Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
I would love it if they re-imagined Deus Ex itself. And completely re-wrote and re-made Invisible War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I would unquestionably pay full retail for a Half-Life: Source style re-release of Deus Ex, but I would pay Skyrim Collector's Edition pricing for a properly updated re-make of Deus Ex.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Nombres posted:

Unfortunately, I thought Fable III would drag on a bit more so I could unlock and play DE:HR a bit. Maybe I'll take a power nap.

I was hoping for New Vegas's Lonesome Road DLC to have dropped before now, which would have been perfect timing.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Pharmaskittle posted:

I juuuust got done playing through New Vegas last night with exactly this in mind. Zero downtime in :pcgaming:.

:goonsay:

I would have, had Lonesome Road actually made its original release date. Now I'm not even sure I'll get back to it, now that DXHR is almost out, Skyrim, Rage and Diablo 3 are around the corner, etc. As it is, I played through Old World Blues in a hardcore playthrough to the end of the game and uninstalled.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
There's a place where you can hack two turrets and drag them around, I think it was TYM or Montreal. So I was playing hopscotch with the turrets ... and then walked both of them right in range of an EMP mine ... and the game autosaved immediately after.

It's like they purposefully designed that map that way.

As far as the family mix-up thing I'm pretty sure the name was Elizabeth DuClare, i.e. Beth DuClare. She's the head of the World Health Organization, I believe.

Does anyone have a good list of all the Illuminati/MJ-12 from DX and who/where they are in DXHR?

Joseph Manderley works for Homeland Security, doing some sort of training
Beth DuClare dead in DX1, but head of WHO
Lucius DeBeers mentioned as extending an invite to Sarif, presumably to join the Illuminati, did Sarif realize it?
Morgan Everett head of Picus
Bob Page bookends DXHR, actual role in the world: head of VersaLife?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 29, 2011

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

early game spoilers

In the first post-aug mission, the first time I played through I just blasted the poo poo out of everyone and forgot about the hostages, so this time I used nothing but non-lethal attacks and saved the hostages. The difference in dialog, even from just the minor characters like the swat members, is really cool. Everyone hatefucked the poo poo out of me when I killed everyone and let the leader go, but when I save the hostages and just knock everyone out, including the leader (because when I read his psych profile it said he likes to murder civilians :colbert: ), they all tell me I'm a hero :unsmith:

If you mix-and-match, some SWAT and cops hate you for letting Zeke go, but the rest of them consider you a goddamn hero for saving ALL the hostages

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I gotta say, I'm in love with the dialogue "battles". Successfully completing one of those events gives you as much of a rush as pulling off any of the other significant/major things in the game, and they're pretty goddamn well-directed and written.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Tecman posted:

That's exactly what I did, though? Weird, perhaps a scripting bug? I did it the *other way* first but then reloaded and did the social bossfight during Taggart's speech instead.

I convinced Taggart to out Sandoval as a terrorist so he feels like his whole life has been perverted. I'm not sure what other ways you can take to get him to reveal Sandoval's location to you, but maybe there are subtle differences.

Also the way you go IN to Sandoval's secret hideout may matter.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Cardboard Box posted:

Look at how wrong you are.

Maybe he bought Invisible War by mistake.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Yes, I'm going to complain about hand-wavy pseudo-science techno-babble and alternate history geopolitics in the Deus Ex universe.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Macksy posted:

I need help I'm in derelict row and need to find the weapons stash, which I have, but I'm not getting the checkmark in my objectives screen. It's the only part of the mission I need to complete.

Did you "activate" the briefcase in the same room? That's what checks off the objective.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
So am I correct that the Dutch hacker used ddutchman/windmill as the l/p he gave the Purity First guys for the security terminal in the factory ... and uses it as well on his personal computer?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
How badly do you have to gently caress up as a person so that you don't have ANY of these by the end of Heng Sha:

1) a good weapon, even a fully modded 10mm pistol
2) typhoon
3) stun gun
4) use environment, physics items (PARTICULARLY FOR THIS BOSS)

If you systematically gimp yourself (including, apparently, your own imagination/observation, not anything to do with what you can toss on your particular Adam Jensen) then yeah, whoops, got stuck on the boss, god this game sucks!

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

ded posted:

Does Moores law apply to cybernetics?

Ask Gunther how he felt when Paul and JC showed up at UNATCO.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Yep, as soon as I decided to make my character a stealth character I felt like I was violated when I carried so much as one good modded weapon or that the game wanted you to have anything even remotely like a mix of gameplay. I filled my inventory up with wine and chocolate and then bought all the cranial augmentations instead of anything useful with the amount of praxis points I was sloshing around in with my stealth/hacking build. Despite those cranial augmentations I'm still dumber than a brick.

This is you. This is what you sound like.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I suppose there are two ways of looking at it:
1. "My giant robot with nuclear missile launchers is purely for peaceful purposes!" :downs:
2. She went to work for Bob at the end anyway, so maybe your girlfriend is just evil.

or 3. the nano-virus is essentially how nano-augmentation was supposed to work, she just thought she was going to work for Page Industries or Versalife (both of which Bob Page heads) on the next big step in human evolution

which, as it turns out, was indeed the case, even if Bob Page and Walton Simons tried to pervert that research into an insane powergrab beyond the imagination of even the Illuminati at the time

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Ghost Captain posted:

You can't get the others immediately, but it'll be a while until you see another tranq rifle.

I think I bought it from the gas station as soon as I got out of the factory, so that's about as far as you need to go. Plenty of cash to roll around in with stealth, anyway, if you hack everything for the datastores.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I like how the Belltower merc commander, Narhari Khan, can never catch a break.

First I tranq him in Alice Garden pods, then I get him again in TYM tower, and now I knocked him out again on the Heng Sha docks.

I hope he shows up again.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Anyone who watched the Typhoon demonstration in the intro and didn't make a point of getting it within the first 5-6 praxis points probably shouldn't be playing video games. There, I said it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Trilin posted:

I think this is the only bad thing about boss fights. Your only reward for attempting them is a loading screen, even a QTE for a bit of extra damage would have been cool.

Except for Namir :laugh:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
3 playthroughs and missed out on Foxiest of the Hounds YET AGAIN. I tried using the map selector to go straight to the Hyron boss battle because I got so annoyed but I can't even pick up that achievement from just doing the boss battle.

What the hell?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Amazing, Adrian Owlsley persists in being the absolutely most wrong on the most pedantic trivial things in both threads.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Pacifist/Foxiest at GMDE are really rewarding achievements to try for.

Saving Malik in the downed ospreyjet while not killing anyone is a goddamn rush--it's like the Futurama "Fry on 100 cups of coffee" sequence when pulled off.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 6, 2011

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
The entirety of that bonus mission was included in the release, though, you just had to unlock it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I guess I could SAM to find out if I can get The Fall and Pacifist on the same playthrough.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Well I did A and B and didn't come up with anything else/there's no way C could work, this game is poo poo.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

deepshock posted:

On Steam and the 360 (in general), achievements don't roll back if you reload without saving after getting one. You can do the fall, pop the achievement, then reload and plant the drugs instead.

That was kind of a reply to jackofarcades/etc. when they said they knocked unconscious people off bridges and still got Pacifist.

I guess the quest with The Fall just specifically flags against it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

HyperHopper posted:

Hes not into the whole science thing.

Pop pheromones on the Hive manager conversation battle and he's pretty smart.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
You can sneak by or dash by depending on how exposed you are at any given time.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I love Sarif's mech hand, it's ridiculously stylish.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Tranqing gangbangers while they're sitting on couches in and around the Detroit hub may instantly kill them. That might have done it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Doctor Spaceman posted:

As for justifying why there was a tough enemy, a big-arse robot would do the trick.

Possibly a flesh-covered robot. With a minigun for one hand, and a grenade launcher for the other. And highly obvious armor plating.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

OAquinas posted:

The main problem with the boss fights is that the game strongly encourages you to fight mainly utilizing surprise and preparation, and then you're basically dropped into an arena for open combat with a high dps/hp enemy.
The PA cartoon of the nerdy comp sci major threatening to hack the minigun-toting-cyborg-badass's email may be an extreme example, but it fits for a lot of playstyles.

Yep, I'm a nerdy comp sci major, I'm psychologically incapable of even carrying a stun gun, as soon as I picked my augs I dropped all the weapons Sarif gave me and filled my inventory up with wine and chocolates, what's in the environment? Pfft, that's just for me to duck behind, not to actually pick up, what do you think I am, a janitor or something?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

ChronoReverse posted:

Heavy Augmentation isn't unusual.

Jenson is unusual because he doesn't need neuroprozyne

Heavy augmentation is probably pretty unusual due to the neuroprozyne requirement. Good thing Bob Page supplies it.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

perianwyr posted:

Stungun takedowns take effect just as quickly, have a slightly longer range, recharge more quickly, and are generally easier on resources. I also found that hurling a gas mine down near the chopper was very helpful to deal with those guys who walk up and start circling the thing with heavy rifles (but I have the rebreather) You do of course need a tranquilizer rifle- I don't know how you'd get the more distant guys without it.

My strategy was to pop a few candy bars, cloak, run in and takedown/stungun the 2 heavy rifles, at which point I can safely de-cloak since they're all focused on the chopper by now, the robot drops in so I EMP that. At that point none of the rest of the soldiers do enough damage to kill Malik in a reasonable timeframe, and they're STILL focused on the chopper instead of you. Now it's a cakewalk to takedown/stungun all of them, even if you have to walk up ramps or climb up ladders to get to them. So yeah, nothing long ranged is needed.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

Never use the crafting table on the boat to make pistol ammo, it deletes your currently equipped weapon when you do :(

Edit: It potentially only deletes duped items because I had 6 copies of my Toxic Wazikashi and it deleted 5 of them. Easy enough to re-dupe so whatever.

Say what?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

StickySweater posted:

There are a lot of economic problems that aren't likely to be solved anytime soon which would seem to preclude 25 or even 10 percent of the population having augmentations so soon.

It's apparently closer to 3%, you see that many augs around you because they're veterans and/or you're in areas that are epicenters of augmentation research and commercial development already.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

teknetik posted:

Revolver and combat rifle didn't finish it off. I'll scour around for the second EMP nade.

There should be enough ordinance in the hangar itself to kill both bots even if you entered empty-handed.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Asimo posted:

Why do PC games have save limits, anyway? :geno: Even if 100 is generally plenty.

DeusExSaveGames *listOfSaves[100]; // 100 is generally plenty, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Mordaedil posted:

My buddy appears to be very interested in buying the jacket. We'll see tomorrow for sure.

We tried to grab a picture, but we both ended up laughing in them and they turned out pretty drat ugly because the only one there to take the picture had no steady hands, so it looked really bad and blurry. Tried to use some blur-remover tips, but it just got too bad.

So, in the meantime, my buddy is bringing in a camera tomorrow and then we will pose together. Suggestions for awkward poses, please, it was way too awkward to stand there all serious-like.

Takedown pose.

• Locked thread