Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
I've done what I can, but I'm so lost, I don't know where else to get an answer.

New to Macs, OSX is Snow Leopard. Any browser I use, I have the same problem: New tabs open up, usually something like https://www.google-analytics.com which then redirects to mevio or wordslife or some poo poo. When searching on Google, hovering over a link (ex en.wikipedia.org) shows, at the bottom of Chrome, that it's not going to that path, but some line of jargon/redirect. I feel it's a trojan, but everything I've done doesn't help. And by "done", I mean "cleared DNS and ran that trojan finder App".

I kind of have no idea what's going on; help please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.

FCKGW posted:

From some Googling, it looks like you may be one of the lucky few who have a trojan on your system, specifically Trojan.OSX.DNSChanger.B.

What "trojan finder app" did you run? Was it legit?
You can try downloading some removal software like http://www.iantivirus.com (site is run by pctools/symantec) or the DNSChanger removal tool.

Let me know if that finds anything, I'm kinda curious to what bug you have.

See, I thought that was my problem, but both things you linked to found nothing. The "tojan finder app" I ran originally was the second link. The instances of new tabs has slowed, but they still crop up once or twice an hour. Thank you for iAntiVirus, will try that.