Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

I am unable to view flash videos on dailyshow.com (and some other sites) in chrome 13.0.782.218 in 10.7.1 I had glimmerblocker installed at one point and uninstalled it because I thought it may have been blocking the intro ads.

I have uninstalled glimmerblocker and tried installing flash and using safari which gives me the same result (black video box).

any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

wolffenstein posted:

Ddi you follow GlimmerBlocker's uninstall directions?

I did.

Did some digging and came up with Flush which fixed it.

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

so my 2010 mba came with ilife '11.

anyone figured out how to get the mac app store to recognize this?

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

chimz posted:

If it came with your mac, and you signed into the app store and clicked whatever button it is that pops up binding the iLife to your account, it should show up in your purchased tab, and even be downloadable on other Macs that you own.

Yeah the pop up never happened. I bought refurb in April from apple and bought stuff from the mac app store including Lion. I flattened a few days ago and reinstalled Lion but I have a time machine backup with ilife if I need it.

Sounds like I need to call etc.

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

So I got an email back from Mac App Store support:

quote:

If iLife '11 was preinstalled on the MacBook Air it will need to be reinstalled from the Installation USB that came with the computer and will not be available under your purchased tab in the Mac App Store.

Only apps purchased on the Mac App Store can be updated through the Mac App Store. Apps that were purchased at retail stores or websites cannot be updated via the Mac App Store.

If you would like to have the iLife applications showing in the Mac App Store and do the update from there you will need to purchase them from the Mac App Store. If you have the USB please use this to reinstall the iLife Suite.

I've read a bunch about how you can tie it to your mac app store account but apparently not?

I used my restore key to install it after getting this feedback.