Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Eight Is Legend posted:

If you haven't gotten a password manager yet (and you really should), you can get six months free Dashlane Premium (and I can, too :) ) if you use my referral link: https://www.dashlane.com/en/cs/3bb0463c

Used this as well. Did you get another 6 months of premium? Cheers for posting the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

I'd been using Textual up until I discovered IRCCloud. Using someone's earlier suggestion of Fluid, it basically acts as a standalone client. The whole service works flawlessly so far and seems like there are some nice features in the works.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Has anyone got a spare Mailbox betacoin kicking around?

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Took this one. Cheers mate, much appreciated.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Zartans Lady Mask posted:

I'm looking for a piece of software which will allow me to right click on a file in Finder, choose a 'send to Amazon S3' option, which will then upload my file to my S3 bucket and create a url that I can share.

Does anyone know if such a piece of software exists for OS X?

You can do this with Dropzone just without the right clicking thing. You'd have to drag the file to the menu bar but from there on, it can do everything else you want.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Any software recommendations for doing self assessment accounts (UK) less of a chore? Currently doing them just in a spreadsheet but doing it manually is the bane of my year.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Farking Bastage posted:

Duet Display is loving awesome.

The last time I used it it was being a massive shithead for some reason. The resolution was way off and the display was squashed. Changing the settings did nothing. There's been an update but haven't tried Duet since so hopefully it's usable again.

When it works it is excellent though.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Just got this email:

"We recently introduced new, more affordable iCloud storage plans and your 200GB plan’s monthly price will be reduced from £2.49 per month to £2.49 per month."

Sweet deal!

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

So is Safari better than Chrome now?

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

That's good enough for me. I'll move over to Safari for a while and see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

I've finally got myself 2 nice monitors that have the same resolution - is there a way to get a single wallpaper over both monitors (not the same wallpaper twice, but continuous over both)? A quick Google only came up with forum questions from years ago but one suggestion was to just split an image in Photoshop. Is there a better method?