Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

In the process of uploading a ton of pictures from Auto24 Rally Estonia 2011.
Biggest rally event of the year in the Baltic states, totally worth the ~3 hour drive, 30 minutes of walking to a stage and then waiting 60 at the side of a track to see a glimpse of a car for a few seconds, once a minute. :)
e: here goes - the whole set, if anyone's interested. Almost 600 photos.

Don't get a Civic Type-R if you like jumping, they don't tend to land very well, almost always on the front.

Lovely sun.

I think this was the second-longest jump, around 32 meters.

Thanks for the flash, buddy!

Sparks!

Where'd the car go?

Is that... ?

Almost rolled, but somehow managed to get back on four wheels.

Name's Honda but drives a Subaru. :downs:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X :fap:

And a pair of oldies to finish it off.

I hope you guys don't mind so many pictures in-thread.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Some pictures of a local rally, this time taking place in the middle of Estonia, near Viljandi. There were even 3 trucks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k4ksp74Wcs and here's a video of some crashes from the same place the last photo is from. Unfortunately (for me), I wasn't there on the first "lap" and no crashes happened on the second "lap".

Full set here on Flickr.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Finally a rally event this weekend, the beginning of the Estonian season. Vőru Winter Rally in Southern Estonia. Picked out some of the better shots, but the whole big set is here in case anyone wants to see.

And I got to say that finally shooting with an auto-focus lens is a lot more convenient. I was afraid that the focusing wouldn't be quick enough but the nifty-fifty did a great job for ~95% of the shots.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Went to see Rally Estonia - the biggest event in the Baltics - on Friday and Saturday, great stuff. It rained a ton but I kept myself and my camera under a raincoat and it seems that we've survived.

That Lancia is a beaut.

Some pretty crazy jumps, sadly heads in the crowd or photographers near the track kind of ruined a lot of shots. I really should work on getting one of those media passes one day so I could risk my life even more get closer to the track.

Lot of rocks and dirt flying around, luckily few made it near the spectators and they didn't have much motion left once they got that far.
Link to the whole set.