Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
For RSS readers, I find Reeder to be good.

For those of us who enjoy crosswords, Black Ink is my go to app.

EDIT: Will Lion allow me to do a clean install from the app store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
How is bootcamp going to work with Lion? Where will my drivers come from?

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
Anybody else unable to download xcode 4.1? Boooo.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
Is there anything particular about that folder or is it actually just storage?

To make it not hidden, enter terminal and type

cd ..
mv .Storage Storage

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
Is there any problem with having applications installed into the users directory as opposed to the general applications folder? Why doesn't OS X default to this behavior, anyways.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Accipiter posted:

I'm not saying it's not a bug, I'm describing the behavior. I'm not a moron.

I'm assuming in the second picture you're moving your hand from right to left? If so that's the "non-natural" movement in launchpad. You're moving your hand to the left so launchpad is scrolling to the left.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
So apparently I had a bunch of items bought over a week or two ago not make it onto my iCloud purchased tab. When I try to explain it over e-mail, I get the response of "Well you can just transfer it from another computer :)". Am I just getting poo poo support because it's still technically in beta? I just want to know that I don't have to be hyper-vigilant to make sure the system is working, especially when it's rolled out in the next few months.

Even in this day and age of no DRM and unlimited downloads, why is free still so much easier?

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

coldplay chiptunes posted:

While I understand that they should be there (and honestly it's probably just propagating through their database), is it really a big deal that they aren't?

Did you just want a list of all your purchased apps? If you wanted to redownload something couldn't you just search for it and click install?

I don't think it's propagating as I have purchases after the fact that show up; in season passes I have shows that aired over a period of two weeks missing while the most recent episodes are downloadable. Same with albums. I think it's just a glitch in their system that occurred during that time, but it'd be nice if it were fixed.

Yeah, I understand that it isn't really that big of a deal, it's just the level of customer service has been so abysmal that I'm starting to get frustrated.

I've gotten e-mails with form information tangentially related to my problem. I clarify, then am told that maybe the album was modified in some way such that I am unable to download it. I explain that this album was released about 2 weeks ago, and this problem is endemic to a set of purchases made in a specific time interval. Then I am told that you can't even download purchased TV Shows, which is just blatantly wrong. Add the fact that I can download albums from my purchased items that are no longer listed on the iTunes store, and I just don't know how many times I can say "What you're telling me is actually flat out wrong." Maybe phone support would be better?

This and the fact that the whole itunes+ thing did not do what it described (I don't want to upgrade 60% of my library, I wanted to upgrade my entire library), I'm thinking I'll just do a chargeback for that and then cut my losses.

Also what was the album you downloaded? I'm wondering if it was the same one.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

smug forum rear end in a top hat posted:

Watch The Throne :allears:

Oh hey! Same album buddies. Also yeah I have the song missing too.

EDIT: I'm on phone support right now. I'll tell you how it goes(?)

EDIT2: This is what pisses me off. The argument that I can't upgrade music that is available in my iCloud purchased tab is that it has been removed or modified since I bought it. The argument that I won't have certain previous purchases in my purchased tab is that they have been removed or modified. You can't argue that I'm allowed to download music that hasn't been available on the iTunes store since 2009 or has been modified from the current content on the store but not purchases made 2 weeks ago. Hell, because of a glitch I can now download two versions of a RHCP album, with the only difference being the genre. Should I be happy that they accidentally gave me twice the album?

FamDav fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 18, 2011

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
So after the second time of having the nice guy for Apple support come back and tell me that he had an answer, click the call gets disconnected. I try and call back, but it was five minutes after their business hours.

I'm gonna go get dinner, see if I get an e-mail from the (again, quite nice) guy about it. If not, I'm just going to issue the chargeback. This has just been a bag of dicks day for customer support. Why is iTunes Support so awful compared to the rest of their support staff?

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Petey posted:

:stare:

I don't get it?

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Space Racist posted:

Huh, apparently it has nothing to do with FunctionFlip and everything to do with user migration. Worked like a charm, thanks!

To be honest, while posting I found myself thinking "I wonder if SWSP will have a snarky solution to this" :v:

Do you still need to use function flip to remap your dashboard key to launchpad? Maybe in .1 or .2 they'll put this option in the system preferences :(.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

gregday posted:

Attention Developers:

iTunes 6.1 beta is in the dev portal with iTunes Match. Looks like we'll have to go ahead and sign up for the $24.95/12 months to use it, but developers will get an extra 3 months for their efforts.

Is this just for iOS or can mac developers access this too?

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Morven posted:

Not really Apple's style, though; they don't seem to go for buying large companies, just small ones for the talent, product or whatever, that they rapidly assimilate.

Apple Photoshop: 100 dollars, all of the features you need, none of the features pros wanted.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

wdarkk posted:

Here's the solution.

Can we get this in the OP? It's such a great thing to have but it's hidden away in another forum.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Small White Dragon posted:

...So how do I update the GM to final?

There is a download for 11c74 in the developer downloads section. It was updated today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
To the person who mentioned KeePassX, how well does it work with an iPhone? There's about 3 apps and they all seem iffy.

EDIT: Yeah 1Password is definitely price gouging, but when other options have poor interfaces across multiple platforms, what are you going to do :(.