Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

FlyinPingu posted:

God damned power armor!!

Ugh yes everything about this so much. I really hope one of these updates power armor gets a go over because I love the idea of it but my god everything barely works together at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

FlyinPingu posted:

Power Armor stuff

You left out Concussor Beam, which is the worthwhile hand slot power. Really the big issue with Power Armor is, I think, not the fact that they have such dumb rules regarding what takes up which slot, but how lovely most of the powers are.

You can charge Chest Beam up when you've got minigun and concussor beam going, but it costs so much end you're unlikely to get a full charge off. The bread/butter for most players is going to be micro munitions, minigun, and concussor beam regardless of situation, because those three are awesome.

Any situation where I could have used Chest Beam on my PA character, I used Orbital Cannon instead and used the warmup time to cycle on micro munitions, minigun, and concussor beam to greater effect. It's also pretty kickass looking.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

FlyinPingu posted:

Despite using two different slots, you cannot use chest beam with any of the hand slot powers, as chest beam is a charge power.

This is not true. I use Concussion Beams while charging Chest Beam pretty much whenever I use Concussion Beams (which is almost always). I actually don't use Micro Munitions. It's a solid power, I just don't have much use for it. My rotation generally consists of building up to a full energy bar, charging Orbital Canon, build it back up to full, Concussion Beams w/ Charging Chest Beam. Generally a full blast chest beam hits right after the orbital canon does, giving a nice chunk of spike damage.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 15, 2011

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yeah. For all the flak Power Armor gets for having a completely lovely energy builder and the most obtuse in-set synergy structure in the game, when it works it really works.

Prior to the Gadgeteering pass, Targeting Computer paired with Force Sheath would restore ~60% of your endurance bar per tick, as well, so you could practically blast forever (until you lost your target lock).

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Ah sorry, I just kind of figured that concussor wouldn't work with chest beam as power gauntlet doesn't (it should.) I assume the energy builder thing works then as well?

With my PA character I tend to use Shoulder Launcher, Mini Gun/Micro, then pretty much nothing but Mini Gun and Chestbeam if whatever I'm attacking is still standing. Sometimes I also cheese my way into using Shoulder Launcher and Mini Gun at the same time, but that only works around half of the time I try it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

doomfunk posted:

You left out Concussor Beam, which is the worthwhile hand slot power. Really the big issue with Power Armor is, I think, not the fact that they have such dumb rules regarding what takes up which slot, but how lovely most of the powers are.

You can charge Chest Beam up when you've got minigun and concussor beam going, but it costs so much end you're unlikely to get a full charge off. The bread/butter for most players is going to be micro munitions, minigun, and concussor beam regardless of situation, because those three are awesome.

Any situation where I could have used Chest Beam on my PA character, I used Orbital Cannon instead and used the warmup time to cycle on micro munitions, minigun, and concussor beam to greater effect. It's also pretty kickass looking.
Yeah. This is the real problem with Power Armor: you're intended to be using a power from multiple slots simultaneously, and using powers from every slot when you want to alpha down some big enemy. In theory this isn't that bad! In practice however, the result is that each power does somewhat poor damage on its own, since they get a penalty to damage due to being able to be stacked (and Eye Beams gets an extra massive hit due to having no energy cost). Actually using every possible toggle eliminates your energy in seconds unless you do a very careful build. The Slot system works out poorly because all the "good" powers are stacked onto a single slot. And of course, if you have any non-toggle attacks, and even PA itself has Chest Beam and Beam Sword, it means you have to cancel all your toggles to actually activate them.

The set "works", in that you can build a PA character that's incredibly effective, but it's just awkward in every respect and meshes poorly with non-toggle powers even in its own set, let alone others. I've tried for months to try and get a satisfying build going but it's really just impossible, and really it's probably safe to consider the set a failure as an experiment and hope Cryptic revamps it. :sigh:

And yeah, the energy builder advantage is absolutely worthless. It it worked more like the one Sparkstorm has, where it didn't interfere with other power usage (or at least, non-hand-slot power usage), that'd be one thing. But having to deactivate your energy builder to use another power in exchange for constant middling damage is not an "advantage".

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Work in progress to go with the theme: My Little Grimlock

Is it possible to get a more chrome-like finish?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay, fess up. Which one of you is this?

delfin posted:

Is it possible to get a more chrome-like finish?

Try the greys that are closer to white.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
So I just picked this game up Free-to-Play a few days ago, and I'm really having a blast. I'm playing as the Behemoth archetype, which seems to be one of the better solo archetypes. (My initial attempts to solo as an Inferno archetype did not work out so well.)

And god drat if I cannot stop playing dress-up. Just when I think I've seen everything in the character creator, there are whole pull-downs I didn't even notice.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Behemoths are definitely one of the better archetypes. Might in general is an amazingly fun set, and it gets one of the better solo defense passives (Defiance, which not only makes you tough as nails but grants energy when you're hit) and the most fun power in the game (Roomsweeper) early in. Inferno isn't bad, but the energy sets in general are somewhat squishy; manageable if you know what you're doing, but trickier for a newbie.

And yeah, that's a big failing with the costume creator UI. The drop downs at the top of each category aren't immediately obvious, and there's some categories that don't appear at all unless certain other categories are set (such as Bracers not showing up unless you have Hands/Short Gloves set already, for example).

Asimo fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 16, 2011

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Roomsweeper is amazing, but I think Mighty Leap is my current favorite power (at level 14). Being able to dash between dudes quickly, stun them, and knock their buddies away (I got the upgrade that does that) is really fun.

Also, I did some Hero Games for the first time today. My take away: Behemoths are useless in Cage Matches and awesome in Zombie Apocalypse. I'm debating whether I'll be doing enough PVP to make the "Pinned to the Ground" advantage worth it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

Roomsweeper is amazing, but I think Mighty Leap is my current favorite power (at level 14). Being able to dash between dudes quickly, stun them, and knock their buddies away (I got the upgrade that does that) is really fun.
Wait until you get Roomsweeper to rank 3, and then go pick on some group of mooks lower level than you. :allears: But yeah, the charge attack is hilarious too. Might's a bit heavy on knockback for a melee set, but most of the powers that do that much knockback either cripple or kill minions they hit, so it's not like it matters.

quote:

Also, I did some Hero Games for the first time today. My take away: Behemoths are useless in Cage Matches and awesome in Zombie Apocalypse. I'm debating whether I'll be doing enough PVP to make the "Pinned to the Ground" advantage worth it.
I don't PVP and probably never will, but you definitely want Crippling Challenge for both PVP and PVE. Whether you toss it on Mighty Leap or Defensive Combo's a matter of preference, anyway. While it's a taunt, if you're solo it's not like this matters, but it breaks through and temporarily disables blocking (not a big deal in PVE even if there's a handful of enemies that do it, but of obvious PVP use) and also drops a 20% damage debuff on the target. Since Defiance can hit 75% damage resistance at max stacks, this gives an even crazier amount of reduction. Definitely worth the three points, just be careful with whatever attack it was in late-game PVE grouping if you aren't the designated tank.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Asimo posted:

I don't PVP and probably never will, but you definitely want Crippling Challenge for both PVP and PVE. Whether you toss it on Mighty Leap or Defensive Combo's a matter of preference, anyway. While it's a taunt, if you're solo it's not like this matters, but it breaks through and temporarily disables blocking (not a big deal in PVE even if there's a handful of enemies that do it, but of obvious PVP use) and also drops a 20% damage debuff on the target. Since Defiance can hit 75% damage resistance at max stacks, this gives an even crazier amount of reduction. Definitely worth the three points, just be careful with whatever attack it was in late-game PVE grouping if you aren't the designated tank.

Oh wow. I clearly didn't read the description closely enough. I just saw "Draws more aggro" and said "Well, I'm mostly playing solo, so no need for this! :v:" Definitely gonna pick it up.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm unsure if Challenging Strikes' debuff (the AoE version; extra threat, no taunt, -5% damage) stacks atop that or not, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can chime in there. But yeah, Cryptic really went out of their way to make it easy to do a tank, even if you really have to spec for it to actually hold aggro over some of the damage monsters freeform chargen can spit out.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

It does. Challenging Strikes and Crippling Challenge are awesome.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Blood Moon devices and YOU!

If you log in to play today or tomorrow, you may notice that Millennium City has dark skies(*), a big red moon and zombies in the streets. Do not adjust your set. This is a monthly event known as Blood Moon, in which Takofanes the Lich Lord raises thirteen undead heroes from the dead to tear poo poo up.

There are a lot of components to Blood Moon, several of which are PvP, all of which can be read about here:

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Blood_Moon

However, for Joe Average, the most interesting part will be the devices that the Undead Hero bosses drop. The bosses appear at set locations around the city, respawn 30 minutes after they're killed off, and have a small (under 5%) chance of dropping a special device mimicking one of their powers. Unlike most devices, these are infinite-use (no charges) and have a short recharge period (typically 2-3 minutes between uses), making many of them very very useful. Also, you do not have to be the high scorer to have a shot at a device -- you can literally fly in, hit the boss once and have a chance at a boss device drop.

Boss Map

The devices, in roughly descending order of desirability:

* Supernatural Possession (Goblin).
Mimics Crippling Coils (paralyzes target). More importantly, even on a tap, it heals you and nearby friends for nine pulses of about 300 each. A _really_ useful heal for Archetypes and other characters who don't have reliable heal powers. Heavily farmed. Scales with level.

* Nimbus of Force (Nimbus).
15-second force field on you and up to 10 nearby friends, absorbs up to 3300 damage. Obviously useful for everyone. Very very heavily farmed. Scales with level.

* Fists of Compliance (Johnny Hercules).
Mimics Shockwave (ground-pound for cone damage and snare). Also has a knock-to effect. About 3K+ damage if fully maintained. Scales with level.

* Archer's Memory (Vanguard).
Mimics Storm of Arrows (maintain AoE piercing damage). 10 second maximum maintain, roots you when used, but can cause quite a bit of damage to anything in its path. Scales with level.

* Radion's Revenge (Radion).
Point-blank AoE, does about 300-400 in five pulses, also debuffs enemies for -10% resistance against all damage types. Scales with level.

* Center of Gravity (Crusher).
Mimics Havoc Stomp (point-blank AoE) and applies knockto. Does about 2K damage and gathers small fries around you. Scales with level.

* Hacked Orbital Cannon Codes (Flechette II).
Mimics Orbital Cannon. Calls down a blast from the sky of particle damage with a lengthy charge-up (a few seconds). Looks really nasty and can do good damage if they don't move. Five-minute cooldown. Scales with level (cannon level is your level + 6).

* Coward's Lament (Shadowboxer).
Telekinetic knock-to, does about 2K damage in one wave. Scales with level.

* Revenant of Firefight (Firefight).
Creates a flaming pet that spits flames at enemies, pet level = your level + 6. Sounds awesome, right? Yes, but he only sticks around for 20 seconds. Still, a nice distraction when you need it.

* Will of the Tiger Cub (Tiger).
Slashing attack for about 1.2K, plus Shredded and Bleeding applied. Short recharge (1M). Scales with level.

* Amazing Grace (Amazing Grace).
Grants an acrobatics bonus for 15 seconds (run and jump speed and height). Somewhat pointless except that it ALSO grants +20% Dodge for 15 seconds, which is handy if you're a Lightning Reflexes dodge type and a boost puts you into God Mode briefly. DOES NOT scale with level, so if you can get one with a low requirement you can use it at full strength when grinding.

* Revenancy (Eclipse).
Applies hold to target and nearby enemies, chance to apply Fear, grants a minor heal when used. Nothing special. Scales with level.

* Eroded Shard (Vigil).
Blows a wind at enemies and knocks them back.

Yeah, that's it.

Once an Undead Hero has been beaten, you can enter his/her crypt and try to free the hero's soul, in return for a piece of their action figure. But who gives a rat's rear end about that? Go forth and collect toys!

* - In some instances. Hilariously, there are clear blue skies in a lot of Blood Moon instances this time.

delfin fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 8, 2011

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
The thing about the Centre of Gravity device is that it's like Havoc Stomp, but instead of knock back, it's knock to. A couple friends have it on their tank build characters.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rocketlex posted:

My take away: Behemoths are useless in Cage Matches

They get better in them at lvl 21, where the cage match has some room so you can knock people in the air.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This game is my newest entry to the "good MMOs" list, along with PSO and Megaten (if you have a dedicated group to play with). Such a refreshingly unique MMO.

Is that thing about retailer exclusiveness on boxed copy codes true? I have two copies from amazon right now, I've used one, but that's pretty lame if another amazon copy will never work for me again. I really don't wanna pay 15 bucks a month, but 5 I can stand.

Since I am currently Gold, I have like 6 characters. In true weird internet guy fashion, at least half of my characters are based upon obscure poo poo, namely the girls from the Brazilian Mega Man comic (they even have matching nemesisii). I also made a HUnewearl from PSO, and LIGHT GUN MAN with the power of guns made to vaguely resemble light guns and a laser sword and rocket boots because why the hell not.

Also that video in the first post with the sentai team is amazing beyond words.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.
I started playing during the Steam F2P launch event, and I still haven't gotten over how much fun the costume creation system is. I threw together a Grimoire just by going down the line, picking whatever costume element looked best with the elements I had already chosen, and still ended up with an awesome-looking dude. Then of course I made about six more characters just to abandon them after one mission for the costume creator again.

Now that I think I might actually start playing the game, I have two questions about crafting:

Is there a strategy involved in researching? Can I just throw everything on the table in one experiment, or should I always try to add the minimum amount needed to hit 5/5 quality, or what?

Should I throw BoE items that are outside my crafting profession onto the auction house, even if they're extremely low-level?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

opaopa13 posted:

Is there a strategy involved in researching? Can I just throw everything on the table in one experiment, or should I always try to add the minimum amount needed to hit 5/5 quality, or what?

If you're trying to raise your crafting score, go up to 5/5 and stop there. The closer you are to 5/5, the more points you'll get from the research (and the more components you'll get out of it as well, as well as discoveries/profundities/epiphanies), but once you hit 5/5 the crafting points you'll get are capped.

Once you get up over 200, one of the best ways to raise your crafting score quickly is custom blueprints. As long as the blueprint is shown in orange in the Development list, it'll raise your crafting score by 1 no matter what quality you select, so you can spam a secondary upgrade at low quality and get consistent +1s while using minimal components. Once it turns yellow, the +1s are rarer but still happen, and you can always throw your cheapo upgrades right back into Research.

Realistically, the only things you'll get out of crafting that are worth it are:
* Self-heal and self-shield consumables
* Pet-summon items
* Rarely, attack items (the Acheral Mace in Mysticism is actually very good)

quote:

Should I throw BoE items that are outside my crafting profession onto the auction house, even if they're extremely low-level?

It depends, but probably not. If it didn't cost you anything to put an item in the AH, I'd say go for it, but if it's dirt-common it'll probably just sit there. It doesn't hurt to look up similar items in the AH and see if you can undercut them, but dumping unwanted stuff at the vendor is the usual method of freeing up inventory.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Curse you free accounts, for your limited wing and chest-piece options :argh:

Slipstream up in this poo poo.

(Also: No tech based silver account characters)

:spergin:

e:

The "free" version. A bit of a bummer that you can't select lip colour with the half-mask head option.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 18, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Is that thing about retailer exclusiveness on boxed copy codes true? I have two copies from amazon right now, I've used one, but that's pretty lame if another amazon copy will never work for me again. I really don't wanna pay 15 bucks a month, but 5 I can stand.

Sort of.

It might work, it might not. There's no way to say for sure "2 copies from retailer X will not both work".

Except maybe Walmart. Walmart's copies had 500 free points with them, so if anything is blocked from multiple activation it's probably those.

delfin posted:

If you're trying to raise your crafting score, go up to 5/5 and stop there. The closer you are to 5/5, the more points you'll get from the research (and the more components you'll get out of it as well, as well as discoveries/profundities/epiphanies), but once you hit 5/5 the crafting points you'll get are capped.

No, no, no.

You level up faster doing 1/5s.

Early on (pre-100) do 5/5s, but after that just grind 1/5s to level up your skill. Then when you cap out you do 5/5 for material.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Aphrodite posted:

You level up faster doing 1/5s.

Early on (pre-100) do 5/5s, but after that just grind 1/5s to level up your skill. Then when you cap out you do 5/5 for material.

Really? I could swear I've had 1/5s (particularly later on) that didn't raise my score at all.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

delfin posted:

Really? I could swear I've had 1/5s (particularly later on) that didn't raise my score at all.

Same, 1/5s never seemed to raise my crafting skills at all.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It may depend on where you are in the crafting scale. Like, a 5/5 is dead easy to get from 0 - 100 and will give you a ten-point boost, but it requires a lot more gear in the 300+ range and only gives two at best. 1/5s may well be the most efficient method at lower levels, which is where it sounds like opaopa13 is.

Even the craftable consumables shouldn't be a huge priority, since you can buy heals / shields from Ren Cen vendors once you hit level 11 and they tier up at 21 and 31.

V--- I'll buy that, especially at higher tiers. Closer to 5/5 gives a better chance for the Profundities / Epiphanies etc., but you really wouldn't need more than one or two of each unless you're fascinated by Power Replace items.

delfin fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 18, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My mistake, it's 2/5s for efficiency. Not 1/5s.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Sort of.

It might work, it might not. There's no way to say for sure "2 copies from retailer X will not both work".

Except maybe Walmart. Walmart's copies had 500 free points with them, so if anything is blocked from multiple activation it's probably those.
Amazon's don't seem to work either, although I may just have gotten unlucky with my $5 experiment. Trying to enter the code put in an "you have already entered a code from this retailer" warning. It's probably safest to assume multiple boxes from one retailer won't work, sadly.

Aphrodite posted:

My mistake, it's 2/5s for efficiency. Not 1/5s.
Yeah. If you've never leveled a tradeskill, the rate of skill gain drops drastically past 200, and goes almost glacial past 300. Since I have no interest in grinding out the travel power item things I've not really put much effort in, but even there I've never gotten much past 340ish with casual despite playing since release... mostly because I kept trying for 5/5 until recently. :downs:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's where the casual blueprints come in. Since there are a couple of points in the 300s where you get six custom upgrades at once and they're all orange, just pick a secondary, give it any minor enhancement and leave it as Low quality and you'll get a crafting point and a useless item for, let's say, 2 units of some ingredient. Spam it until the blueprint goes white. Use your higher score to access the next craftable (a heal patch, perhaps) and repeat.

I wonder if a 'generic' code would work on my account, since I've already used a Best Buy one.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Really though, the bigger lesson is that there's no real reason to level tradeskills in ChampO outside of the travel devices and a handful of costume pieces. You'll have better gear from quests while leveling than you will from your skill, since it will invariably lag behind, you can just get the bags and devices off the AH, and there's nothing really at the endgame that farming elite lairs or adventure packs isn't superior too, especially if your super stats don't mesh up to something any of the tradeskills favor. I mean there's no real reason not to have and level one, and there's a handful of upgrades that are incredibly difficult or impossible to find as drops, but... eh, almost all the use is in maybe throwing gear at alts.

At least the game's intelligent enough to pull reagents from the bank while you're crafting.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Uses for crafting: Bags, consumables, customizable gear to help your alts out (as by the time they'd be useful for the character crafting them they'll have outleveled them,) mini pets, and unlockable costume parts.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Crafted dodge/avoid primary defenses until you can get a lucky blue/purp from a lair or adventure pack.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

FlyinPingu posted:

Uses for crafting: Bags, consumables, customizable gear to help your alts out (as by the time they'd be useful for the character crafting them they'll have outleveled them,) mini pets, and unlockable costume parts.
Eh, by the time you can make bags worth using you have more than enough gold resources to buy them off the AH. :ssh: And leveling gear generally isn't a problem from quest rewards and the like, and as mentioned you'll make little useful while leveling the skill yourself. The pets and costume parts are viable though. And...

doomfunk posted:

Crafted dodge/avoid primary defenses until you can get a lucky blue/purp from a lair or adventure pack.
Yeah, this is one of those upgrades that's a pain in the rear end to find as a drop. Above and beyond the tradeskill discussion, these are good to have in general if you have anything resembling a dodge focus at all. And there's a handful available from quests if you keep an eye out.

EDIT: Also, since it came up in game chat, what the hell does "+X% to Minimap Radius" on an item actually do?

Asimo fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 18, 2011

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Well, making bags isn't useful for the crafter, but it's nice to slap 3 bags together and send them off to an alt.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Usually the minimap radius items will add some amount of friend/foe detection to your map. I, uh... it's handy? But I'd rather have the stats, personally. I ran around with one on for about ten levels as one character and didn't really notice myself using the information I got outside of the Bite! minigame.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
At least the game's intelligent enough to pull reagents from the bank while you're crafting.

...Seriously?

I learned something new today! That's something that I've never heard of till now in an MMO, and god knows the stuff can take up a significant amount of space.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bloodly posted:

...Seriously?
Yep. :woop: There's basically no reason to carry that crap around.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Asimo posted:

Yep. :woop: There's basically no reason to carry that crap around.

:stare:

This is the best MMO ever...made.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I just hope they do decide to overhaul crafting and items in general sometime in the near future.

Especially power replacers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

:stare:

This is the best MMO ever...made.
ChampO has... a lot of issues, and a lot of unresolved bugs and the like, but they really did do a lot of things right. Enough so that I've been spoiled for a lot of other games, and I'm still messing around making silly alts in this long after I've quit WoW.

Allatum posted:

Especially power replacers.
Yeah. I love the idea of those, since it's a fun way to make interesting effects and throw on fun weapon gimmicks. But the lack of stats is often crippling, and the fact the weapon replacement powers are at the item's level (at least for the munitions types, rather than the "chance of effect on hit" martial arts types) means they go obsolete incredibly quickly unless there's some unique damage type or effect, and even then they don't have much lifespan. Just kind of sad really.