Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
How much is that game up to anyway. Isn't it like hollywood movie levels of millions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
Don't play skyrim without a mod file that's at least twice as large as the base game. With 130 modifications the game goes from _Bad-Vanilla-Boring-Watered-Down-Console-Shit_ to _Just-OK_.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

kill you are self posted:

Don't play skyrim without a mod file that's at least twice as large as the base game. With 130 modifications the game goes from _Bad-Vanilla-Boring-Watered-Down-Console-Shit_ to _Just-OK_.

Worth noting that Morrowind is a great game out of the box, rumor has it that with graphical modification it even looks about as pretty as Oblivion.

Oblivion was the worst of the bunch really, Skyrim isn't as awful it just gets realllllly dull and repetitive after a while.

Someone needs to pick up Bethesda's slack and make a comparable game that actually has exciting combat mechanics, just steal the melee system from Chivalry:Medieval Warfare and you're good to go really, on that note, if some of you want to just hack and slash at other people with variety of big blades and polearms you can't go wrong with Chivalry. There's even fun to be had in that game by just spamming ASOIAF spoilers.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Those games need demons/dark souls combat, and as soon as I realized how good that mashup would be, I no longer had any will to play any of them as they currently are.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Overly technical, punishing combat is not what Elder Scrolls is about. You want Dark Souls, go play Dark Souls. I don't much enjoy Dark Souls, myself, and wouldn't much enjoy Skyrim if it were like that. :shrug:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'm weird, I like games for particular reasons, I know that. It's mostly that I hate morrowind combat and would love games for the world and the quests if I weren't forced into combat so frequently. Just straight removing combat altogether might even be more fun for me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

nine-gear crow posted:

Does that include the optional Sandor Clegane boss fight?

Exclusive DLC for HBO subscribers.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Overly technical, punishing combat is not what Elder Scrolls is about. You want Dark Souls, go play Dark Souls. I don't much enjoy Dark Souls, myself, and wouldn't much enjoy Skyrim if it were like that. :shrug:
More importantly, the slow, methodical combat of Dark Souls wouldn't gel well with a giant open world as it would mean it would take forever to get anywhere over land or through a dungeon. Let alone the lethality of Dark Souls with carefully placed respawn points doesn't mesh with it either.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I wish I could take all the weapons and abilities from Far Cry 3 and use them in Skyrim. That would be a game of games.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

More importantly, the slow, methodical combat of Dark Souls wouldn't gel well with a giant open world as it would mean it would take forever to get anywhere over land or through a dungeon. Let alone the lethality of Dark Souls with carefully placed respawn points doesn't mesh with it either.

I dunno, slow methodical combat seems like a straight upgrade from what I can only call "slow haphazard combat". I'm more talking about swinging a sword feeling like swinging a sword than the relative strength of monsters vs the player. It's dark souls mechanics I want, not dark souls difficulty.

uhh grrm fat gently caress rear end poop etc

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 17, 2014

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Honestly surprised there hasn't been a top to bottom westeros mod for skyrim. There's a couple chumps trying to make one but the chances of that ever getting finished is up there with the next book release.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Exclusive DLC for HBO subscribers.

Wouldn't the HBO DLC just skip everything and toss in the Sandor Boss fight? Like the title screen is a road sign left or right. Left is the books and right is HBO. Clicking HBO skips all the story and cut scenes and BAM you're in a fight with Sandor. The left sign turns the game into a text based adventure game.

With plenty of food descriptions.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Don't ya just hate it when the DLC is so much better than the vanilla game?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Hunky Joe posted:

Wouldn't the HBO DLC just skip everything and toss in the Sandor Boss fight? Like the title screen is a road sign left or right. Left is the books and right is HBO. Clicking HBO skips all the story and cut scenes and BAM you're in a fight with Sandor. The left sign turns the game into a text based adventure game.

With plenty of food descriptions.

To truly represent the impact it'd be more like the DLC would brick your system and then invite attractive, interesting people over to play a Mario Party style remake and one of the girls is thinking about giving you a handy if you would only stop trying to tell everyone what's different between the base game and this other game.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

To truly represent the impact it'd be more like the DLC would brick your system and then invite attractive, interesting people over to play a Mario Party style remake and one of the girls is thinking about giving you a handy if you would only stop trying to tell everyone what's different between the base game and this other game.

So, like Winds of Winter, that handjob is never coming? Nor are you?

Well-played, GRRM.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The handy in this scenario represents the extremely positive story changes enacted by HBO and how we're likely to get more of them if we can tamp down on inevitable book-reader pansies who would give up something as perfect as the Sandor/Brienne fight just because it didn't happen in Ser Comicon's tome of sadness.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Does that include the optional Sandor Clegane boss fight?

No, this is not a fighting simulator. This is why we felt it was important to end the story before saltpans. If you are interested in a fighting simulation game, perhaps we could recommend "Sword Fighting Simulator".

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Georgie's pissed: http://grrm.livejournal.com/396855.html

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GURM posted:

making GBS threads in their smallclothes

:raise:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I read that as "Georgie's passed."

Apparently The Interview was loving garbage anyway.

Also, :lol:, GRRM got major media outlets to actually quote his LiveJournal. In 2014. Holy gently caress.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It's a movie starring Seth Rogen. Of course The Interview is terrible.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Wait wait wait, Ty is writing books now? Managed to get out of the basement eh?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The GRRM is offering to show that movie in his theater. I guess GRRM will die before finishing the books due to assassination by North Koreans rather than assassination by cheese tacos.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

The GRRM is offering to show that movie in his theater. I guess GRRM will die before finishing the books due to assassination by North Koreans rather than assassination by cheese tacos.

Kim jong-un is the valonquar :ohdear:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kellanved posted:

Ty made a deal with the devil when he was 20: ten years under the lash of GRRM, serving his every harrowing want, and then he would be a published author in his own right.

And Satan gets his soul, but that's pittance compared to "the tutelage". :devil:

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kellanved posted:

Who do you think wrote ADWD?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
At a rate of 1 book a year so far (co-authored). About 400 pages of fairly decent space opera each. Sci - Fi channel are doing a tv show...

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Collateral posted:

At a rate of 1 book a year so far (co-authored). About 400 pages of fairly decent space opera each. Sci - Fi channel are doing a tv show...

no poo poo? go ty!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

HEEEEY OOOHHHHHHH

kcroy fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 24, 2014

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Gold hand, FrankenGregor and Myrrhder.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

A Lannister Always Pays Off Their Mastercard At the End of the Month

A lesson we all could learn by!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, I guess I was wrong. The absolute fucker actually did give a date for the new book. Big new on Christmas day after all...:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/398550.html

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Merry Absolute Fuckermas, thread. May your days be shitberried and bright.

Let's all flay open our gifts and feast upon the traditional candied puppy brains.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Santa brought me the newest and sixth book, The Winds of Winter, for Christmas and by that I mean nothing. Like the sixth book, The Winds of Winter, written by noted creep George Rico Renegade Martin, Santa does not exist.

The series is gonna drub him in the funniest way. Happy Christmas, the jolly fat man is a fucker at -273 degrees and he is wanking to his cast in elf outfits.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Grrm 's making a list, he's checki.... yeah, right, he wouldn't even finish writing that

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I still don't understand what everyone's so worked up about in this thread. The Winds of Winter is totally coming.

It's called Game of Thrones Season 6, and it'll be here in 2016, whether GRRM likes it or not.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
No TWOW in my stocking. Skunked again.

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Can "I have other stuff to do. LOTS of other stuff." be the new thread subtitle?

GRRM posted:

We have booked a full run, so THE INTERVIEW will continue to run for two weeks, in rotation with the other films that we had already committed too before this all broke.

Professional writer?

Ross fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I got a wild cards book for Christmas