Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't know why everyone is talking about this. We all know the series will be cancelled after season three with the last episode being the Red Wedding. And who knows, maybe 2 years from now GRRM may be almost done with 3 1/2 chapters of WoW. Which were held over from DWD obviously, but at least completed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ross posted:

What is this you speak of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Potooweet posted:

Jamie has to stay alive long enough to strangle Cersei just to fake us out for thinking that the prophesy is an obvious fake out.

Wouldn't the obvious fake out be Jamie? Therefore to fake us out of the fake out he would have to use some one besides Tyrion or Jamie thats a younger brother. Like Sandor. Or Zombie Lommy. Did Lommy have a brother? Well he should be a zombie anyways. And strangle Cersei. And marry Cat and have zombie babies that fight the Others with the power of needing to be carried.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The hell is going on?! I've been away for a few months and all of a sudden there is A Game of Bones by T.B. Thread?! And here I thought all I was missing was lemon cake jokes and messing with the TVIV threads...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'll complete the set by announcing that the Black Hawks of Chicago not only have the best uniforms but are also hands down the best team this season. Gonna make Frey Pie's out of the rest of the west and turn their attention to the sweet summer children of the Eastern Conference. Hell even their motto fits in with grrm's writing: Cold Steel on Ice.

Shageletic posted:

Yeah, its what Film Crit Hulk gets into (once you get past all the capitalization) on his review of the books. The whole drat saga is a perpetual witch-hunt by an author for ways to gently caress with his audience, intrinsic worth or entertainment be damned.

And then he figured out the best way to gently caress with them was just to stop writing the books. Say what you want, but that Absolute Fucker is also an Absolute Genius.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This still brings a smile to my face. Oldie but a goodie.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Once Karl Dracko died in Khaleesi's storyline it sucked. Khaleesi is still a good character though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why did the weird complicated metal necklace/underwear things ever go out of style? Cause she rocked those things.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

On top AND on the bottom?!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Honestly, I understand not wanting to read the books. Why bother? The show will have an ending, the books will not. Also with the show they can avoid grrm as much as possible. Not to mention they will never have to see Arya touch dong.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Might I suggest:

A Song of Ice and Fire: Novelization of HBO's hit show Game of Thrones

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Took them long enough. You'd think the Red Wedding would have been the best time to do that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fake spoilers would sound more realistic than anything from the last two books. The Mountain becomes a Frankenstein monster, Tommen gets a cat, Dany shits all over herself, Jon dies...sort of...maybe...probably not, Manderly eats Frey.

Edit:
Catelyn becomes a zombie.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 10, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hurray! My idea is the new title! Pretty much.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, "Darkstar fails to kill a kid" would be an awesome spoiler.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Reading ASoIaF as it is written would lead even the most well balanced and kindhearted individual to absolutely despise and loathe all of mankind. If Mr. Rogers had read it he would have burned down a school and spent his twilight years teaching kids that there is no hope or future and that giving up is the only thing that makes sense in this cold, unforgiving, unfeeling, dead-souled world.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I actually find the show pretty dull and haven't bothered watching it since the dvds for season two came out. At least half the cast is just really bland and the stuff which is enjoyable, there isn't a terrible lot of just because of how many storylines they need to showcase per episode.

When the show first started I was hoping each episode would focus on just one character the whole time and it would flip flop like that through the whole series. Then I thought of how horrible an hour long Dany episode would have been.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't get over the MedAlert bracelet macheting its way into his porcine arm.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can't wait for this season to be over because we are going to have at least one solid season of wheel spinning that everyone will have to suffer through.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

TVIV theory: The fool (What's his name, used to be a knight) poisoned Joffrey so he could have Sansa to himself. :bravo:

Well they're almost right. Not the worst theory. Can't wait for some one to suggest Shae or Tywin.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just want TV watchers to come in here to try and spoil us on the books as the series progresses. I don't know about anyone else, but after all these years of waiting for the damned books to be finished I look forward to any confirmed spoilers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Daktari posted:

So, why are you guys not sperging out about the Night's King reveal done by HBO?

Oh we did. I believe there were a few Darth Maul jokes and maybe one about rape or lemoncakes. Bookreaders embrace new material you see.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lycus posted:

They are darth maul bumps, but I'm sure their intentionally meant to be reminiscent of a crown. But yeah, HBO mucked up and identified him as the Night's King before they were supposed to.

So assuming he is the Night's King, does that mean he changed the first 12 Lord Commanders after the fact? Thats weird or I missed something.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Statecraft and the Seats of Power!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tea Bone posted:

I have a question. Why did we start referring to GRRM as GURM? I've only ever seen that abbreviation made in the bad thread(s) so I assume it stemmed from something in one of the early iterations of these threads.

Try pronouncing GRRM.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Wire stuff was amazing. Everytime I see or hear "milk of the poppy" now I chuckle a little.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Toyota Yaris Greyjoy. To keep the show watchers confusing her with Arya, if I remember right.

Producer 1: "Hmmmm, Osha and Asha soumd a lot alike....maybe we should change it so we don't confuse people."

Producer 2: "How about Yara? No other character has a name evwn remotely similar to that!"

Audience: "We never see Theon's sister. Also where is that one girl that had the other kid and dog? Oh well!!! Can't wait to see more of Kelly C and Sersee!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its been a while since I bitched about the show changing which side of Sandor's face is burned so I'm gonna do that. Why the gently caress? Its such an odd thing to change.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aurain posted:

No, you see your honour, she enjoyed it so it wasn't rape at all!
:goonsay:

*remains stoney faced and just points to the short skirt marked as item 1

Judge: Not guilty!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its the opposite side than what was described in the books. My guess is they just didn't care or its the actor's good side or something.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tea Bone posted:

If anybody wants to suggest a royalty free track this would work with I'll happily upload that.

You can never go wrong with "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Ser that Purrs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

eh, can't make a beard under :goonsay: apparently...

edit

:goonsay:
\\\\\\\\\\\

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 12, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought they were already set on finishing everything up in 7 seasons. And there is no way they will do a prequel season. People would stop watching by the droves.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thwy won't split them apart, but they could stretch the hell out of the two books to two seasons. They won't though because HBO likes money and acclaim and they have the ending already.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I guess you can watch the last few seasons with subtitles and it will be sort of like finishing the books.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm honestly thrilled that there is a very real possibilty that with in 4 years I will have a conclusion to this srory in some professional form. Thats less time than I've waited between Tyrion chapters at one point!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thats better than anything we're gonna get! Lets run with it!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blind Sally posted:

This is god drat amazing and anyone who thinks otherwise can

I forgot about that gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It was a consequence of her accomplishments. There, now both of you are happy. Can we please stop talking about stupid boring books and get back to poo poo dicks and wet calendars please?