Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

These threads are highly entertaining lately almost as good as reading the books which I just finished for the first time. Oh and I read all the spoilers in the bad thread 4 and they didn't ruin the books for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

everything will be worth it if they don't cock up the tower of joy scene and make it all about lyanna

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

She looked like a loving blind person when she wouldn't look at Jorah. That was the least intimidating get the gently caress out speech.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

That sweet Hound Brienne fight.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gf just finished 5th book someone link most mind blowing conspiracies, tia.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jaqen reveal best gently caress you to GRRM ever.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lmao if you think that was Lena Heady

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I want to be hype for the tower of joy fight but then I remember the sand snake fight. :smith:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ramsay Sue strikes again!

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Varys merman confirmed?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

This is way too coherent to be actual spoilers. Like that might be good, even.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Ultimates2 posted:

Why couldn’t Jon just come back after the Unsullied sailed away? And where did Drogon go?

Drogon died on his way back to his home planet.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I just re-read AGOT and whoever said Ned hosed up by not sending Loras to hunt down the Mountain was on the nose. Renly would never had fled when Robert died and then he would have never needed Little Finger.

On to clash since I still haven't washed the show poo from my brain. I've had to stop and dedicate time to reimagining the characters as they are in the books rather than the show and that poo poo is hard.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

chaosapiant posted:

Edit for even more words: Has there ever been any "proof" that Jaquen is not Syrio Forel? I'll always believe they are one and the same. Even if Georgie Boy says "they are different people" he'd not be lying because technically both Jaquen and Syrio are "no one".

Meryn Trant being alive after their fight?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

How do y'all feel about grrm word for word repetition? i've noticed it a lot more on my re-read since you now it's not all spaced out.

also i bought fire and blood what is wrong with me?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not true, it ended by making GBS threads all over everything too.

it is known.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I finished reading Dunk and Egg and I don't care if the fat gently caress ever finishes asoiaf. Just write more Dunk and Egg. I feel like 150~ pages short stories are poo poo grrm can actually get done.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

yeah i didn't realize the last one came out in 2010. I thought it was all in 2015 with the Knight of the Seven Kingdoms collection. I'm reading Fire and Blood and it's pretty mediocre. Is there anything particularly cool in here or should I move on from the Westeros kick I've been on?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

"i have very fixed ideas" says large man who has not written any of these ideas down into what one could call a book

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

A Typical Goon posted:

I'll throw in a hot take and say that after my series re-read I'm of the opinion Dance is the second best book and maybe even the best

It's a shame about the dr Seuss 'the more she drank the more she poo poo' line cause outside of that the Dany chapters are actually really loving good

Yeah after my re-read I can agree with second for Dance. Clash is still at one for me though.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I’m getting so mad at how Rhaenyra lost 5 loving dragons in one night. Like all she had to do was mount up her dragon burn some poo poo and have the other dragons set loose inside the dragon pit so they could fight back easily. Like even without her leave why didn’t the dragon keepers release their chains???

I’m really attached to these dragons. Targ’s are dumb as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Can HBO make that decision. Sub-licensing seems like it would involve GRRM too. but yeah that’s a very tiny amount of money.