Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr E posted:

This is like a month old but this is really incredible.

That is a good read. It's well written and clearly explains the problem and the solution to it.

I never really noticed the stuttering problem which happened occasionally a couple years back on OSX as I figured that it was from the original hardware not quite keeping up which otherwise played smooth as butter at 1080p.

It is a bit weird that there were that many noticeable users raging about the issue given it is not a commercial product developed by volunteers. You would think they would positively encourage people instead of crying about their pet game. I imagine Dolphin would be a lot further along with out those angry people.

My stand is that if it worked, it worked, otherwise I guess I can wait a couple years for them to catch up or just buy the real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mega64 posted:

You're not familiar with this internet thing, are you?

Well yes, they are still hosed in the head all the same.

As for those 3 games, tough poo poo. Glad they sorted it out but being a oval office deserves a slap in the face.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

honestly i'm more confounded at the notion that someone would be willing to put their efforts into a passion project that they strictly can't make money from. i'm not nearly that charitable. i appreciate their work, but at the same time i don't understand why they do it.

Why climb a mountain? Why have a hobby or play sports?

It's the sense of self satisfaction and leaving your mark no matter how small on the world, so you can say you mattered. Maybe they want to stretch their muscles and the end product is something useful for others. Or they could be pathologically driven and this is their outlet. I am 100% that you have taking pride from a job well done.

Why do I volunteer my time to be a president of a Badminton club? I like making people happy and it's good to build leadership skills which helps you better understand people whether it be to form closer relationships or to manipulate others better.

Plenty of reasons to do something like this.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mega64 posted:

I can’t believe it took you nine months to come up with that.

They couldn't abort the idea so they carried it to term.

• Locked thread