Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

fits posted:

cocks cable is experimenting along those lines in his game that just started

Oh, cool! Didn't notice that game. Getting the effects of other You Are A Cylon cards is pretty clever. I'm guessing the Destiny changes are to further obfuscate where cards are coming from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Oh, cool! Didn't notice that game. Getting the effects of other You Are A Cylon cards is pretty clever. I'm guessing the Destiny changes are to further obfuscate where cards are coming from?

Correct - it makes it much harder (if not nearly impossible) to card-count and much easier for check sabotaging to happen surreptitiously.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Podima posted:

Correct - it makes it much harder (if not nearly impossible) to card-count and much easier for check sabotaging to happen surreptitiously.

Nice. I'll have to try this next time we play. I should also DEFCON again, but I'm worried it would be too much for the Humans without Pegasus (which I don't own). Has anyone tried that? I might just try something simpler, like having the board reset to its initial state after each jump (i.e. Basestar and three Raiders in front of Galactica, two Civilian ships behind Galactica, one Viper in each Viper launch area).

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Nice. I'll have to try this next time we play. I should also DEFCON again, but I'm worried it would be too much for the Humans without Pegasus (which I don't own). Has anyone tried that? I might just try something simpler, like having the board reset to its initial state after each jump (i.e. Basestar and three Raiders in front of Galactica, two Civilian ships behind Galactica, one Viper in each Viper launch area).

I think DEFCON works well with or without Pegasus. Its main feature is to smooth out the Cylon Attack distribution, which works regardless of whether you have Pegasus or not. Pegasus is basically a pro-Human balancer, so it depends on what other stuff you have in play and how good your group is at the game.

The board reset is an interesting idea but I think would end up being very painful - always having a Basestar on the board is rougher than you might think.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Podima posted:

I think DEFCON works well with or without Pegasus. Its main feature is to smooth out the Cylon Attack distribution, which works regardless of whether you have Pegasus or not. Pegasus is basically a pro-Human balancer, so it depends on what other stuff you have in play and how good your group is at the game.

The board reset is an interesting idea but I think would end up being very painful - always having a Basestar on the board is rougher than you might think.

I'll have to give it a try next time, then. Thanks!

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I'm having a brain fart. Do revealed cylons draw 2 or 3 skill cards?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Clanpot Shake posted:

I'm having a brain fart. Do revealed cylons draw 2 or 3 skill cards?

2 normally, 3 with No-Sympathizer.

They have to be all different colors in both scenarios.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Podima posted:

They have to be all different colors in both scenarios.

I think that rule might have been added in Pegasus, to make sure revealed cylons wouldn't just draw all Treachery? The base game rulebook just says "The Cylon player may draw two Skill Cards of any type(s)", and the parentheses around that last (s) makes it clear that drawing both skill cards from the same type is allowed.

Not that it's a harmful rule to backport to the base game, but it's not especially helpful either. It's not like it adds a lot of variety, revealed cylons just end up drawing 1 Engineering and 1 Piloting per turn every turn (and 1 Politics with No Sympathizer).

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Had a real nail-biter game end when the human luck finally ran out. Both cylons were out pre-sleeper and were able to reveal outside of the brig. The president was given a crisis choice that executed me, the admiral, right before his turn, so he executes me and reveals. When I show I'm human the other players start believing me that Zarek was a cylon, so after my turn he reveals (board state was hosed so I couldn't brig him).

At distance 7 the human team had 1 fuel and 0 raptors. By some miracle we pull a distance 1 with no fuel cost. A super crisis put a boarder on deck at the middle of the track. Next up was the CAG, followed by a cylon. CAG tries and fails to shoot the boarder, and of all the crisis in the deck draws one with a heavy raider activation. We called it there (since 2 heavies in a row ended the game).

Our main problem was the human skill draws. Humans were Seelix, Hotdog, and Tigh at the end. Hotdog had a shitload of unhelpful PIL and nobody drew POL. We constantly had low/no skill hands, largely due to one of the cylons drawing 3 SSCs and playing them all one after the other. Fun game though.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:doh:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

This WOULD have happened on time except I was stuck overnight in Milwaukee thanks to United Airlines.

[BSG] Picking the Worst Characters Is Part of the Fun, Really is now open for sigups!

This game has ended in a Human Victory! Somehow. We really don't understand how either.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Any games starting up? I'm trying to get back into the game, I've never played Daybreak :psylon:

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
How does the game work without executive order in it? Does it break something fundamental to the game?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Banana Man posted:

How does the game work without executive order in it? Does it break something fundamental to the game?

It doesn't. Yes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
XO is pretty drat important.

1. The target gets two actions if they stay put. Action economy is precious in this game, so having more is huge.
2. Having someone else move on your turn is also huge. You can send someone out of Sickbay, or out of the way of incoming raiders, or manipulate character abilities/downsides.
3. Because of the above, it's very important because it's also a huge test of trust, especially once sleeper hits. Giving humans extra actions is very powerful, but not as much as giving them to Cylons. Being wary of XOs thus makes it important to try to find the Cylons ASAP, thus leading to accusations and drama and all that important stuff.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

It's also why characters that don't have natural access to XOs are considered weaker, overall.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Banana Man posted:

The game needs to have everything balanced for five characters acting in concert, and in the same breath three working together opposed by two others. Executive Orders is how that balance is achieved.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello! Long time no talk.

If someone would be so kind as to send me a copy of the latest Deckcylon bundle (I think Cocks Cable and Toshimo are the most likely to have this on hand, from memory - preferably one that includes the turn status template, et cetera) I'll run a game over the Thanksgiving holiday. :) I unfortunately forgot to grab my flash drive with the files on the way out today!

Probably the best way to do this is toss it on Dropbox or MEGA or something and PM me a link.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also, lol if you thought I'd ever let this thread die peacefully. Can't let Some Numbers lose one of his horcruxes!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
zzzzz....huh? What? Oh, this thread still exists.

I've been busy with my LP thread.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Happily I found a copy of stuff in my email!

[BSG] I'm Thankful for Toasters is now open for signups!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Podima posted:

pre:
DRADIS

\      BRAVO   |   CHARLIE    /  
 \             |             /
  \            |            /
   \           |           /
    \          |          /
     \         |         /
      \        |        /
       \       |       / 
        \      | CivD / 
         \     |     / 
          \    |    / 
           \   |   /         
A Basestar1 \  |  /           D
L  Basestar2 \ | / Heavyx1    E
P    Raiderx4 \|/             L
H             /|\ CivA        T
A            / | \ CivB       A
            /  |  \ CivC
           /   |   \ CivE
          /    |    \ CivH
         /     |     \ CivI
        / CivG | CivF \ CivJ
       /       | CivL  \ CivK
      /        |        \ 
     / Viperx2 |         \ 
    /  MkVIIx1 | MkVIIx1  \ 
   /  Raiderx12|           \ 
  /            | ARaptorx1  \
 /             |             \
/    FOXTROT   |   ECHO       \

Basestar Damage:
Basestar1 (0/3) - N/A
Basestar2 (0/3) - N/A

Special Rules:
Relentless Pursuit: If the fleet jumps before a
civilian ship or basestar is destroyed, decrease DEFCON by 3.

This is fine.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I helped.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm along for the ride.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
been awhile since I've played BSG, that's all the civs right?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It is, in fact! And all the Raiders/Basestars, too.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've been hearing some talk on BGG about FFG's New Angeles being kind of a spiritual successor to BSG, has anyone here had a chance to try it out?

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
That was sure a DRADIS

Hi people how goes life and does this game still get played

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dexanth posted:

That was sure a DRADIS

Hi people how goes life and does this game still get played

That DRADIS is from a game we're playing right now.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

can you please link the game for maximum :munch: ?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheParadigm posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3420896&perpage=40&pagenumber=171#post466748201

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

TheParadigm posted:

Podima posted:

Happily I found a copy of stuff in my email!

[BSG] I'm Thankful for Toasters is now open for signups!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I've been hearing some talk on BGG about FFG's New Angeles being kind of a spiritual successor to BSG, has anyone here had a chance to try it out?

I tried it and loved it. Was BNN (the news network) and a federalist traitor and managed to cause and create problems while profiting and sewing dissent. We stopped midgame to an emergency but I was winning; I'd play again but not with the same people.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

This game has ended in a Deckcylon Cylon Victory!

I'll probably put another game up next Friday or so, I'll be off work for like a week+ at that point. :)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'll be missing that game then so have fun everyone also Podima you forgot to include the most shameful part: it was a Food loss

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Podima posted:

This game has ended in a Deckcylon Cylon Victory!

With that dradis?! Cylon victory?! :monocle:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fellis posted:

With that dradis?! Cylon victory?! :monocle:

You should read it. That DRADIS doesn't turn out how you think AT ALL.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Been a long time since I played. Might try to squeeze in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Been a long time since I played. Might try to squeeze in.

:getin:

• Locked thread