Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
This one was funny to me:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

kcroy posted:

What the gently caress happens to the group at craster's in the books. are they just not mentioned? I had written them off, but perhaps that was clever misdirection by the grrm?

Coldhands kills them. Since Coldhands is cut, they wrote a new bit for Jon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nope. Supposedly, since Jon escaped back to Castle Black and they've lost their element of surprise, they trying to lure the crows out into the open using village raids. Some are theorizing that the show writers are going to have both sides of the attack happen simultaneously.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Those who post often in TVIV know that they definitely have to make who killed Joffrey as explicit as possible.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Star Platinum posted:

Bran at Craster's is kind of shite and obviously just a ploy for time to delay the tree plot, but the white walker scene was pretty sweet. Felt like it could have been a good prologue chapter to the hypothetical book six.
I think it's an effort to have Bran's group do anything besides walk through the woods until they get to the cave.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Arya going to the Eyrie instead of Braavos sounds way too lame, so I don't think that's happening. Particularly since she has the coin in the show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They are darth maul bumps, but I'm sure their intentionally meant to be reminiscent of a crown. But yeah, HBO mucked up and identified him as the Night's King before they were supposed to.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

A song of frost and combustion.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, that's pretty much it, Sam knew because books. I'm not sure why the show writers didn't want it to be magical.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Ahhh that's right.

Hahaha I just imagined the Wall climbing scene, a tired wildling struggling to reach the top, looks down and sees his bud just walk through the abandoned castle. "GODS DAMMIT"
Wildlings always have trouble with the Wall. Can't ever seem to find the Black Gate.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think more of the actors in the show say "are ya" than "aria". I just popped a look at this season's premiere, the only episode where I know someone says her name, and Jaime definitely says "are ya". I distinctly remember Cat always saying "are ya" too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

CloFan posted:

Is there such a thing as Northoros?
That's where Dany will spend the entirety of Book 8.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought they were already set on finishing everything up in 7 seasons. And there is no way they will do a prequel season. People would stop watching by the droves.
Yeah, I think 7 seasons is currently the tentative plan. 9 seasons sounds more like GRRM's dream.

Feast = S5 and Dance = S6 really doesn't make sense because they've already started both Feast and Dance right now in S4.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 12, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tea Bone posted:

I ask because I think it's going to seem out of place for show Tywin to be sleeping with Shea, he hasn't really shown any interest in sex, especially for someone in a show that's rife with it.
I feel like they'll need a scene with Tywin and Shae to explain that, because yeah, I think it'll seem out of left field in the show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I mean, really, what difference would one year make? If they really wanted to let him catch up, they'd have to have a several years long break and that's absolutely not gonna happen.

The only question in my mind is: is GRRM gonna stay on the writing staff after S5/S6 and give them much more detailed info about what he plans to write, or is he gonna peace out and leave them to use whatever notes he gave them to mostly craft the story on their own?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Momentum. If the show goes off the air, people will find something else to watch on Sunday and then they might or might not come back when the show's back on.

Plus the general public, as a whole, as the memory of a goldfish.

Edit: Also the thing about the actors loving off.
"What difference what one year make?" in terms of GRRM's writing, not in terms of TV production. We're in agreement.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

SaviourX posted:

Show is inferior because they had a chance to show a roasted boy/girl in gruesome detail and they didn't. What a loving weak show for pussy babbies. Not to mention it stuns Kelly into realizing that oh wait she has 3 terrifying monsters she can't control at all.
Or it's a later scene.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kcroy posted:

5) Sansa: Moon door ( could happen sooner )
This is definitely happening in the next episode.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

visceril posted:

Edit 2: we aren't gonna see ToJ through Treevision because there are no wierwoods in the south and it's been that way long before Rhaegar was even born. There's that one island but I think since the trees don't have eyes carved into them bran can't see through them
I'm not saying that I think we'll see Tower of Joy, but that doesn't seem to be a limitation in the show's version of Bran's power. When show-Bran touched the tree, there were scenes like Ned in the black cell and the snowy throne room vision.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

A "Tywin shits gold" line was dropped this season in a Jaime/Bronn scene.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ghostsauce posted:

You guys are naive as hell if you think HBO isn't going to ghostwrite the ending themselves and Gurm can either play ball or step aside.
I think most people have come to terms with that. If there's anybody left that sincerely thinks that HBO is gonna have a hiatus or backstory seasons to wait for him, they're being a silly person and will probably come around eventually.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm surprised they went with "Maybe they're going to the Vale. Let's go there." instead of "Let's search for more info about this 'Brotherhood' and try to find them." Seems like a more reasonable next step in their investigation while also being a more direct route to Zombie Cat.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 20, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I never really noticed his accent, but in the recent episode, my attention was constantly drawn to his mouth and how he frequently talks out of one side.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

visceril posted:

Kinda weird they don't mention Arianne or Myrcella.
Well, unless they plan on recasting her, Myrcella doesn't need to be on that list.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Instead of her going aaall the way back, I think I prefer that theory that has her ship getting sunk and her captured by Stannis right now, and so maybe Stannis tells her next season that her dad's dead and his brother made himself king.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I figured that Sandor identifies with Sansa being powerlessly abused like he was abused by his brother.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think Tyrion would actually kill Jaime if he saw him again, he was very emotional when he said that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kcroy posted:

but she totally deserved it?

he better loving strangle her, and it better be using the necklace of the hand motherfucker.
Of course, it's a pin now. I guess he could stab her a lot of times with the pin.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

At least I can experience non-spoiled watching vicariously through my friends and sister.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's not the show's first instance of unrealistic violence, though. Even if you dislike them, scenes like have been part of the show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

To be fair about the dress, it is a mourning dress. Littlefinger was in black too. I'm not expecting her to always dress like an evil sorceress in all her future scenes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's gonna be tearful, watch.

"Come on, get it over with. I'm on your list, right?"
"I didn't say your name last night! :cry:"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

He wasn't a prisoner. He was just under guard in his normal room, I think. After the trial, he got sent to the cells.
I think he was in a normal cell, even in the book. After the trial, he goes to the black cells.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Aurain posted:

and they know Sansa Stark is there
Those three Vale lords know Sansa Stark is there. The Bloody Gate guards, probably not.

I suppose it's possible that after her laugh, they don't believe them and tell them to gently caress off.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 3, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jaime.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I still think Grey Worm's getting skewered by the Sons of the Harpy, and that's why they're developing him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kcroy posted:

man are you sure? that doesn't look like him. I feel like its from some pirate movie or something.

Yeah, it's Season 1 Jaime.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I admit that I am a little bit distracted by the entire Meereenese nobility wearing the same two colors.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

MarksMan posted:

Which book would the current episodes fall under?

Also, I'm not reading anything else in this thread except the reply, because I already caught an f'ing spoiler

King's Landing, the Wall, Arya & the Hound: Book 3
Brienne & Pod: Book 4
Bran, Danaerys, Theon: Book 5
Sansa: basically beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jeffrey posted:

Sansa is pretty much in book 4, or at least there's book 4 stuff that needs to be introduced. The heir dude, killing robin, etc, unless they're just going to have her marry robin.
Heir dude: Might be cut. Revealing Sansa's identity was part of that and that has already happened. And yeah, they might just have her marry Robin.
Killing Robin: Hasn't happened in the books yet. Just some build-up.