Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

You spent way to long on a really terrible troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

And Lommy's hands weren't but green. 'Lommy "no physically distinguishing traits in regards to the color of his" hands' is how he should have appeared in the credits.

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

I got the same info from that scene as well. It seems strangely heavy-handed for Martin though. I expected something a bit more subtle.

Let's pretend that we haven't had 10 years to pick apart every word in the books though. I only registered that something weird might be going on with Jon's parents years after I first read the series. And that's only because I've read it more than once.

Assuming you don't ever hear of or read the books until after A Dream of Spring (yeah, yeah, it's never coming out. I know.) is released, that plotline would be huge. 7 books in, and the guy whos supposed to be the guy from the first books son is actually not his son but his nephew, instead being the secret bastard son of the once prince and raised in secret his entire life by his uncle pretending to be his dad. :psyboom:

But instead, we have had a decade to figure that out on our own. So no matter how amazing the eventual reveal is, it will seem blatantly obvious and 20 years too late to most of us.

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

The amount of bitching might make them try and avoid it though.

But that's not how it happened in the books!
:goonsay:

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

I just get depressed whenever I think about WoW. The only chapters in it currently are transplants from DwD, which was a stupidly boring book. So I can only assume the chapters he took out were the worst of the worst, in a vain hope of making DwD just a bit less boring.

And from his blog, it's clear that he's doing gently caress-all writing right now. I'm sure his thought process is "Finally got that book out, I deserve a break". That break is going to last 5 years. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scissors
Mar 22, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

Do they make any attempt to hide the fact it's Barristan?

Doesn't he beat the poo poo into three dudes in the book? Killing a scorpion, WTF?

I was there too, and no... He's introduced pretty much right away. And there was no Belwas.

Also a quote from his speech:

"There's a horny 17-year old in me" -GRRM