Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I thought it was insane to drop $57 on a text editing program, but I'm really close too now. I'm trying out the TextMate trial and it make's web development so much easier. I wish it was in the Mac App Store so I can use my $100 gift card I got from the student Mac purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Does anyone know where I can a Java JDK for Lion? I'm trying to run an IDE and it keeps asking me which JDK to use and none is showing up. I downloaded Java for OS X Lion through Apple.com but I think that's only a JDE.

Edit: I ended up finding the JDK 6, it must be a bug with intellij IDEA

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 22, 2011

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Is there any way to make it so my mouse has reverse scrolling (the old way) and my touch pad has natural scrolling? Each time I try to change one or the other (one in trackpad, one in mouse settings), it changes both. Any program to by pass this? I downloaded the newest Logitech Control Center and there's no option in it.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

BlueFreshMarlboro posted:

^^^^ - Not yet. I asked the same question. Nada.

Looks like I have to sacrifice natural scrolling on my track pad so I don't get confused when I switch from my Mac to my PC Development Machine :(

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Is there a way to rearrange the order of the windows in the dashboard part of Mission Control? The simple drag and move functionality isn't there.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Is there a recommended Anti-Virus option for OSX Lion? Something like MSE for Windows?

edit: This is for a 2011 MBA 13" so I can take a little bit of a performance hit.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I hope Gatekeeper isn't going to be a pain for developers. I have a feeling that it's Apples way of forcing developers to push there programs through the App Store, which worries me.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Quick bootcamp question about the MBP. I currently have an SSD drive and I plan to install the regular HD in the optibay. My boot drive is the SSD. Is it possible to partition the regular HD in half and install Windows 7 on one part of the partition via Bootcamp while saving the other half for data storage on the Mac OS X side?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I just installed gfxcardstatus onto my Macbook Pro and the battery life has significantly improved. I didn't notice, but it would keep switching to the 330M discrete option each time I opened Chrome up. I don't really need the discrete option when booting in OSX so I forced it to run on the integrated option only.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I just upgraded to Mac OS X Yosemite on my mid-2012 11" Macbook Air. I've been getting random wi-fi drops ever since. I can't get any productivity done when my wi-fi drops every 40 seconds. I've googled remedies but none work. Any news on when Apple is going to patch this? I have a D-Link DIR-655 router, so maybe that might be the problem too?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Office for Mac has been so painful for years that seeing Google Docs was drat near a revolution. I feel sorry for people that were forced to use Office 2011. The current version seems to be a bit better but it's still bloated and slow. There's a whole generation of people that are growing up only using Google Docs because of schools practically giving out Chromebooks. I really don't see MS Office being dominant 5-10 years from now in many places.

Office 2011 for Mac was great. I especially preferred Outlook to the Mail app for it's more robust features. I still prefer Word over Google Docs when writing more professional stuff. Google docs is terrible unless you're writing up simple documents. Word just has more formatting features and stuff. I can write my cover letter or resume in Google Docs but I can make it better in Word.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 4, 2016

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Anyone getting some weird audio issues streaming this on Microsoft Edge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Axiem posted:

I'm still on the TextMate bandwagon. I just can't bring myself to use an editor that kills my battery because it's built on top of Chrome.

Oh man TextMate, that's something I haven't used in years.