Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

I think this Mini really needs an SSD. The 5400 rpm drive just can't hang - I'm getting more beachballs in Safari than I ever have. It's either the drive or Lion, I guess.
Apple's upgrade cycles get pretty easy to predict sometimes, don't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
Odd. My 30" is still in warranty until Thanksgiving or so, since it was given to me as a replacement for a 30" I had which Apple did not properly fix.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

They don't consider the hard drive a user replaceable part. Just don't mess anything up though and they won't know you replaced it. Keep in mind it's best to take the SSD out if you ever bring in the iMac for service.
That's weird, I had a Genius directly tell me that the HDD in MacBook Pros is considered a user replaceable part. Might be different for iMacs though.

Phiberoptik posted:

I own a 2010 15" MBP. Will a MINI DP to DVI adapter work ok for driving a Dell U2711 at native res?
Pretty sure you will need an active converter as opposed to the passive one. The one Apple makes is total poo poo, I use this Accell one which I've had no problems with so far.

Does anyone have recommendations for a 1920x1200 panel that would be compatible with my mid-2010 15" matte MBP?

Bitcoin Billionaire fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 6, 2011

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

In my fantasy world of Mac upgrades, the next revision will add the high-res 13" screen from the Air to the Pro, and the 15" Pro gets a 1920x1080 screen.

:pray:
It would be 1920x1200, rather, as 1920x1080 is 16:9, whereas the MBPs are 16:10.