Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rannos22 posted:

I've never seen a piece of fanart I've wanted to frame and put on my wall until now.

All of the iterations of this are gold. And also the college humor video or whatever that was was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

looks like a fun party

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Productive afternoon:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Saeka we cool homie

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:eyepop:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

oh my god

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tea Bone posted:

Productive afternoon:

These are all brilliant.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Goldmine that poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I thank GRRM for bad fan-art and people who make it good, but mostly, I thank him for the Bad Thread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aurain posted:

I thank GRRM for bad fan-art and people who make it good, but mostly, I thank him for the Bad Thread.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

awesome got fanarts

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

Sorry, here's the correct image:

Here's a cutout Jaime, btw:

http://imgur.com/y1CWyS6

Saeka fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 20, 2014

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
One of my all time favorite Gurm-related artworks is the Serbian AFFC cover:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aurain posted:

I'm sorry, but it's a fact that this is the best ASOIAF fan-art.

I was actually disappointed they didn't pay homage to this in The Bear and the Maiden Fair. I kept waiting for NCW to give Gwendoline Christie the "you comin' or what? :mrgw:" poo poo-eating grin, but it never happened and I have been a sad shell of a man every day since.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

I was actually disappointed they didn't pay homage to this in The Bear and the Maiden Fair. I kept waiting for NCW to give Gwendoline Christie the "you comin' or what? :mrgw:" poo poo-eating grin, but it never happened and I have been a sad shell of a man every day since.

I'm Pretty sure that episode was directed by the fat man so it makes sense that he'd strip away everything we liked about a character and replace it with poo poo--figuratively and literally

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Some set video put out recent spoils that Jaime is on his way to Dorne instead of the Riverlands next TV season. Again, would source, but no one gives a poo poo.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Scuttlebutt is that Bronn is going with him.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Photos have also shown Tyrion sitting with Dany.

And nipples on breastplates.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Klungar posted:

That was fast, I guess that means no Penny :toot:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Did anyone really think Penny was gonna be in the show?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 21, 2014

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

Jaime Lannister sends his regards.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Saeka posted:

holy crap these are amazing. this thread

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Saeka posted:

"HEY! Am I late for the wedd--oh..."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Lycus posted:

Did anyone really think Penny was gonna be in show?

Hopefully this means she'd be gone quickly in the next book if it were to ever get written. Of all the extra poo poo characters in the series she's one of the worst and I'm torn between hoping she kills him, or that his peasant wife/whore shows up somehow, and kills him.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

Klungar posted:

I hope he still joins the Second Sons. It was one of the few parts of the Meereen story I enjoyed.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Klungar posted:

Here is a photo some guy said his parents took on vacation. He didn't specify what country they were in and I don't know from shooting locations.

Looks like Varys though.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

syscall girl posted:

Here is a photo some guy said his parents took on vacation. He didn't specify what country they were in and I don't know from shooting locations.

Looks like Varys though.

I think it's just a bald sparrow.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Scuttlebutt is that Bronn is going with him.

BRONN VS DARKSTAR!

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
looking back it's almost as if Gurm decided to make stormborn.exe for the Essos chapters

>im gay
>seduce all obstacles and npcs
>cast enlarge drogon
>poo poo/piss/cum

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Here is the image I referenced, for people who still care about this series:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Tyrions lighting double rocking a nice beard

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

No Strong Belwas? gently caress you HBO. :colbert:

e: I'm guessing that bottle of water behind Dany isn't visible on camera. Maybe.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Missandei with some excellent posture there.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
OK so I know this is going to sound far-fetched but I have insider information on the next book. First though I need to tell you how I came by it since this is the internet and we're all skeptics here and why believe some dude fat dude like me.

So here's what happened. The other day with my mom's friend Julie I went to party where she knew the people and I didn't. Julie knew a friend of the host, though I'm not sure how exactly, something to do with her ex's pot dealer or something. Who cares. The important thing is at some point I meet this girl named Laura who described herself as "open minded" like a minute after talking with her and like she flipped a switch I'm totally on, 120%. Also she's a project manager at Intel. Anyway we were talking about the usual poo poo and she then asks me if I watch TV, specifically HBO, and I'm all, "it's not TV; it's HBO" and then regretting it because it's not like HBO is paying me to shill for them and only tools quote ads even if only ironically because 90% of ads are already ironic anyway because otherwise nobody would know to buy Mountain Dew right. But Laura laughs because she's vapid and I say "huh?" and anyway then we're talking about Game of Thrones and she's like "when is the next book George???!" and I'm like "there's not going to be a next book" and she laughs and then peeps out a quite "well, actually..." and then pauses. Anyway I'm prodding her for details but she's not giving them up but I keep prodding and nudging and finally she says her cousin works for George himself. "Doing what exactly" I say and she's all "all the stupid poo poo" and anyway next thing we're in somebody's bedroom that is covered in Dead Kennedy posters (like, new ones, not old posters like from the 80s or whatever) making out and then like doing it doggy style though since I'm nearly 300 pounds and she's a petite 100 max it's more like a hippo doing a badger right? And I'm like "say 'do me in the butt'" and she's like "gross, no way!" and I'm like "c'mon, just say it!" and I can tell she's rolling her eyes though I can't see her face and afterwards I'm like "I thought you were open minded?" and she says "huh?" and then says "fine" and I'm like instantly powered on again. But she rolls her eyes again and says "Noooo not that" and then she tells me she'll tell me three things about the next book but only if I promise not to tell anyone. So I say "I promise" still disappointed that she isn't really that open minded and not really all that powered on anymore. A little on though, maybe like 80%. Anyway here are the three things:

1) There most definitely will be a next book and the show will not "pass" the books. The publisher will force a book out. It may be terrible and unedited like the last two but they've got too much $$$ to say "gently caress it".
2) There will be a new POV character named "Vesse" who is from the desert and works for a mysterious man named "Valter Vight". The mysterious man has this new magical drug that is totally taking over the Seven Kingdoms, like 3 out of 10 people are totally addicted to it and it's called "Vlooveth" (not sure about the spelling). Anyway it's totally wrecking havoc and Margery gets addicted and drowns Ophelia-style. Anyway I guess this POV character Vesse is there to show further deterioration of society blah blah.
3) A peculiarly large portion of the book will be devoted to the further humiliation of Cersei (Laura said 75%) though Cersei won't have her own POV and there are a ton of typos, like half the time Cersei's name is written as "Lena" and that her cousin has to keep doing "Find/replace" commands to fix.

Anyway you heard it from me first and also "open minded" doesn't always mean what you think it it means.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

OK so I know this is going to sound far-fetched but I have insider information on the next book. First though I need to tell you how I came by it since this is the internet and we're all skeptics here and why believe some dude fat dude like me.

So here's what happened. The other day with my mom's friend Julie I went to party where she knew the people and I didn't. Julie knew a friend of the host, though I'm not sure how exactly, something to do with her ex's pot dealer or something. Who cares. The important thing is at some point I meet this girl named Laura who described herself as "open minded" like a minute after talking with her and like she flipped a switch I'm totally on, 120%. Also she's a project manager at Intel. Anyway we were talking about the usual poo poo and she then asks me if I watch TV, specifically HBO, and I'm all, "it's not TV; it's HBO" and then regretting it because it's not like HBO is paying me to shill for them and only tools quote ads even if only ironically because 90% of ads are already ironic anyway because otherwise nobody would know to buy Mountain Dew right. But Laura laughs because she's vapid and I say "huh?" and anyway then we're talking about Game of Thrones and she's like "when is the next book George???!" and I'm like "there's not going to be a next book" and she laughs and then peeps out a quite "well, actually..." and then pauses. Anyway I'm prodding her for details but she's not giving them up but I keep prodding and nudging and finally she says her cousin works for George himself. "Doing what exactly" I say and she's all "all the stupid poo poo" and anyway next thing we're in somebody's bedroom that is covered in Dead Kennedy posters (like, new ones, not old posters like from the 80s or whatever) making out and then like doing it doggy style though since I'm nearly 300 pounds and she's a petite 100 max it's more like a hippo doing a badger right? And I'm like "say 'do me in the butt'" and she's like "gross, no way!" and I'm like "c'mon, just say it!" and I can tell she's rolling her eyes though I can't see her face and afterwards I'm like "I thought you were open minded?" and she says "huh?" and then says "fine" and I'm like instantly powered on again. But she rolls her eyes again and says "Noooo not that" and then she tells me she'll tell me three things about the next book but only if I promise not to tell anyone. So I say "I promise" still disappointed that she isn't really that open minded and not really all that powered on anymore. A little on though, maybe like 80%. Anyway here are the three things:

1) There most definitely will be a next book and the show will not "pass" the books. The publisher will force a book out. It may be terrible and unedited like the last two but they've got too much $$$ to say "gently caress it".
2) There will be a new POV character named "Vesse" who is from the desert and works for a mysterious man named "Valter Vight". The mysterious man has this new magical drug that is totally taking over the Seven Kingdoms, like 3 out of 10 people are totally addicted to it and it's called "Vlooveth" (not sure about the spelling). Anyway it's totally wrecking havoc and Margery gets addicted and drowns Ophelia-style. Anyway I guess this POV character Vesse is there to show further deterioration of society blah blah.
3) A peculiarly large portion of the book will be devoted to the further humiliation of Cersei (Laura said 75%) though Cersei won't have her own POV and there are a ton of typos, like half the time Cersei's name is written as "Lena" and that her cousin has to keep doing "Find/replace" commands to fix.

Anyway you heard it from me first and also "open minded" doesn't always mean what you think it it means.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Goondolences on not getting laid :(

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Missandei with some excellent posture there.

Yes. She looks like a marionette at full attention, yet quizzical.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
Wonder if they've ditched Missandei being a CotF or if they are going to say it was a glamour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Wonder if they've ditched Missandei being a CotF or if they are going to say it was a glamour.

Missandei is a child of the forest? huh?