Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I spend a lot of my day bouncing between full screen rdp windows each in its own space, would lion mission control improve this over spaces or make it wonky? I've been reading the lion reviews but I haven't gotten a good sense of that yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

For anyone curious: I upgraded to Lion and full screen RDP still works fine.

Well as fine as it ever did. The Microsoft RDP client still hangs on occasion and requires me to kill the process but performs better than CoRD while CoRD also crashes but at least does so more gracefully.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Pretty much. Unfortunately I've never found a better way to control multiple machines from my mac. VNC is way too slow for anything at length.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ziir posted:

Can I ask if they've fixed this stupid full-screen mode takeover all monitors oversight in the beta versions of Lion yet?

Nope. Anyone know if a fix is on the horizon or any hacks released?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

On that note, why do I have 'Soundflower' in my audio outputs now? It just showed up a few days ago. I googled it and I didn't install the program listed.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Thoom posted:

Splashtop Remote Desktop also installs it for the purpose of redirecting audio to their iPad client.

That was it. I was looking for RDP alternatives and didn't realize Splash can only serve from a mac but not to it.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is there an alternative to synergy? I don't need something as slick but even just a keypress toggle to switch between sending kb/mouse to one device and another over wireless.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

http://www.keyboard-and-mouse-sharing.com/ this works perfectly for kb+m sharing between mac and windows. Way better than synergy.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

What's the best way to move a whole HD (mac drive, bootcamp, hidden lion recovery) to an SSD in lion? Winclone doesn't work with lion.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Sparrow still doesn't support exchange right?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Bob Morales posted:

http://www.sublimetext.com/blog/articles/sublime-text-2-0-released

Sublime Text 2.0 has been released, with Retina support

Wow how have I never heard of this program before. It's like a better version of Programmer's Notepad that is cross platform. No more vim for me on mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Any idea what this new icon is?

I don't use macs and my father in law gets jumpy when new icons suddenly start popping up. This has been pretty awkward to google