Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

japtor posted:

The "free one"? :raise: I'm guessing you mean the one you get with a paid dev account, free was just a weird way of saying it.

Does the "free" Textual only come with the OS X dev program or does it come with iOS dev program too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

The source code is still available on the official site and can be compiled if you have the know-how. I wouldn't be surprised if there are binaries floating around.

Cool thanks!

Edit: nvm you need xcode 4 and I'm sticking with 3 right now because that's what my books are in.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 20, 2011

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Broccoli Must Die! posted:

I got my redemption code for the free upgrade, and it took me straight to a download once I'd redeemed that code. Doesn't seem to be doing much, but hey, I'm patient.

In Australia.

Where did you get your redemption code? I bought a new MBP last week and haven't gotten anything.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Will Lion gently caress with my ability to have Xcode 3?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

flyboi posted:

Bootcamp is not affected. XCode 3 does not work with Lion.

Learning is sure going to be a hoot now.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

hannibal posted:

Couple of questions:

- After you install Lion does it delete the file you downloaded? I realized I want to do the DMG thing and make a USB installer, but I've already installed it and it's not clear if it kept the installation file.

- Is there a newer XCode out now? I thought I had the version from the MAS but when I launch it I get an error saying XCode 3 is not compatible with Lion (of course). The Mac Dev Center seems to be overwhelmed right now (maybe other people trying to download xcode?)

If you have a paid dev account you can get Xcode 4 for free. If not it's 5 bucks on the app store.

And no sadly Xcode 3 does not work on Lion. I hope some new Obj-C, OS X, and iOS books come out written using Xcode 4.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is there any reason the dev site would be getting hammered right now?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Um guys???

edit: just in case people don't get my confusion

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 20, 2011

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

FCKGW posted:

CMD+Shift+4 then Space, learn it man!

Sorry! I can't edit out the picture I attached through SA though. Sex Parrot to the rescue?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Anal Volcano posted:

I tried using Safari, but drat, no new tab button? A separate search box? No middle-click-close tabs? Gotta wait for Google to get on the ball, I guess :sigh:

Btw, for those who want to go Chrome -> Safari, you can straight drag and drop from Chrome's bookmark manager to Safari's.

I really hope google gets on the ball because I love chrome way more than a man should.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Does anyone know how to delete Install OS X Lion? Because I clicked get info>sharing permissions and I'm making everything read write. Still not letting me delete it when I go to empty my trash.

Edit: Nevermind I had to right click it and choose empty trash from there.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 21, 2011

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

lelandjs posted:

Did you install it on Lion or Snow Leopard?

I had 3.2.5 already installed and it works in Lion. Not sure about installing it in Lion though.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Anyone know a quick fix to connection timeout issues when connecting to a new network?? I'm trying to get on a us robotics router at my aunts and I'd really like to watch the UFC prelims at 6.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jesus the update is going to take 7 hours. :catstare:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Does anyone have experience setting up sparrow to use verizon.net email? I have the right server but for some reason it keeps spazzing on the server auth.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 21, 2011

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Does sparrow not let you use POP3? Because I don't think verizon has IMAP anymore.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is there anyway to port an Access database to something I can use on a Mac? I want to upgrade my dads business desktop(a dell still running xp) to an iMac but we use Access for our container database.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Their link to the messages beta goes no where... What gives?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I'm not sure what's up but Sparrow crashes every 15 minutes now. What's a good alternative to it? 'Cause I'm done with this poo poo.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Does VMware Fusion 5 not work on Yosemite? I think I just cost myself 50 bucks with this upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

wdarkk posted:

6 works fine for me. Are you trying to make a Yosemite VM?

Not sure if this was directed at me but I'm trying to run a Windows 7 VM.