Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
Trying to forward a port on a Windows application using Parallels is either way over my head, or way too hard to figure out. I'm thinking it's the latter but either way it's beyond frustrating.

The IPv4 address (as shown in Windows Networking properties) is a 192.168.2.* address and yet, my public IP is some random 65.*.*.* address, therefore I'm both lost and confused. Being stupid is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
Is there any MP3 tagging program for the Mac that even comes close to rivaling, or simply working in the same way, MP3Tag or Tag&Rename do for the PC? It seems like a real struggle to find a good, fast, comprehensive and effective tagging program for the Mac.

I mean, I could use Parallels, but I figure there has to be something somewhere.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
I was hoping not to have to drop $50, but it looks like maybe that's my only option. In terms of how it works, am I able to edit some tag features by myself, or is the majority of the program based on automation?

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
To those of your running Bootcamp with Windows 7 on your MBP: do you notice the unit seems get noticeably hotter, though not over-the-top hot, when using Windows 7 as oppose to Lion?

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
Bleh.

Having some problems with BootCamp right now.

I have Windows 7 SP1 and Lion installed. I can boot into Windows without issue, see my Lion partition and even manipulate files on the drive. When I try and boot into Lion, the little wheel loading thing just spins forever and it never boots, same with holding down Shift on boot. In addition, when I go into Recovery HD in an attempt to reinstall Lion, I don't see it in the drive list, just my Windows and Recovery HD partition.

What can I do and what might be happening?

Ninja Edit: Also, sometimes I get weird a error about Lion when I boot into Windows, it's the same one all the time about not being blah blah blah properly last time.

Real Edit: As an aside, I know this has been addressed before, is there any chance it's even possible to update a driver or something to make Windows run less hot when using BootCamp?

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

mayodreams posted:

Have you tried doing a disk repair and permissions fix from disk utility in the recovery boot? It seems to me that something in the HFS partition is out of whack.

Will try this and report back when I get home. Thanks a lot for the answer.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
Great.

So no repair or verify worked. I can get into Windows, my Lion partition still exists but all the files have been removed from them. I can enter the Recovery HD but when I try to install from there, there is no partition to install it on.

Under the Disk Utility program I can't totally format and clear the disk (unless I'm a loving idiot) and just go with a clean Lion.

I no longer care about Windows/Lion partitions. I want my poo poo back to factory, so just installing on a clean drive from the recovery HD without getting random "mount this/that" errors that stop me from wiping/cleaning up data and partitions.

What the gently caress can I do to just end this and have Lion on a clean HDD?

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Bob Morales posted:

Can you boot a Snow Leopard CD or whatever your Mac came with originally?

You probably can't format the disk if you're running the OS off it.

I didn't get a OS disc with it, bought it used. I swear I used an online guide to make a bootable Lion disc, but that was ages ago and I have no idea where it is now.

Under Disk Utility, so pre-booting any partition, it shows Lion and allows me to 'Erase' it. Windows 7, however, gives me an error relating to mounting (I've tried mounting and unmounting) and says it's unable to erase and the data stays on. That's where I'm posting from now.

Edit: If it seems like I'm clueless, I am. Never had an issue like this with my MacBook before and usually on Windows it's as easy as grabbing my disc and reformatting. This is way different and I don't know how to do it (thought I did, but Disk Utility didn't work out for me, yet).

Xithyl fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 2, 2012

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
VritualBox is phenomenal.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee

Bob Morales posted:

I used to think so.

Crashes the whole OS all the time for me the last few months running Ubuntu or Fedora VM's :(

What are you using now? Just in case this turns bad for me.