Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is that enzo/mc12 shot car to car?
Did it get published anywhere with that post??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cars are rad

IMG_9967s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_0078s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_0064s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_0049s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thanks dudes. Shooting wide motorsport pans is hard and also fun.

IMG_0651s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

8mm on a 7D.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sunday Punch posted:

More motorsport, working on my panning.

600hp GT-R, the acceleration out of the corners was unbelievable for a street car.

This 260 caught on fire, too bad it was on the other side of a hill from me at the time :(

Round 1 of the WA Drift series is in November, I can't wait.

Properly awesome man! Love seeing you progress! It's literally impossible to shoot super slow pans at like a 3/4 angle because of movement which is a shame.

For Ash Willis by AshBurrows, on Flickr

I still love wide stupid pans :)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nice one man. I've always wanted to shoot rally.
I just uploaded a whole new set on my flickr if anyone fancies a look.
Examples:

IMG_0461s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_0524s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_0657s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_0490s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_0061s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

Missed focus on a couple but thought they were worth keeping in due to content :(

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

JuanChai posted:

zDSC_8530 by R-W-P, on Flickr

These are awesome. Especially the viper shots.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wrote a substantial report that contains about 150 pictures. I'd appreciate it if you guys could check it out and give me your thoughts: http://www.driftworks.com/2011/10/bdc-final-2011-nissan-washington-reportgallery/

IMG_2429s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_2380s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_2717s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

IMG_2835s by AshBurrows, on Flickr

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BobTheCow posted:

I'm not up on motorsports at all, but here are my thoughts from a photography/design perspective.

I want to see all the photos processed in the same style. It's jarring to see "normal" color, B+W, and that desaturated look all included together willy nilly. There are so many interesting color combinations to play with, I'm not convinced removing that aspect adds anything at all.

Also, your cleaner shots are SO much stronger than the ones where you can see the barrier you're shooting over. More isn't always better. I'd much prefer to see a handful of strong, clean images than 100+ mediocre shots with real gold interspersed throughout (of which you do have some, don't get me wrong).

Now I know the guys involved in the racing probably love seeing every shot that's up there, but from a strictly photography perspective, I'd consider maybe making a personal blog post with just the strongest standalone images. At least that's how I'd separate the two audiences.

JuanChai posted:

A5H that animated GIF with the girls and the guy with the sunglasses is hilarious! I really like your photos, I'd love to be able to cover an event(s) like that. Your PPro is good as well, subtle but appropriate but I do agree with the comment that someone made that it might be better to have fewer photos but in the same style in one report/blog post or whatever. Keep up the great work!

EDIT: I forgot to add, I agree that the photos without the foreground stuff (cones/barriers etc.) look much better too.

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it!
I agree that I could thin things out somewhere, but for driftworks I'm expected to show an entire day's worth of shots etc. It's more reporting than photography in that sense. I think maybe taking the best and making a little site is a great idea though.

I'll do all my shots with the same processing next time. I just get excited and click all the buttons quite often :(

Thanks again guys, it's given me some nice things to work at!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahaha scooter racing?! That's the best thing!
Nice shots too!

Here is a bike I shot at 180mph for some content:

180 by AshBurrows, on Flickr

Probably my favourite ever pan.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sevn posted:

Trying to push my limits in panning, otherwise I am getting a little bored with it.

DSC_2437 by DarSevn, on Flickr

This is 1/30s @155mm, f20.

Not sure how that lens performs at f20 and I have better pictures from the race, this is just the only one I edited, so far.

You're not pushing until you're into single digit pans :colbert:

Very nice shot though, if a touch over exposed on the helmet?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They're freaking awesome. Love it dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Buy 3 70-200 thermos flasks.
Take 3 friends.
Very carefully put the real lens at the bottom and fill the other 3 with enough liquid to match the weight.
When they have a look and check one or 2 you are away.
The perfect crime.