Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

mindphlux posted:

Any recommendations for e-mail filtering services?

We use Mimecast. Not the cheapest but it does a lot more than just email filtering.
We have also used Maildistiller, which now looks to be Proofpoint Essentials. I didn't realise they've changed to Proofpoint but the customers we have on it haven't had any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

I'm currently looking at GFI to replace N-Able. We pretty much only use N-Able for it's DirectConnect remote desktop and monitoring ~200 endpoints via ping only.

I've been looking specifically at GFI because it uses TeamViewer, which is what I always use when N-Able's DirectConnect doesn't work or is slow, which is most of the time.
I've seen a few posts earlier in here not liking GFI because it uses TeamViewer. Is there anything I should know about with it? Its seemed to work great for me when ever i've used it.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

incoherent posted:

We rolled teamviewer into the software we develop, and I love it a lot. I do not like the licensing though, it is borderline ripoff.
Buying teamviewer outright is expensive, especially if you need more than one channel. The GFI rebranded Teamviewer is £0.20/month/workstation, I've not seen any limits on concurrent users. I've not tested that but I don't think it will be an issue.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

bimmian posted:

but I'm interested in why else you're moving away from it.

The new managed AV client (based on BitDefender I think) causes some of our customers on WinXP (yeah I know) to have performance problems, even with the Low Resource AV profile. Wouldn't let other customers load Sage Accounts, a very popular UK accounting software. And the very best one, copying anything to the clipboard on 2003 based servers, by both control+v and right click->copy, would cause the server to crash and restart. We've really lost confidence in the AV.

My manager has been speaking with N-Able support a lot about the issues we've seen and it's still not fixed. To be fair to N-Able their DirectConnect was a massive improvement over VNC :v:

We currently don't use the full potential of N-able, it's mainly for remote desktop access and <100 managed AV clients.

I really don't want to poo poo on N-Able, when DirectConnect works it works great, and there's some sites where AV works fine too... I'm just getting sick of it not working.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Maneki Neko posted:

N-able did do a half assed helpdesk integration with a (terrible) helpdesk product that Solarwinds bought, but yeah, not much else.

Was that Web Help Desk? I was planning on taking a look at that next week, from the 30 minute look I had a couple of months ago it looked a lot better than what we currently use, which is pretty much a glorified shared mailbox.

The company owner has a hard on for using a Microsoft Dynamics package to handle incidents and we're about to take a look at http://alfapeople.com/itsm-dynamics-crm/. To be honest it looks alright, certainly better than what we're currently using.

Does anyone know of any other Dynamics based ITSM prodcuts?
What do you guys use and find good / bad? On my list to check out are:
  • http://freshservice.com/ - Doesn't look like it handles multiple clients well
  • Web Help Desk
  • ZenDesk
  • http://www.sysaid.com/features

• Locked thread