Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

unruly posted:

Have you tried doing what the error tells you to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Textual 3.0 is out and on sale for $3 until the 28th. Full changelog available.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Is there any way to stop AirMail 3 from creating its own categories? I deleted them only to have them re-appear seconds later.

Is it too much to ask to group Gmail my own way?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I hope the dev who makes Textual gets the app back on track again. I could already tell it was having hiccups in the past year but this last week, he finally sent out an email apologizing and trying to fix the issues with it.

What happens, who knows.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I'm curious, I've never had any issues with the FaceTime camera until upgrading to Sierra. It repeatedly freezes or becomes black where I have to do "sudo killall VDCAssistant" to get the camera working again.

Is there any permanent fix for this that anyone knows or what causes it?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

XLD is good, especially with the logchecker plugin for checksum purposes.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Thank you guys for giving me reassurance when I get the itch to impulse buy next time.

TouchID, Touch Bar and essentially a lateral CPU/RAM/SSD move are not worth $3000 to me.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

wdarkk posted:

It's 1.0.2h_1. So I guess I install boneyard to get the "brew versions" command and then do that?

Probably. I had to poke around boneyard to install LFTP.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Transmit 5 was just released. $35 for the next week or so.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Last Chance posted:

Yeah I just bought Transmit 4 two months ago. Not upgrading.

Did you check your serial for a free upgrade?

Either way, I'd email them.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Utorrent 2.2.1 is great for Windows and can handles thousands of torrents with ease. No ads/malware/bitcoin miners

Rtorrent w/ rtorrent for Linux, tons of configuration options and can also handle thousands of torrents

Deluge performs well in initial swarms, usually beating other clients with comparable specs, connection speed and location. Downside is that is that it starts to become unusable past the 1,000 torrent mark.

Transmission runs well on a NAS or macOS, lightweight and great for long term seeding.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

My employer touts McAfee Endpoint for Windows and macOS, which is complete garbage. Had to uninstall it manually via CLI for the 1709 Fall update to install.

For macOS, we had to remove it via terminal in safe mode in order to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Is there a preferable solution between Tuxera and Paragon NTFS? Those seem to be the two paid options in the NTFS write market.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Looks like Tweetbot is on sale for $5. Decisions, decisions...

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

After today's email, Textual is pretty much dead, aside from a few life support updates in the future. Time to find a replacement.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Any suggestions for scanner software for macOS or is Adobe DC kind of what we're stuck with? We use ScandAll PRO on our Windows machines at work but the attachment size is ridiculously low.

I'm just going to hook up my work Fujitsu fi-6130z directly to my MacBook but I'm looking for something that'll detect blank pages, auto-correct orientation, and more advanced features that Adobe doesn't offer.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Does anyone have a recommended list of extensions for Safari, starting with an adblocker? Switching between FF & Chrome was easy enough add-on wise, not so much here.

I've realized that I'll still need to open Chrome/FF to use some specific extensions but Safari is much better on battery life, so I'm shifting to that as my primary browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Zenostein posted:

AdGuard (for Safari) has been fine for me, but I'm just using various baked-in/premade lists, not making my own filters or anything.

I'm also using something unhelpfully called "Userscripts for Safari" for some userscripts, and also CSS. You can't just drop in stylish/stylus stylesheets, but with some fiddling they work out well enough. Similarly, some userscripts won't work, but for fairly simple things it's alright.

I also use Safarikai, but that's useless unless you read a bunch of japanese stuff and want something to show you kanji readings. You'll probably get a more useful response if you point out things besides an adblocker that you regularly use.

Thanks for help. Below is a link to all of my extensions.

https://imgur.com/a/GxxSL13

I think most are Chrome/FF exclusive but I could be wrong. I'll start with AdGuard though.