Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Okay wow, my Snow Leopard configuration of Spaces is making Mission Control go absolutely nuts. I did figure it out however but having to go into a Desktop's thumb view and nudge my way to move a window 1 px so it figures out that that window belongs there is kinda annoying.

Now another thing; can I remap the Dashboard-button to work as LaunchPad? My Dashboard is already OS-wide switched off use some terminal command and I wanna use the button for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Ziploc posted:

Oh lame.

Full screening an app only fullscreens it on the main monitor. Leaving the external monitor to become absolutely useless.
There's much hate for two monitor setups. I have five programs always open, visible on all Desktops on my left screen for monitoring and such, and now every time I switch a Desktop it animates the left screen and changes its wallpaper and zoome those applications in again. :argh:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

What's wrong with your Chromes? I have zero problems using it right now.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I'm pretty sure 1 purchase is good for 5 machines. If this is the case, it's going in the FAQ.
I installed on my iMac, let it finish and toyed. When I went to my MBP the Buy changed to Install in the App store and I downloaded another copy for that machine. Only paid once.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

wdarkk posted:

Has anyone noticed weirdness with some lines on the forums that have both text and images? Sometimes the text is at the top of the image, and sometimes it's at the bottom.

however this text is on the bottom

I can't seem to figure out why it is.

EDIT: The text shows on the bottom in previews but on the top in actual posts. Odd.
This is not a Lion thing. Been like this for months.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

wdarkk posted:

Are you using Chrome? I've been keeping Safari updated but it didn't happen until Lion.
Yes, this is a webkit2 thing. Welcome to the revolution.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

When I first started out with Lion, Finder was plain and simply DEAD. I could open 100x windows in it and see them when I right clicked it, but never a chance in hell did I get to one of the windows. Forcing a relaunch made it work again, but that also made this happen:

This is the title of the Finder window when I've selected All my files. This says "All my files" for everyone else I know AND my own MBP. What gives?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Accipiter posted:

gently caress that poo poo.
So there's this thing called Quicksilver that still works on Lion.

(poop)

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

weese36 posted:

I'm hating full-screen mode. I use a 13 inch macbook pro with an external 24 inch monitor and it maximizes on the laptop no matter what (and disables the secondary). Any idea how to get around this?
No, you're not supposed to have a secondary screen. NO. It is NOT A POSSIBILITY.

Actually, have you tried putting your dock on the second screen? I'm on an iMac with the dock on the secondary screen (primary for me) and that's where fullscreen arrives.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

What's going on here? I just bought a Magic Trackpad. I can't even scroll with it, and my iMac thinks it's connected, but doesn't? :confused:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Crowley posted:

Uninstall USB Overdrive.
That wasn't it. But I decided to go digging in package receipts and in there I found two offending .kexts that had been installed. They're gone now, and voila I can use my trackpad :allears:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Okay, this is a weird situation. Thanks to the new iCloud thing, I am being made aware that I somehow have two Apple IDs - one I used for MobileMe for *years* and one I have ALSO been using for years before I even got MobileMe. Turns out that my free 25 GB space thanks to being hosed over by the iCloud switch is now activated on a different Apple ID than the one I usually use. So for me to even use iCloud I have to use two different Apple IDs.

Is there some way to get Apple to move my poo poo into one ID?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

do it posted:

Anyone on Lion having issues with MplayerX? Specifically playing videos over an AFP share, MplayerX crashes during the caching phase and has huge problems seeking through videos.
This is usually related to a file being broken, not MPlayerX itself. I play 720p over WiFi & AFP all the time with MPlayerX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I'm pretty sure that the NTFS kernel modules for Linux still will eat drives, so you're better off with exFAT in all situations.