Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

That has gotta be the most beautiful OP I have ever skimmed over to avoid spoiling myself. Not just here, but anywhere.

I've had the Augmented edition preordered for a while now on Steam. I'm thinking I'm going to try and be as stealthy and charismatic as possible on the first go, but of course there's always the ever effective plan B of "murder everything" if that doesn't work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I'm going to be playing a lot of Deus Ex and The Nameless Mod up until Human Revolution is released. I'm working through a Realistic playthrough, and am up to The MJ12 base under UNATCO, but my stealth skills are kind of rusty, so I'll need to work on that.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

WELL SHEEEEEEEEIT. IF IT AIN' DA CAP'N HISSELF

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Neither does Human Revolution? It's not like Eidos Montreal is going out of its way to say "Hey, you should kill everyone you meet and we are going to give you so much ammo so you can do so." They want you to adapt to situations so that you can approach any given situation from any angle.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Time to take a trip over to GWS. My meat pies will be augmented.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Tecman posted:

(Around 4 hours left to download because my internet is loving terrible, tho... luckily there's no rush)

Man, do I know that feeling. I'm not going to be done for a while but at least it's preloading now.

And for those of you who haven't started yet: if the game's already on your steam list, it should let you double click it to preload now.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Left steam to continue preloading overnight. Still not done. I hate my slow-rear end internet connection :smith:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Tecman posted:

Saw this reference in the game (screenshot) posted on Facepunch: "He doesn't know how to use the three seashells! Hahaha!" In case you don't get it, watch this.

The last thing I was expecting from this game was a Demolition Man reference. Well played, Eidos.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Dr. Glasscock posted:

EDIT: The ball didn't actually go through the hoop but I did get an achievement for it. It didn't say "Sign him up for the Knicks!" like In DX1 though :(.

Well, that's because you're in Detroit, so it'd be "Sign him up for the Pistons!"

And maybe basketball teams aren't as desperate in 2027 as they are in 2050?

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

HyperHopper posted:

If we are making canon, you should know that Malik can detect pheromones, so it probably exists already

Also (late-game sidequest related): In the quest "Talion AD", Zelazny will note that you're using the CASIE on him if you attempt to.

e: f;b

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I like how if you reload a save in the penthouse after Zhao tricks cutscene-Jensen into getting locked out of the panic room, the music will revert to the really serene music that was playing before the cutscene. Even though you're being hunted down by several Belltower mercs the quiet music that plays there just feels right.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes but

All the same, Adam wasn't conscious for any of that. Sarif came in waving Adam's contract going GIVE HIM LASER BEAM EYES AND CLOAKING SYSTEMS

And retractable shades

Now I can just imagine Sarif going over the augs Adam received and whispering to himself "He needs some Oakleys or some poo poo."

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

RagnarThePillager posted:

The gently caress do you unlock after hacking that? Ark of the Covenant? Holy poo poo.

It's the computer you hack for the Hangar 18 achievement

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Grey Fox V2 posted:

What am I missing?

Demolition Man reference. The three seashells are what replaced toilet paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I usually used the PEPS. Turns out dancing is difficult when you're being forced against a concrete wall by pulsed energy.

• Locked thread