Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I just binged watched the first 3 seasons over the last week. I knew pretty much every spoiler ahead of time and I really don't care if I hear more. I read on wiki about how Ygritte meets her end but are there any spoilers out there to point to HBO going in a different direction with the character? I'm going to be kind of disappointed if the show throws away yet another fan favorite character because GRRM hates the world.

kcroy hit the nail on the head already but she's a fan favorite? Really? I mean, nothing wrong with her as a character but yeah she's not that interesting other than in relation to Jon Snow and what she represents to him. Is it because she gets naked? Or because she has a catchphrase?

So majestic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Traxus IV posted:

kcroy hit the nail on the head already but she's a fan favorite?

To TV show viewers? Gods yes.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Too bad she wasn't a prozzy or it could have been a case of literally Bros before Hoes.

Should be Theon's zombie penis.

You should know better than to edit the GURM's works.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

rypakal posted:

To TV show viewers? Gods yes.

But why? I don't watch the show, what is it about her portrayal that makes her compelling to them?

jbetten
Dec 30, 2009

Traxus IV posted:

But why? I don't watch the show, what is it about her portrayal that makes her compelling to them?

Ginger fever?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Traxus IV posted:

Because she's cute as a button and nerds love warrior girls you loving eunuch.

I could maybe see them using Ygritte in place of Mance's wife since Mance is barely a character so far and his wife is non-existent, but the Dead Ygritte gut punch is too good to pass up.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

unlimited shrimp posted:

I could maybe see them using Ygritte in place of Mance's wife since Mance is barely a character so far and his wife is non-existent, but the Dead Ygritte gut punch is too good to pass up.

I have to wonder if they're even going to do that whole Mance babby plotline.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

IRQ posted:

I have to wonder if they're even going to do that whole Mance babby plotline.

They have pregnant Gilly, right? They have to do something with that... (I'm only on season 2)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Jeffrey posted:

They have pregnant Gilly, right? They have to do something with that... (I'm only on season 2)

I don't remember, probably. I guess you're prob. right.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.
Have they shown the fat pink mast yet?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

IRQ posted:

I don't remember, probably. I guess you're prob. right.

I know they have pregnant gilly, no idea if they just drop her later but she is there in season 2.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

returnh posted:

Have they shown the fat pink mast yet?

It will be at the end of episode 9 and will get most of the season's budget.

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 17, 2014

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now

unlimited shrimp posted:

I don't know what she looks like and you can't cut off what you don't have calm down buddy.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
NO!!!!!!!

e.

:allears:

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 17, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Actually of all the women on the show I think Ygritte's actress gets naked the least. Well her and Lena Hardy because of all the tattoos I guess.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't recall ever seeing Cat's breasts.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I'm disappointed that Septa Mordane didn't have any plot exposition scenes. And what's up with Lady Olenna?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

:allears: aww yiss kissed by fire and by da lords.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

e:phoneposting is hard.

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 18, 2014

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Irish Joe posted:

We did get to see her gash

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Irish Joe posted:

She's nude in the books. I think maybe her tits are out in like episode one? Who cares

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

jsoh posted:

She's nude in the books. I think maybe her tits are out in like episode one? Who cares

Um

Me.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

petrol blue posted:

Post more often also drunkenly fondle some of us maybe.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

And what's up with Lady Olenna?

Besides being a loving fox?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

jsoh posted:

I for one was greatly upset that the show did not hold true to the books detailed description of neds cum dripping when the maester entered their bedchamber.

Hbo cancelled.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Well, that's the next drunken picture concept sorted, then... :ohdear:

Guess Ramsey/Theon are just going to have to wait...

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Ron Jeremy posted:

I for one was greatly upset that the show did not hold true to the books detailed description of neds cum dripping when the maester entered their bedchamber.

Hbo cancelled.

God, that scene was disgusting and somewhat out of character for Ned/Cat in hindsight.

I had managed to block it from my memory considering it's in the first like, 75 pages of book one. Now I remember it in vivid detail. Thanks. Your golden Fat Glistening Mast reward is in the mail.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Damo posted:

God, that scene was disgusting and somewhat out of character for Ned/Cat in hindsight.

Elaborate.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

petrol blue posted:

more plox

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Actually of all the women on the show I think Ygritte's actress gets naked the least. Well her and Lena Hardy because of all the tattoos I guess.

I need me some rum drenched lactating gilly nips

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

rypakal posted:

Elaborate.

When maester luwin delivers lysa's message to cat in her bedchamber, she and ned had just gotten done loving and Gurm never misses an opportunity to graphically describe cum. In this case, it was dripping down her leg. Gurm has her say something like "he delivered my children. It's nothing he hasn't seen before."

E: it occurred to me as I was finishing my coffee that you probably meant elaborate on why it was out of character for cat. Oh well. Cum.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 18, 2014

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Cat is much more of a bombshell in the books than in the show. A lot younger, too.

Same goes for Cersei.

Joramun fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 18, 2014

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Ron Jeremy posted:

When maester luwin delivers lysa's message to cat in her bedchamber, she and ned had just gotten done loving and Gurm never misses an opportunity to graphically describe cum. In this case, it was dripping down her leg. Gurm has her say something like "he delivered my children. It's nothing he hasn't seen before."

E: it occurred to me as I was finishing my coffee that you probably meant elaborate on why it was out of character for cat. Oh well. Cum.

I read that in Roy Dotrice's voice.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Hogge Wild posted:

It will be at the end of episode 9 and will get most of the season's budget.

The only question is: CGI or puppet?

EDIT: Can't wait for the extra content on the season 5 DVDs, "Bringing the fat pink mast to life."

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Damo posted:

Or it's setting the tone for the grimdarkfuckseries that is ASOIAF, whichever.

Also, a married couple with kids having sex and thinking about babies, WHY I NEVER.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

CUm is gross guys, I never touch the stuff myself, furthermore here are some more ways in which I am a huge baby,

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SaviourX posted:

CUm is gross guys, I never touch the stuff myself, furthermore here are some more ways in which I am a huge baby,

Yeah but semen never appears in great literature. :colbert:

Maybe Stephen King novels.

I'm disappointed that wikipedia doesn't have an "in popular culture" section in their semen article and googling "semen" leads to scholarly articles.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Joramun posted:

Cat is much more of a bombshell in the books than in the show. A lot younger, too.

Same goes for Cersei.

In the books it seemed that the wives (Cersi, Cat, Cat's sister) were mid-30s. Cat's oldest was Robb at 14, so she was probably 18-20 when she had him, making her 35 at the latest. Same for Cersi, but likely even younger.

According to the wiki she was 35 when she died, and the actress playing her is 50. Of course, Sansa is still supposed to be 14 in the show and she'll be 22 by the time Baelish takes her as his Cat-replacement.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Does Stoneheart still age? If not, she'll be a sprightly 35 in perpetuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Joramun posted:

Does Stoneheart still age? If not, she'll be a sprightly 35 in perpetuity.

Perpetually the bath tub lady from The Shining.