Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Came looking for the new DXHR thread, found Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Online Encyclopedia.

All that awesome concept art is going straight to my hard drive. :swoon:

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Is it weird that I'm excited that this game could really work well on consoles? I really want this game to reach alot of people, and hopefully push future boundaries for design at other studios, as well for Eidos Montreal.

I'm also really sore about watching the PS3 thread and seeing CoD Black Ops at the top of the list of most played game in alot of countries for some reason.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jul 20, 2011

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The different functional nodes confused me a little, since the I dont think the in game hacking tutorial expanded on them at all, but they were kind of self explanatory.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

DemonNick posted:

Probably already been posted, but what do you guys think about this? Personally I feel like it kinda makes the direction that they're going with Sarif kinda obvious.

The end of the video mentions 'We've hacked their site' If you go to https://www.sarifindustries.com surfing around a bit should bring up a similar hacking interface to in game, and you can unlock a few images with information about Jensen's more questionable augs.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Im imagining support threads on SA in the future for replacing your own hands with posts like 'It's easy! Once you try you'll wonder why you thought it was so difficult'

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Supposedly the sarif industries site has been hacked by Purity First. I can't load it on work comp, is there anything different?

TheMostFrench posted:

The end of the video mentions 'We've hacked their site' If you go to http://www.sarifindustries.com surfing around a bit should bring up a similar hacking interface to in game, and you can unlock a few images with information about Jensen's more questionable augs.

Re-quoting that from the last page in case anyone missed it. There were 4 pictures I got from the hacking minigame, and I'm not sure if there was more than that, I didn't look too deep (Not sure if you physically have to search for any access points to start the minigames yourself - the one I'm thinking of seemed to start up on its own).

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

These were what I found on the Sarif page (schematic type files for different augs). e:Just checked the site again, just surf around the 'augmentations' pages for a bit, and a hacking minigame should come up.

Arm blade
http://imgur.com/Zrlgg

Cloak
http://imgur.com/uJivk

Typhoon (file is called 'claymore')
http://imgur.com/Icynl

Dermal Armour
http://imgur.com/ytiYZ

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 22, 2011

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I haven't had any other hacks come up for me yet \:smith:/

e: noticing some images have these little barcodes on them, but they can't but clicked or moused-over or anything. Can't be bothered going through every image to see if there's a sequence.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 22, 2011

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Can't exactly get away with beating up hookers on the street these days \:unsmith:/

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Going to a firing range and shooting wildly, then taking 5 full minutes to line up a decent body shot?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Jarate posted:

Plus, nobody is going to really remember the delay or this pre-order nonsense ten years from now when everybody is looking back on the classic games of the turn of the decade. Just like people now remember Half-Life 2 for being an amazing game, not its absolute clusterfuck of a launch.

I still remember how it ran at like 5-fps for pretty much everyone playing it out of the box and they all swore a holy jihad upon Valve. Memories!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Rocketeer Korolev posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now available for pre-load on Steam!

It's 8.4 gigabytes, if you're wondering.

Still can't preload it on my end (Australia).

Not reading because I'm a dumbass, steam://install/28050 worked for me in Firefox. I might also add that I already had steam open, if that makes a difference to people who say it isn't working for them?

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 19, 2011

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Inspector_71 posted:

Yeah it just opens my Steam library and nothing happens. :sigh:

Using the /install/ one opens the main Steam window but it's just blank.

I already had my steam window open when I did it, so maybe just..try it again, if you haven't?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Think logically about it and you can essentially spoil the game for yourself, the only thing you'll be missing is the specifics. Playing a good game should be more about the experience, kind of like going through DX1 for the upteenth time because you remembered that cool level toward the end of the game, but when you actually play it you realise there was a whole bunch of other awesome crap on the way too.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Aug 22, 2011

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Don't know if anyone experienced this yet, after doing the intro of the game and becoming augmented, I get told to visit pritchard because of the glitchy HUD, however no hud is displaying at all. After visiting pritchard and being told 'That should fix it' and going through the dialouge, still no HUD.

I tried restarting the game with some lowered settings (quit to desktop), and after turning off DX11, I got an error saying 'your display driver cannot run Deus Ex, try lowering some settings and restarting the game'. It is insanely bizarre after starting the game with DX11 on by default and medium settings no problem, and now the drat thing wont even run? I played the leak absolutely fine.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

jerkalien posted:

:smugdog:

Anyone else start a new game because they changed their mind and wanted to go the guns n' glory route rather than sneaking around in the first playthrough? Stealth is quite fun, but I think I'd prefer to play as a technological war machine first to see the full extent of augmented power rather than doubling the play time by observing guards for hours.

This was a while ago, but I find stealthing isn't that hard if you go Metal Gear style and wait for a guard to turn around then just go go go. Also when they walk up and down corrdiors and do that half turn to look back, they don't usually turn all the way around, so you can actually go to their side, as long as you stay down you make no noise. Getting through the police station without proper access is really great fun like this.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

After playing the leak and using AUDs all the time I was getting really sad I couldn't open level 5 doors and stuff early on, but then I remembered that stuff about doors and walls having health attached to them. After the first boss I had alot of frag grenades so this was no problem.

I used a shotgun with double blast to take out a punchable wall with a dude on the other side, the shot knocked down the wall AND killed the guy (which was awesome), then his friends ran over and were like 'What the hell happened?!'

Up to Hengsha now, and the first thing I've noticed is the asian npc's have those weird plastic wrap looking faces like they did in DX 1. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but it made me laugh.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Lasher posted:

Wait, hat? AUD's are a pre-order bonus? I buy them in the shops. I didn't even order the special edition or anything.

I originally planned to come in here to shout at you all for not telling me I could throw bodies around but now I just feel like I'm cheating with my AUD shenanigans.

Well, I could buy them in Detroit in the leak, but haven't seen any yet.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

I've just realised the Icarus system is named after someone who fell to his death. Me smart. :downs:

That doesn't sound like a system I would put much faith in.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Serain posted:

Drew something for this game.

Let me know if there's something wrong with it.

Adam Jensen in da fresh.

Just tried to get into see tong, screwed that up and took the side mission from the other bartender to get money off the auged hooker. I had already been into her apartment and stashed bodies in there earlier, so I thought it was weird she wasn't concerned her apartment had become a corpse locker. I threw one of them at her, but the force of the throw KILLED HER - completing the mission. Whoops.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Gazmachine posted:

Why on Earth would you take out the ability to flick their desklamps on and off repeatedly whilst they angrily asked you to cut it out? I wanna steal a fucker's lunch like in the first one.

Really loved how Manderley always told JC to act like a professional while I was busy filling his office with new furniture and cardboard boxes, and stealing candy from his personal bathroom. I guess the equivalent is filling peoples houses with dead bodies and watching them do the freakout animation in complete silence, or putting on godmode (gibbeds console thing) in the police station and going terminator.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 14, 2011

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

It seems she is a very breakable character. e: just noticed the book floating in mid air through her hand too.

I found a fun game with the explosive revolver. Get any object and fling it in the air with the heavy lifting aug (this includes dead/unconcious bodies) yell 'PULL' out loud, and while it is flying in mid air try and shoot it.

Good items include the basketball in detroit since it requires a bit of precision, or hip-firing dead people (if you fling them good they get some decent air).

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Just did the 2nd boss fight on GMDE difficulty, what was that electricity stuff everyone was talking about? Nothing like that happened for me, and my fight lasted a good minute. All she did was run up to me, typhoon and run off. She was incredibly easy to follow around because she made these large puddles wherever she stepped, and if you shot her at least twice her cloak would turn off and she would stop moving. Eliza also warned me every time she was about to typhoon again, so there was really no danger since I could step behind cover and return my own typhoon in kind.

Douche Bag: Pay attention to the direction an enemy is facing, that is the best way to move between cover sections. Unless you stand around for ages your enemies dont generally look up and down either. If you are holding the 'cover' button/have your back against something, an enemy can walk right next to you, and will not see you unless they look directly at you. Lethal takedowns make noise, and non-lethal takedowns are completely silent, but knocked out enemies can be immediately woken up again.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Pretty sure im not the only one who did this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HglypBSCv-A&NR=1 (minor sidequest spoilers?)

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Nessus posted:

Dumb question: I don't ever see the prompt for doing takedowns on random civilians. Do I just have to hit the button anyway? Is there a thing I have to turn on?

Anyway, on my second run through in the game, near the end of the first part of Detroit. I have managed to get myself hacking 5 as well as a fair number of actual utility stuff, largely through doing sidequests, so I'm really feeling this 'the game throws praxis at you' thing people are talking about. I also turned the difficulty up from easy mode to normal and I have actually barely noticed, though probably a lot of that is because I am now ahead on the skill curve of being Robocop, for now.

What effects on the enemies do the different difficulty levels have, anyway? The most I've noticed is that armored guys seem harder to kill with guns, even with AP on the 10-mike.

I took down Haas after he came at me outside my apartment and unintentionally took down some random at the same time with no prompt, it is just a matter of being close enough, and either holding or tapping for lethal/non.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

A little thing I almost missed - in the Picus computers there's an email complaining about their coverage of the Australian Civil War from John Howard.

That was the name of our PM who became internet famous with this:

Sadly, in real life, he was just a oval office. Still a nice little touch by Eidos. It's the little things that make a game like this so replayable.

That email is great, 'calling a spade a spade' is exactly something Howard would say.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Well - Jensen gets an option to annoy someone, and the line is something like 'I dunno, you guys all look the same to me' and considering the guy is asian it seems a bit racist, but when you hear the delivery it really is just for the purpose of antagonizing him.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

If ever there was a Deus Ex movie, the Day 3 scene is exactly how it should be filmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

randombattle posted:

:stare:

So very very sorry.

• Locked thread