Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Are the exodus cards the one with the skill check piloting skill card that let you activate vipers?

Because if noone had already XOed that turn it was literally possible for apollo to avp out, cag action, and xo someone, mid crisis

AVP is the most broken static

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

fits posted:

Are the exodus cards the one with the skill check piloting skill card that let you activate vi. pers?

Because if noone had already XOed that turn it was literally possible for apollo to avp out, cag action, and xo someone, mid crisis

AVP is the most broken static

He can already do that. Apollo can XO in the middle of a Cylon Attack, because setting up Vipers is launching them from the reserves.

Apollo can get shot down by the initial activation, immediately jump back out when a Viper is launched and then XO someone to hit FTL. In fact, I would purposely not use an Evasive to set that up if I could.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Revealing off a CAC is still the best Apollo thing.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Can you XO off State of Emergency? I'm just picturing like, ALL the actions.

Also, shame you can't have both Apollo's in one game. Imagine Daybreak Apollo XOing someone when stood on Command, allowing regular Apollo to jump out and OPG and do other shenanigans...

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
You're limited to one XO or CritSit a turn, so only if no one else has yet

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well, if we're talking crazy combinations, Player A could play a CriSit to play an XO on his Movement turn, then Player B, who received the XO, could play a State of Emergency with his first XO action. Player C uses his SoC action to launch Vipers, triggering Apollo (Player D) to hop into that Viper and take a free action, which he could use to play a CAG action and then another action. Then Players D, E, A and B take their State of Emergency action (assuming a 5-player game), then Player B takes his second XO action, then player A takes his Action-phase action.

11 actions and I'm probably forgetting something :v:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

John Dough posted:

Well, if we're talking crazy combinations, Player A could play a CriSit to play an XO on his Movement turn, then Player B, who received the XO, could play a State of Emergency with his first XO action. Player C uses his SoC action to launch Vipers, triggering Apollo (Player D) to hop into that Viper and take a free action, which he could use to play a CAG action and then another action. Then Players D, E, A and B take their State of Emergency action (assuming a 5-player game), then Player B takes his second XO action, then player A takes his Action-phase action.

The GM then rigs the Crisis deck to put all the Jump Prep cards on the bottom out of spite.

EDIT: Also, one player could be Hoshi who OPGs to activate three locations, then uses his static to active Command or something again :v:

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 27, 2014

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

John Dough posted:

CritSit and XO are mutually exclusive, unfortunately. So 10 I guess.

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007
There's no rule preventing State of Emergency from being played more than once per turn.

You'd just have to rig it so there were few cards left in the Leadership deck, then after you play SoE, use the Captain's Cabin or pass an Admiral's Quarters check and use Change of Plans to hand out Leadership to everyone to draw it again.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Arkest posted:

There's no rule preventing State of Emergency from being played more than once per turn.

You'd just have to rig it so there were few cards left in the Leadership deck, then after you play SoE, use the Captain's Cabin or pass an Admiral's Quarters check and use Change of Plans to hand out Leadership to everyone to draw it again.

Oh god. What a nightmare. I didn't realise you could Change of Plans on an AQ check...

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Arkest posted:

How big is the Leadership deck? You could rig it so every non-SoE lea card is already drawn, so after its drawn and played anyone who drew lea would be able to draw it guaranteed

I wonder how quickly you could win a game that. A revealed cylon or two playing along with Caprica activations for jump prep should be able to get you there before you run out of food

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

fits posted:

A revealed cylon or two playing along with Caprica activations for jump prep should be able to get you there before you run out of food

Technically even if a resource hits 0 you don't lose the game until the end of the turn, and even then only if the resource is still 0. (The rule is there so you can jump to a Tylium Planet with your last point of fuel and not lose.) Feel free to run out of food, just make sure the turn never ends.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I remember reading one game (either here or somewhere else) where the human players parked a dude on the Captain's Cabin and XOed him to double tap for LEA as often as they could, whilst tossing Change of Plans out whenever they passed a crisis. If I remember it was with double-sleeper Cylons too, who by the time the sleeper phase started has basically no chance against the human card farm.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Technically even if a resource hits 0 you don't lose the game until the end of the turn, and even then only if the resource is still 0. (The rule is there so you can jump to a Tylium Planet with your last point of fuel and not lose.) Feel free to run out of food, just make sure the turn never ends.

The game checks for 0 resources on the last jump to win, doesn't it? In case they fail an FTL roll and kill everyone.

But I think resourses can't go below -1, so you'd just need to get two food in the last cycle, totally doable

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

fits posted:

The game checks for 0 resources on the last jump to win, doesn't it? In case they fail an FTL roll and kill everyone.

But I think resourses can't go below -1, so you'd just need to get two food in the last cycle, totally doable

Good point, I forgot about that. Okay then, just pass a Food Rationing immediately before the final jump.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Technically, if a cylon leader (preferably Caprica Six, since she starts in the right place) has the right CL objectives, everyone can win the game on the first turn of the game by cycling State of Emergencies. At least, it was possible pre-Daybreak; not sure if the extra cards in Daybreak gently caress it up (Captain's Cabin might solve that problem anyway).

fits posted:

Yes, and the rule is that they can't go below 0, so you only need +1 food. You might need +1 other things after all the crises you just failed, though.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Is it possible to have a game that no one wins? (Double sleeper Cylons and Humans get boned over by DeckCylon) Has that ever happened here?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Brony Hunter posted:

Is it possible to have a game that no one wins? (Double sleeper Cylons and Humans get boned over by DeckCylon) Has that ever happened here?

Please don't discuss ongoing games :smith:

Seriously though, it's definitely possible, but I really hope it's rarer than one game in 100 that it happens, especially since it'd almost have to be loss via centurion, the complete destruction of Galactica, or maybe population from a fuckton of dead civs.

Speaking of ongoing games, though, I'm curious as to how many we can actually have going at a time. Test the Limits is open for signups, and is a 6-player Pegasus and Daybreak game to Kobol.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Brony Hunter posted:

I was in a real-life game once that ended on turn 9 because we drew 5 Cylon Attacks. There was one pre-sleeper Cylon but they didn't commit any sabotage, so a no-win game is possible.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Alternatively, you can have an Exodus game with Ionian Nebula where Cylons are eliminated or whatever while their side wins. I forget whether it's possible for everyone in the game to be eliminated.

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007
FFG posted an updated version of their FAQ.

I think everything in it was previously on BGG's unofficial FAQ, but I guess it's more official now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Wow, Hoshi can use his static three times with his OPG? :psyduck:

Haven't played a lot of Daybreak stuff since my group's been having new players regularly, how do Missions hold up? When I played with them, it seemed useless to do the ones that didn't do distance, which is kind of a shame since there's some cool stuff in there. Just wondering if it's yet another thing that could be improved with house rules, or if playing it normally works pretty well.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Shiiiiiit, what?
I juuuust picked hoshi as the new character I've yet to try for the game that started!

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Holy...

I wish I'd known that the last time I played Hoshi. My soft Cylon reveal of OPGing would have been a lot deadlier with that.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Mega64 posted:

Haven't played a lot of Daybreak stuff since my group's been having new players regularly, how do Missions hold up? When I played with them, it seemed useless to do the ones that didn't do distance, which is kind of a shame since there's some cool stuff in there. Just wondering if it's yet another thing that could be improved with house rules, or if playing it normally works pretty well.
Honestly when playing my usual set up (5 players, all expansions stuff but not CAF), missions really felt... Meh.

Like, they were an option you could do, but I didn't want to do them pre-sleeper in case we did something ridiculous like removing a basestar from the game before I got a new loyalty card, but also post-sleeper there's so many other things to be doing instead to curb the damage being done and also dump mutiny cards (which usually become a serious problem after sleeper and the cylons have treachery)

First game we played we were doing one every jump, but these days I just wish there was the Rebel Basestar one immediately after sleeper, as that makes the game a lot more interesting (with unrevealed cylons using their miracle token on it and such), and sod the rest.

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Hmm, it does kind of imply that doesn't it? I think that's just poor wording on their part, his static clearly says "once during your turn". I'll try to get clarification.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Metos posted:

First game we played we were doing one every jump, but these days I just wish there was the Rebel Basestar one immediately after sleeper, as that makes the game a lot more interesting (with unrevealed cylons using their miracle token on it and such), and sod the rest.

Hm, are there any house rules involving having the Rebel Basestar out at the start of the game or at sleeper? Seems wasteful to have it hidden behind a mission when it does such cool poo poo, but it might be a bit too powerful to just have it out.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

Mega64 posted:

Hm, are there any house rules involving having the Rebel Basestar out at the start of the game or at sleeper? Seems wasteful to have it hidden behind a mission when it does such cool poo poo, but it might be a bit too powerful to just have it out.

The main thing with the mission is that the mission determines whether the Rebel Basestar is usable by humans or revealed Cylons.

In one game I played where we won the Rebel Basestar, we had Daybreak Baltar--who collected everyone's miracle tokens and used them to great effect on the Rebel Basestar.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
[BSG WYOR] Cylon History Month has finally started!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Hey guys, you know what's awesome?

DEFCON. :v:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Corbeau posted:

Quiet you, this game is amazing.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Corbeau posted:

So, Arkest, tell us again what you did to make DEFCON and the spreadsheet work together?

Arkest
Apr 2, 2007
Just sort the Crisis deck by the Cylon Attack column (column G) and copy them somewhere else, like the bottom of the crisis tab. If you are using the CFB version of DEFCON you don't even need to do that since it sorts them for you, just unhide those rows.

Then, when you need to resolve a CAC, just copy it to the top. If you care about preserving your game history, you can copy all the other Crisis cards down a row (don't cut things, it will break some of the templates), or if you don't care, just copy the CAC over the last crisis played.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I am so drat excited that Cylon History Month has started (once we get the preliminary placement out of the way and I can actually take my first turn).

Edit: This is going to be such a weird drat game.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:munch: Anyone potentially interested in playing in a game run in an afternoon on IRC or what have you? I've done it way in the past with deckcylon and it was always such a hassle, but the spreadsheet does a good job of streamlining a bunch of the process and making it feasible.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

For something like that you might try the VASSAL modules instead? I've not used them for their intended purposes myself but others here have reported success using them.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

fits posted:

:munch: Anyone potentially interested in playing in a game run in an afternoon on IRC or what have you? I've done it way in the past with deckcylon and it was always such a hassle, but the spreadsheet does a good job of streamlining a bunch of the process and making it feasible.

I could be down for this, but I might suggest play.cymod.net for the board combined with IRC for the kibitzing.

e: What IRC channel/server, and what time?

DopeGhoti fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 1, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I'd be down for it, but it'd depend on timezones really.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Probably next weekend unless there was a lot of people around shortly today. I made a channel, #bsg on synIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

fits posted:

Probably next weekend unless there was a lot of people around shortly today. I made a channel, #bsg on synIRC

I would be up for this next weekend.

• Locked thread