Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Man I swear it seems like the devs have spent more time talking about DXHR then making it. The mountain of interviews and videos from them is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Tecman posted:

But, unless I am not understanding your post correctly, isn't this exactly how the current system works? Aka, you're on Pip 3 out of 5, you turn on Cloaking and turn it off before the current pip runs out completely. Once you do, Pip 3 will regenerate. You still have 3 pips to work with.

The problem with this setup isn't the regen mechanic, it's that takedowns (and some other augs) deplete the entire thing. Takedowns are very expensive, energy-wise, and if you go that route, you'll probably end up on your last one constantly until you replenish yourself with candy bars. Maybe if takedowns depleted ~90% of your current pip, the system would work better?

e;fb

It would be better if it recharged every pip but each one took longer or needed a higher level battery recharge aug to fill. So at default recharge you would regen back up to 1 and then at level 2 you would go to 2 pips and so on.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Conserving ammo is a different issue, but definitely related. I don't think it would be realistic at all to have the game do something as "video gamey" as always giving you ammo for your currently equipped weapon to enable the "favorite weapon" playstyle. Then again, I also don't think it's very realistic to watch every enemy fire like 3 clips of ammo at me, then when when I kill them and pick up their ammo, I'll literally only find 1 round per weapon I loot.

I dunno I think it's really realistic for enemies to only have 1 bullet after shooting at you for 20 minutes.

What I'd like to see is enemies drop more ammo if you take them down before they can shoot a lot of rounds off.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I love that there are already compilations of stupid poo poo happening for this game. It's firmly standing in the tradition of the series as comedic masterpieces.

I agree completely. It all reminds me so much of all the little things for the first game. Clearly Dogmentation is the new orange v lemon lime soda.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

Well, the ghost bonus existed in the leak, and was still obtainable if you knocked people out without being detected first.

There are two bonuses for that sort of thing. One is the ghost one and there is another for not interacting with anyone or anything in a mission.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I am conflicted in my love for the Saints and my love for Human Revolution...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

404GoonNotFound posted:

Solution: Make an Adam Jensen Boss in The Third, install the Nutpunch Aug.

The gently caress you say? I didn't ask for this!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Momomo posted:

I just hope Greenman Gaming sends me the key by then. I don't want to spend the release day waiting for the game to download :(

Actually I've heard you can force steam to preload something even if it isnt on your account.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I agree it is always cool when developers come by to answer questions and the like.

I would love to know what your opinion was on the leak. Did it shock everyone on the team when it came out? What was your reaction to it and did that reaction change after you heard tons of positive comments on it?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Energy that is like ammo and doesn't replenish or energy that does? When I read about takedowns the first thing I thought was melee attacks in Vanquish, is it like that?

Yeah the Vanquish comparison is pretty apt. Though it takes a lot longer to regen energy then in that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

isk posted:

A level designer and a narrative designer. In this thread. Being cool as poo poo and answering every question.

This loving game

Why not they got every other member of staff interviewing non stop.

Also Adam's dancing... Clearly augmented.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Longbaugh01 posted:

This is amazing. 10 years ago with DX1 and being on these forums, I would have never imagined that in a decade a new game would be coming out, and people who put substantial work into it would be posting here so graciously.

You know Deus Ex 2 came out in between right.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'd have liked Invisible War more if it didn't decide to randomly crash every 15 minutes for me. :sigh:

Otherwise yeah. It's not a terrible game but it's a bad Deus Ex sequel and mediocre to somewhat okay on the game's own merits. The leak of Human Revolution is already miles ahead of Invisible War so I'm happy.

What really pushes IW over the point of awfulness is how buggy and down right poo poo the engine it runs on is. The physics arent right and the lighting alone is a nightmare story unto itself. Add to that terribly mediocre gameplay and bland characters and you end up with a heaping pile of dissapointment.

People dont fault IW for just the little things. Its how everything came together like an awful meatloaf.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Rocketeer Korolev posted:

Here's hoping for Adam Jensen's visor/glasses/whatever for TF2!

Bionic arms for everyone!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Well Ive got my pc version preloaded and its getting close to release but I wont be home for another week and a half so time to go dark on this game/thread. Good bye and enjoy the game!

Though I do have to wait to enjoy this...

What a shame.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Revolvyerom posted:

I find it interesting that everyone latches on to "Women never fail to underestimate men" when it's just a tit-for-tat return of Zhao's "Men never fail to underestimate women" just hours before...

It's funny because he says that all smug and then still falls for her trap anyway and gets punted across the room.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

harskarenjag posted:

I had the opposite problem throughout the game. I hoarded weapons and ammo not knowing when I would really need to open up and destroy poo poo. I always carried my 10mm, revolver, assault rifle, machine pistol, stun gun, and a heavy weapon all at the same time with as much ammo as I could carry for them. Towards the end of the game I realized I was stockpiling for no reason, and I dropped my stun gun and had about 400 ammo for both my assault rifle and machine pistol, 60 pulse gun ammo, 70 10mm, and 60 revolver ammo. The only thing that sucked about this was dropping a weapon temporarily to pick up upgrades.

I had the same problem. I had over 100 rounds for my sniper rifle that I fired maybe 10 times through out the game. Not to mention 8 typhoon shots that I also used only twice during the game in a boss fight. Granted I think I spent 90% of the time decking people out cold.

If I had to complain about anything I think they didn't really give you any incentive to use a lethal takedown. The nonlethal takedown is quieter, gives more xp, and the animations seemed to be shorter. If I snuck up on a dude there was no reason for me to ever kill him unless I accidentally held the button down.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

fisty delicious posted:

I bowled two dudes over with the PEPS gun and they just got back up :mad: That a bug or a feature? Also when I was talking to Malik for her Hengsha side mission some of her dialogue didn't happen. Jensen was talking about something and inexplicably busted out with "Whoa there Malik, slow down!" Dude's such an rear end

To be fair he never asked for this.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

OH loving COME ON. I know Adam is augmented, but no way is anyone going to survive Mach 20 impact with frozen water. That would crush the entire thing like an aluminum can.

There definitely seems to be some missing stuff from there.

It's like you are shooting in the rocket then the next second you are on a helipad. Plus it looks like at one point they used to have him in a helmet.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Donny posted:

You misinterpreted it. It's just plans for a moon base, not a fake moon landing studio.

Holy gently caress I missed this whole thing...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

al-azad posted:

So, the Japanese version is being delayed because an area contains expressions deemed unacceptable by the Japanese ratings board. They don't give any other details.

Begin speculation... now. I seriously have no idea what they're referring to. High school girls dress more provocatively than the hookers and dancers in this game.

They are racist against yo.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Rebel Blob posted:

Nah, I'm sure it's just Jensen's racism.

AWWW SHEEET CAPPN! THAT'S ALMOST TOOOO MUCH!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Tecman posted:

Thanks to the guys and gals at Eidos Montréal I've got 3 Steam keys for the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC "The Missing Link" to hand out! All that I require in return is for you to think of an Augmentation you'd like to see in the game's world, then design that and present it to all of us.

• It can be purely in text form as a description, or you can use visuals, photoshops or mspaints as an aid. All I ask is that you put at least some effort into these - even if it's minimalist mspaint humor.
  • You can do this "seriously" and actually think of some plausible backstory, the science(babble) behind it and possible applications for it, or...
  • You can do it "humorously" and have it be an augmented dick joke (don't actually do this unless you can pull it off properly - "lol your dick gets aug'd" isn't enough), or...
  • Whatever crazy impossible things (that probably shouldn't ever exist) your minds can come up with works too. Just try and really sell it.
  • Multiple entries are allowed - just don't spam low-effort ones, please.
  • If you want to, please post your Steam ID along with your entry. Otherwise, just wait and see in case you win and post it then. The winners can also PM me the IDs over the forums if they have Platinum. I just need to be sure I'm sending to the proper person and not have some random lurker bug me on Steam going "hey it's totally <winner>, can I haz DLC plz".
  • The best three entries will win one key each! The deadline is on Monday, October 24th at 23:00 GMT (19:00 Eastern, 16:00 Pacific - I hope the math is right, otherwise US goons please correct me on this). After that, I may need an hour or two to make up my mind. This may take longer (probably not, but just throwing it out there just in case)

I'd suggest to make your ideas count - even if it's something completely wacky and out there, try to make it sound plausible, even if the laws of reality should never ever allow it to exist. :v:

That is pretty awesome! I'll take a shot at that.

Threat Assessment Scanner
Visibility: Nil
Purpose: Much like the mark and tracking system this one would allow you to make a quick scan of someone and it tells you how tough they are, if they have heavy armor, what weapon they are using, if they have any keys or items.

Remote Spider-Hand Drone
Visibility: Yes
Purpose: Since Jensen has a crazy set of hands that can turn into like crab spider hands I think it would be hella awesome if he could detach his hand and have it act like a primitive spy drone. It would crawl around real low to the ground and go up walls and would be able to scout a head and help tag people for the mark and track aug. Naturally you would be able to use computers since it is your hand but I don't think the base aug should allow you hack anything.

If you are discovered the hand will automatically recall back to you but you would have to avoid combat since you cannot shoot people with no hand.

I always kind of frustrated trying to figure out a good way to actually use the mark and target aug. It always seemed easier to just take a dude out if I could see him.

If we are allowing upgrades for these augs then naturally you should be able to upgrade it so you can hack but I think the coolest possibility would be have it be able to remotely control robots by latching onto them like that one zombie game with the severed hand.

and my steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/randombattle

Come on guys lets see some of those crazy aug ideas!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Momomo posted:

The possibilities are endless!*

The Sarif Industries Hair Dispenser. The next time people wonder how YOU'RE the life of the party, tell them, "My hair is augmented".

*possibilities might not be endless

I don't mean to alarm you Jensen but you're lips are upside down. You might want to go back to LIMB and oh maybe have them fix that.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

oddspelling posted:

"Why, do you want to kiss me, Francis?" :smugcybershades:

Be careful what you wish for.. Jensen.

I am so sorry..

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Darn I was hoping I could score me a copy of the DLC. Sadly I was outmatched but never the less I salute you winners. :patriot:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Dice Dice Baby posted:

But that's what Adam does

He is a combat-grade augmented super-badass that sneaks/neutralizes all opposition and when a cutscene comes on he clumsily bumbles about; e.g. being awkwardly seduced/distracted by a female antagonist or having a giant motherfucker with a machinegun arm get the drop on him

It really was strange seeing the sort of opposite to the normal cutscene awesomeness you usually see in games these days. I guess they just decided that showing Jensen doing totally awesome poo poo you cant do in the game would be lame so they flipped it around.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

The entire point of AP is that you role played the character you wanted Thorton to be - you don't need a conversation guide, you just play it in character and see what happens. If you want to see other stuff, role play it again as a different sort of Thorton. The great thing about the game is there isn't a "best" way to get through it - it's just different if you do different things.

No there are definitely paths you can take that end up pretty lame and get almost everyone killed. Basically it can be bad end if you are a total cock up.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I too picked up the missing link over the steam sale and man what a good DLC pack. Makes me real sad that it was the only one cause god drat some of the stuff they talked about sounded amazing. I want to explore that underwater city and moon base from the blueprints!

:sigh: I just want more Human Revolution...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Yeah I already own all of everything thanks to that steam sale. It was just so cheap!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

UraniumFuelElement posted:

Here's a video of someone beating him without augs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YFgL2NigVQ

Running in a circle around the outside of the room to make him follow you so you can ambush him at every corner seems to work the most reliably.

Here is another video of someone beating him with out augs.... and bullets.. and grendades...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1X5F0d58I

Man I really want a Human Revolution sequel about what happened after all this poo poo went down. It feels like the world was in such a different place in the beginning of Deus Ex then where it ended in Human Revolution..

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I don't even really mean just the technology but the overall atmosphere of the world feels radically different. Augmentations are this high class item that no one can afford but by Deus Ex every random hobo has some and no one really cares much.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I dunno with out the voice I can't see it being quite the same. He does look hella great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Bone posted:

Here's what gets me: They are making all of these (awesome) changes based on customer feedback....and then putting it out on a console that it has never been released on.

"Hey, we heard you guys' suggestions and made some great changes to our game....but you won't be able to play them, other people will!"

You could buy the WiiU version, decompile the game, and then port over the alternate content to the pc. You know if it bothers you that much.

• Locked thread