Fear is a Key Article of Faith [Moderator: CapnAndy]
  18. Cavil Song and Dance Hour [Moderator: Some Numbers]
  19. Food is never an issue with Lee "Fatass" Adama as Admiral [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  20. Do Cylons Dream of Networked Sheep? [Moderator: FebrezeNinja]
  21. Welcome to Earf! [Moderator: Beef-Stew]
  22. How can I REEEACH these Cylons?! [Moderator: Kerrek]
  23. Drops of Caprica [Moderator: Reveilled]
  24. Love is the greatest computer virus of all. [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  25. Admiral Ackbar? President Nixon for you on line two [Moderator: God of Evil Cows]
  26. Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down [Moderator: Xyretire]
  27. All 1000 firewalls were breached?! If only we had 1001... [Moderator: SmuglyDismissed]
  28. Flesh and Bone [Moderator: Gravy Train Robber]
  29. Cavil's Drag Race [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  30. Nuke the 12 Colonies from orbit. It's the only way to be sure [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  31. That's no moon, it's a Basestar! [Moderator: Dexanth]
  32. Double Secret Cylons [Moderator: Dexanth]
  33. Are we Cylon, or are we dancer? [Moderator: scribe jones]
  34. I have a little Dradis, I made it out of clay [Moderator: SmuglyDismissed]
  35. My Gods, it's full of Basestars! [Moderator: Tekopo]
  36. Razor Cut: Death is Certain [Moderator: scribe jones]
  37. Alert Viper Pilot is better than Aggressive Tactics [Moderator: SomeNumbers]
  38. Huma's don't ask; Cylons don't tell [Moderator: SmuglyDismissed]
  39. Everyone's a Cylon [Moderator: Tekopo]
  40. Butter Knife Spread: Toast is certain. [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  41. Frakking Cylons, how do they work? [Moderator: Tekopo]
  42. Conga Out The Airlock [Moderator: SomeNumbers]
  43. The Magnificent Five [Moderator: Stormgale]
  44. Kobol's Last Gleaming [Moderator: Gravy Train Robber]
  45. A Delightful Clusterfrak of New Rules [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  46. Double Secret Cylons Mark II [Moderator: Some Numbers]
  47. Even More Clusterfrakking New Rules [Moderator: Dexanth]
  48. All Aboard the Chamalla Tea Party Express [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  49. So :Smug(lon): We All [Moderator: SmuglyDismissed]
  50. Zoom in on the cock [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  51. ##Apollo plays Lea-4 Eclair Emergency [Moderator: ChewyLSB]
  52. We Love you, Husker [Moderator: AesirKnight]
  53. You know, I know about Quorum farming [Moderator: ConorT]
  54. I'm here to frak toasters and chew gum and we're 0/10 gum. [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  55. I've been to distance 8 and I'm going to take us there [Moderator: ConorT]
  56. Caprican Idol: The Search for the Final Five [Moderator: AesirKnight]
  57. You Can't Take the Sky From Me [Moderator: Some Numbers]
  58. Admiral Hoshi? President Lampkin for you on line two. [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  59. Cubits Rule Everything Around Me [Moderator: AesirKnight]
  60. Who jarked off in my fraking coffee? [Moderator: Crackbone]
  61. Personal Goal Party Rock. Reveal this card if you're shufflin. [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  62. So say we all are the 99% [Moderator: AesirKnight]
  63. Personal Goal: Don't Die. Reveal this card if you jump once. [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  64. Just floggin' the one-eyed Tigh. [Moderator: Crackbone]
  65. #roslinsanity [Moderator: AesirKnight]
  66. Double Secret Cylons 2.0: The Fun Has Been Doubled [Moderater: Dexanth]
  67. Double Secret Cylons 2.0: The Chances of Success are 100% [Moderator: Dexanth]
  68. Double Secret Cylons 2.0: YES THERE ARE THREE OF THESE [Moderator: Some Numbers]
  69. Double Secret Cylons 2.0: Airlock Everyone Just to be Sure [Moderator: MetricUnit]
  70. So what did you need to show me in the Airlock? [Moderator: Caros]
  71. Cally shoots the President? Give her the job! [Moderator: Amnistar]
  72. A Charming Collection of Total Psychopaths [Moderator: Crackbone
  73. Double Secret Cylons 2.5: The pilot is ALWAYS a Cylon [Moderator: MetricUnit]
  74. Wearing a Hoodie? Probably a Cylon [Moderator: Crackbone]
  75. Sagittarions in the Neighborhood? Stand your Ground [Moderator: Crackbone]
  76. BSG WYOR: Knights of Cylondia [Moderator: fits]
  77. It ain't your turn to give a frak [Moderator: Crackbone]
  78. Let's play a sexy game of Battlestar Galactica. [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  79. Battlestar Galactica: Battlestar Galactica Edition [Moderator: Mega64]
  80. Laura Roslin Doesn't Care about Saggitarions [Moderator: fits]
  81. Let's Being Anew [Moderator: ConorT]
  82. The Basestar Bridge has been nuked. [Moderator: Mega64]
  83. Battlestar Galactica 2.0: I wouldn't trust me either. [Moderator: Broken Loose]
  84. Let's do FFG's job for them and playtest these broken characters [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  85. DEFCON...7? [Moderator: Crackbone]
  86. There and Back Again: A Cylon's Tale [Moderator: AesirKnight]
  87. Keep it Simple, Stupid [Moderator: Poison Mushroom]
  88. Kobol for Christmas [Moderator: Arkest]
  89. Big Trouble in Little Caprica [Moderator: Arkest]
  90. Daybreak and the Kitchen Sink [Moderator: Arkest]
  91. Cain's Revenge [Moderator: Arkest]
  92. Frak Earth [Moderator: Arkest]
  93. A Justified Response [Moderator: Arkest]
  94. Daybreaking Bad(ly) [Moderator: Stelas]
  95. A Simple Plan [Moderator: Max Peck]
  96. DEFCON Frak [Moderator: Arkest]
  97. Test the Limits [Moderator: Max Peck]
  98. Can We Airlock Destiny? [Moderator: Some Numbers]
  99. How Could this Happen to BSG? [Moderator: Some Numbers]
  100. BSG WYOR: Cylon History Month [Moderator: fits]
  101. Homeward Bound [Moderator: Max Peck]
  102. Midterm Edition: Cylons to retake the Quorum in a huge blow out! [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  103. [BSG DSC WYOR] From The Night [Moderator: fits]
  104. Survivor: Caprica [Moderator: Max Peck]
  105. The Mole: Galactica [Moderator: Max Peck]
  106. [Battlestar Galactica] The Brave Little Toasters [Moderator: Brony Hunter]
  107. Loco Laura: Beyond the Airlock [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  108. Too many cylons will spoil the broth but they'll fill our hearts with [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  109. Set Condition One Throughout The Kitchen [Moderator: Podima]
  110. Share a Diet Coke with a Cylon [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  111. Beer Is A Cylon's Greatest Ally [Moderator: Podima]
  112. Take A Shot When You Roll The Hard Six [Moderator: Podima]
  113. Cylon Civil War Reenactment Brigade: Sons & Daughters of New Caprica [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  114. Into the Void [Moderator: Friction.123]
  115. [BSG DSC] You're The Admiral, How Can You Mutiny Against Yourself?! [Moderator: Some Numbers]
  116. Six Angry Cylons [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  117. I have no idea what's going on but look at all those cards. [Moderator: Podima]
  118. Merry Christmas, You Frakking Toasters [Moderator: Podima]
  119. Let's figure this out. Everyone who's a Cylon, raise your hand. [Moderator: Podima]
  120. One Night Ultimate Cylon Daybreak [Moderator: Cocks Cable]
  121. If we brig everyone, we'll be safe. [Moderator: Podima]
  122. A Colon-Clenching Monolithic Force of Cylon Dickery [Moderator: Podima]
Important Links

If you want to host a game, you will probably want to download this attachment with easily updated copies of the DRADIS and character pictures. You will probably also want DeckManager to run the game for you; you can get there here.

Credit Where Credit is Due
CapnAndy gets a huge amount of credit for writing Deck Manager and making the moderation process a hell of a lot smoother.
Cocks Cable gets a reasonable amount of credit for picking up the slack in Andy's absence and adding all the Exodus cards to the program.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ongoing game:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417299&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

[BSG Exodus] I'm here to frak toasters and chew gum and we're 0/10 gum.

edit: also poo poo post tag.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 24, 2011

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Point 1. Hooray for shitpost tag? :v:
Point 2. I am only mirroring files at http://dash-dash-dash-dash.com/chrisf/bsg/ and am not responsible for actual creation of anything found there. If you have something bsg forum game related you want mirrored (or taken down), PM me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

mp5 posted:

edit: also poo poo post tag.

chrisf posted:

Point 1. Hooray for shitpost tag? :v:
:suicide:

I'm not very good at this whole "thread making" thing. How do I fix that?

Adding the other game to the OP.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Quoting from the last thread:

ChewyLSB posted:

I think its just because Food isn't tied to an external resource besides Crises like Fuel (distance), Morale (executions), and Populations (Civilians).

I was actually thinking about it - it'd be interesting if Fantasy Flight just went back and released a second edition to BSG, built from the ground up with certain enhancements in mind. For example, it'd be cool if they redid the game from the ground up with the Cylon Fleet Board in mind, as it is right now I feel like Launch Nukes and Launch Raiders show up too often with the Cylon Fleet board because you always end up with two basestars on the board.

On the other hand the fact that having cylon ships on the board from a jump - like Derelict Basestar or Cylon Ambush or whatever is actually a pretty human thing feels kinda dumb to me. It'd be kind of cool if something like 40 - 45% of crisis cards just had a "pursuit track advances" icon on them - assuming that it doesn't already advance due to Cylon Ships not activating. This way even if the humans have cylon ships on the board its possible for the rest of the Cylon Fleet to "catch up".

I do not like the Cylon Fleet option included with Exodus and these are two reasons why. Sometimes Crisis card activations will ruin a Cylon player's carefully planned Fleet board and drop a single Basestar and maybe a handful of raiders onto the board. I know Cylon attack cards are based entirely around the luck of the draw but hosting a base game on these forums made me remember how surprising and exciting getting a couple of attack cards during a single jump cycle can be, and I feel that this element is usually missing with the cylon fleet board. It's less exciting when you know that a mass of ships are coming, and from my limited (7-8 games) experience with the expansion, massive jump-ins don't happen more than once or maybe twice a game.

I also don't like how the CAG title has been handled. Piloting has always been about protecting civilian ships but as CAG I feel like a janitor cleaning up civilian ships around the board. Additionally the extra activate you get each turn feels 'finicky' to use, and thanks to the dilution of Pegasus cards in the deck, "CAG chooses" cards seem to come up about as rarely as "consequence" cards. The CAG also makes protecting civilian ships a bit too easy; in most of the Exodus games I have played population hasn't ever been dangerously low compared to the other resources on the board, whereas games I've played without exodus have usually been lost by the humans because of this resource. One last complaint that I have is that the fleet is too reliant on having a CAG pilot, this had led to games where we draft more than one piloting character at the start. The back-up pilot usually doesn't get to do very much since the CAG is the go-to pilot for space actions, whereas the second pilot acts as a spare in case of a CAG reveal which may or may not happen somewhere down the road, which is not a lot of fun.

Most of the things I've listed are minor and are probably subjective due to my personal experience with the expansion, but I feel that these things do drag the game down a bit compared to space combat in previous iterations of the game.

EDIT: drat that's a lot of words about a board game based on a TV show

ConorT fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 24, 2011

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

Some Numbers posted:

:suicide:

I'm not very good at this whole "thread making" thing. How do I fix that?

Adding the other game to the OP.

find a mod who doesn't hate TGD and ask him very nicely to change it to

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Send a PM to Shalinor, she'll probably take care of it.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

ConorT posted:

I do not like the Cylon Fleet option included with Exodus and these are two reasons why. Sometimes Crisis card activations will ruin a Cylon player's carefully planned Fleet board and drop a single Basestar and maybe a handful of raiders onto the board.

This is a valid complaint, but can't you just remove or house rule these types of cards?

Mr. Ali
Oct 2, 2003
gay man

Some Numbers posted:

BSG is a semi-cooperative board game for 3-9 players (realistically 5 or 7).

How is that possible? My BSG game box says 3-6 players.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Mr. Ali posted:

It becomes possible with the expansion (more loyalty cards). I don't think there is enough in the base game to account for 7.

I imagine with both expansions it can jump to 9. Whether anyone actually wants to play with 9 players is debatable. It can quickly becoming boring when theres a big gap between turns and you don't get many actions before the game ends.

Mr. Ali
Oct 2, 2003
gay man

Gravy Train Robber posted:

It becomes possible with the expansion (more loyalty cards). I don't think there is enough in the base game to account for 7.

I imagine with both expansions it can jump to 9. Whether anyone actually wants to play with 9 players is debatable. It can quickly becoming boring when theres a big gap between turns and you don't get many actions before the game ends.

From custom made rules? The box on Pegasus and Exodus also show 3-6 players. I know there are single player and two player variants from Fantasy Flight Games but nothing about having over 6 players. If you guys have a method that works I am all ears.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

7 player base game is possible if nobody picks baltar/boomer and you use the sympathizer card as another human loyalty, and pegasus rulebook has rules for 7 player (one player forced to be cylon leader).

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Mr. Ali posted:

Someone on these forums ran a 9 player game once so it is possible, just not for the faint of heart.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

This is a valid complaint, but can't you just remove or house rule these types of cards?

My friends don't like house rules :negative:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ConorT posted:

Someone on these forums ran a 9 player game once so it is possible, just not for the faint of heart.

Did it take like a week per skillcheck?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I vaguely remember that, it ended really fast due to a hilarious series of crisis cards, I think.

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

I played an in-person game with 7 players once and it was really slow. 5 really is the magic number for this game.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I like 5-player table top but 7-player forum. I just find 5-player forum lacks enough chatter especially if a few of the players are the shy types.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ConorT posted:

I played an in-person game with 7 players once and it was really slow. 5 really is the magic number for this game.

After ~10 plays with my group varying from 3-6 players, no one wants to play unless we have exactly 5 people.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

ConorT posted:

My friends don't like house rules :negative:

Your friends suck. But yeah, Exodus is rough around the edges out of the box.

Malloreon posted:

After ~10 plays with my group varying from 3-6 players, no one wants to play unless we have exactly 5 people.

Does no one play 6-player no-sympathizer variant?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

Does no one play 6-player no-sympathizer variant?

How does this go again?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

ConorT posted:

How does this go again?

-2 pop, -1 morale, -1 food and revealed cylons draw 3 cards instead of 2

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I like seven player games best on the forums, since having three cylons maximizes the drama of the ~*~*~SECRETS AND LIES~*~*~ section of the game.

I've never played it on the tabletop, though, so maybe five is better in person.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

chrisf posted:

I vaguely remember that, it ended really fast due to a hilarious series of crisis cards, I think.

No. No it didn't. The 9 player game was Panic! At the Opera House moderated by CapnAndy and it took FOREVER. I played in that game and it went all the way to New Caprica.

It's actually a pretty great read. Highlights include a first turn Cylon Attack followed by a turn 3 Cylon reveal Brigging Boomer (me) followed by Cavil OPGing and destroying half the civilians.

Also Mills coined :doh: as code for Consolidate Power.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
7 players is already a bit problematic, due to reduced number of turns each player gets. It's much more difficult for the hidden cylons to pick the right time to reveal, and once they do, with only a 2 card draw and 6 player turns inbetween, they'll have little effect on skill checks.

And if the cylon leader draws a 'Humans Win' agenda, it'll be 2 vs 5 at some point. I think giving and additional card to revealed cylons and the leader makes sense, like in the No Sympathizer variant.

As for my game, it's come down to a win or lose skill check. If they pass Prison Revolt, they jump. If they fail, or hit the partial, they're at 0 pop. Apparently, those prisoners are the only people left alive in the fleet. No wonder they want out.

Not if President Tyrol has anything to say about it.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I've never played on the forums, but I've played the hell out of this at the table. I've checked out some of the past forum games and some of them use some SA house rules, so I'm curious if someone has a comprehensive list. We've started using some of the SA house rules that I remember, but I want to take a look at a complete list to see if there's anything else worth incorporating.

I agree that Exodus is a little rough without a couple of house rules, but having used the Cylon Fleet board enough times, I now find it as necessary to the cylons as the Pegasus is to the humans.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

Hannibal Rex posted:

7 players is already a bit problematic, due to reduced number of turns each player gets. It's much more difficult for the hidden cylons to pick the right time to reveal, and once they do, with only a 2 card draw and 6 player turns inbetween, they'll have little effect on skill checks.

And if the cylon leader draws a 'Humans Win' agenda, it'll be 2 vs 5 at some point. I think giving and additional card to revealed cylons and the leader makes sense, like in the No Sympathizer variant.

As for my game, it's come down to a win or lose skill check. If they pass Prison Revolt, they jump. If they fail, or hit the partial, they're at 0 pop. Apparently, those prisoners are the only people left alive in the fleet. No wonder they want out.

Not if President Tyrol has anything to say about it.

The thing is that by the time all the Cylons are out, the only skill checks are on crisis cards, and there are a lot of crisis cards without skill checks.

In 5 player games in my experience this leads to giant toaster hands and the ability to sabotage -everything-; in 7 player games they actually have to make hard choices.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Dexanth doesn't get to be a cylon enough.

So I know Pegasus changed Caprica to include jump prep, but does anyone know why they did this? And does Exodus do the same thing or keep the original Caprica?

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

Dexanth doesn't get to be a cylon enough.

So I know Pegasus changed Caprica to include jump prep, but does anyone know why they did this? And does Exodus do the same thing or keep the original Caprica?

Exodus definitely uses the new Caprica, the game slows down a bit when Cylons use that location non-stop in the base game.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Ah well. Humans won.

With three resources at 1, it was a close game, in the end.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Some Numbers you should start another game like you were saying you might. The one I am in is probably the slowest PBF game in the history of mankind.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can't! I can't run Deck Manager in Linux!

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Just played my first game with Exodus where the alternate human loyalty cards actually affected the game.

I got shot by Cally, apparently our one regular cylon, just before the sleeper phase. I picked Chief Tyrol and promptly got handed the sypathetic cylon loyalty card at the sleeper phase. I had to help the humans get to distance 6 and then kill them, so I convinced Kat to bite the bullet and go to the brig as the result of a crisis, promising to help get her out. I flushed her out the airlock instead, being at distance 7, and was promptly killed by Cain thereafter.

All the while, The crises, Cally, and I took the humans from 7 Morale to 1 between distance 6 and 8 (going to Kobol). Cain had an unresolved human loyalty card that asked her to use all her nukes or lose 1 morale at the end of the game. :awesomelon:

Other than the hilariously nasty Final Five cards that execute people who look at them, I haven't had any of the new Exodus loyalty cards affect the game all that much. Has anyone else run into anything fun or interesting or problematic with those? Also, what do people think of the Exodus rule adding the extra, possibly unused, loyalty card to the deck? It amazes me that there is nothing in the rules that compensate for the possibility that a "You are a Cylon" card is never drawn.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

I play a bit with friends using the Pegasus expansion and we seem to always find the cylon ships to be lacking, whether it's because attack cards get pushed to the bottom of the crisis deck or the basestars get jumped away from. There's just nothing to shoot.

Next game we'll house-rule basestars remain after jumping, but I was wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

The worst submarine posted:

I play a bit with friends using the Pegasus expansion and we seem to always find the cylon ships to be lacking, whether it's because attack cards get pushed to the bottom of the crisis deck or the basestars get jumped away from. There's just nothing to shoot.

Next game we'll house-rule basestars remain after jumping, but I was wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Exodus can cure what ails you, but short of that you could consider a few things:

You could keep civvies in play when you jump. Exodus does this because it gives the pilots the option to escort them off the board as an action (which you would also have to do, because there would be no way off the board for the civvies other than getting blown up). This won't increase the cylons, but it will make every one of them that appears much more of an immediate threat.

You could also borrow something from Exodus and add cylons to the board when you get do-nothing activations (like when you are called to activate, say, base stars when there are none of the board). Exodus has you add cylons to the cylon fleet board and increase their own, separate, "pursuit track" when you get one of these. You don't have that board, so you could just drop one ship of the appropriate type onto your board when you get a do-nothing activation. If there is one of the appropriate type, just act as normal. If not, find a way (a six-sided die) to randomize where the new cylon is going to go and drop one on the board. That might be a good middle-ground between having not enough cylons and leaving base stars on the board.

You wouldn't want to use both of these at once, though. Exodus makes both work but it has a cylon fleet board between the cylons and the Galactica board.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I need a new game!

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Mills posted:

I need a new game!

Yeah, let's play man. Let's play.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I was thinking about doing up a custom deck of loyalty cards given how cheap it is at Artscow right now. Any opinions on these?

New cylon reveals:

- you may look at the top 3 cards of the Destination Deck. You may choose to bury all three or return them in any order.

- you may damage 2 Vipers in the Hanger Bay, or damage 1 Viper in space.

- you may force the Admiral to discard 1 Nuke token.

- name a location on Galactia other than the Brig or Sickbay. Each human player must randomly discard 1 Skill Card or immediately move to the named location.

- you may force the President to randomly discard 3 Quorum Cards.

- you may add two Civs to the board

Changed:

- Damage Galactia goes from 5 tokens to 4

- Draw treachery changes to allow the cylon to pick and keep two of the discarded cards

Also, anybody have thoughts on other interesting personal goals I could add?

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 27, 2011

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

1) Too weak. Easily undone with a scout or two.
2) Too weak, but good enough idea to expand upon. Damage at least 2 vipers in space or 4 in the hangar bay. Consider the damage location reveal and how this would compare.
3) Decent.
4) I'm unsure of the value of this one. On its face, it seems weak. But moving everyone to a worthless location would disrupt the XO chain for a whole cycle.
5) Good idea but I think perhaps it should be look at the quorum hand and discard 3 of your choice.
6) Is this suppose to be used with Exodus? If not, then its rather weak. If so, then why not increase pursuit track instead of just adding civs?

Regarding the change to cards,
1) Fair enough.
2) I like this change, but I always though the cylon should get 3 cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Cocks Cable posted:

1) Too weak. Easily undone with a scout or two.
2) Too weak, but good enough idea to expand upon. Damage at least 2 vipers in space or 4 in the hangar bay. Consider the damage location reveal and how this would compare.
3) Decent.
4) I'm unsure of the value of this one. On its face, it seems weak. But moving everyone to a worthless location would disrupt the XO chain for a whole cycle.
5) Good idea but I think perhaps it should be look at the quorum hand and discard 3 of your choice.
6) Is this suppose to be used with Exodus? If not, then its rather weak. If so, then why not increase pursuit track instead of just adding civs?

Regarding the change to cards,
1) Fair enough.
2) I like this change, but I always though the cylon should get 3 cards.

1) Yeah, probably right, and I'm not sure how you could fix it. EDIT: What about look at top 4/5, and you can choose which to bury and which to put back on top?

2) If it's two in space, should it allow piloted vipers? 4 in hangar is kinda bad but popping two manned vipers seems really good.

4) Disrupting the XO chain is pretty good though. What if I bumped up the escape clause to two cards of player's choice?

5) I'm not against that, but thought it would be too powerful.

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 27, 2011

• Locked thread