Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

It's an ostrich :)

echobucket posted:

Cool, This conflicts with what people were saying on twitter. This is the same build number as the GM I already downloaded.

Did you take this screenshot from the Mac App Store downloaded version of Lion?

I've got the same number from the App Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

Ziploc posted:

Well that was loving weird. I restarted back to my old OS and re launched the Lion installer. Which is now upgrading hands off properly...

It did that to me on my macbook, I clicked install and it downloaded the installer and upgraded fine.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

Sharrow posted:

So now that the 'show sidebar' lozenge has been removed from the Finder, how am I supposed to install applications if the DMG doesn't include an /Applications alias?

Open a new Finder window (menu or Cmd+N, since clicking the Dock icon does nothing), move them side by side, and drag it over that way? It's really grating on me.

("Use the app store" isn't really the answer I'm looking for :()

Command-Option-S brings the sidebar back.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Does it actually? Thank god. There is an option for "show sidebar" if you right click in the window, but it is greyed out whenever I actually want to use it.
I just tested it with a dmg and apparently you can't have a sidebar without a toolbar, so cmd-opt-T will bring them both back.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

Choadmaster posted:

If only that could save a file in Pages format...

Is it a limitation of the Pages trial? I have a duplicate option.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

johnnyXcrane posted:

Is there a way to change the "Search with Google" in Safari to that it opens it in a new tab?

Hold command when you click it?

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

johnnyXcrane posted:

I want to cut scenes from Youtube videos and create a compilation video.
What is the easiest way to do that, iMovie? But how do i download the Youtube video and how do i import it?

ClickToPlugin allows you to right click videos and download from there.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

FlashBangBob posted:

I've been looking for an answer but I haven't been able to find it. How does home sharing work on the same Mac computer if there are two separate accounts on the mac that want to use that home sharing? Does the non-current user show up in the current user's library, even though technically they are not online as well?

We have one centralized Mac, but we both have iPhones, and I have an iPad. We have separate Apple IDs that we'd like to use for iCloud, but home share our music libraries, apps, movies, that sort of thing.

iTunes and home sharing will continue to run if you switch users, so it will show up and you can copy files over.

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

I enabled AirPrint on my iMac a while ago, and I'm pretty sure all I did was create a file called airprint.types in /usr/share/cups/mime with this in it:
code:
image/urf urf (0,UNIRAST<00>)
I did try and repeat this on a friends computer but I had no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

computer parts posted:

I'm getting an odd graphical issue in Safari. Occasionally, the browser won't completely refresh the page when it scrolls down so that you get artifacts like this:

It seems to just be a forums issue, although I might have had some issues with Facebook but they're probably unrelated. I've already tried emptying my cache and disabling the SA Webkit fix extension, to no success. Any ideas?

I get this occasionally, but I just scroll back up over it and back down again and it fixes itself.