Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm probably going to buy an iMac when the new models come out, and I'm hoping that the cost of the SSD options will go down somewhat. I'd rather boot from a SSD and have a large external storage for media, than have one large mechanical hard drive.

This is exactly what I've been thinking of doing after playing around with OSX on a Hackintosh. Anyone know how hard it would be to manually throw in an SSD or Platter drive if I were to buy it with just one from the factory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

TheAngryDrunk posted:

What is the i7 processor on the 27" iMac? I can't find it through :google:

Judging off it being 3.4ghz I would assume it's the i7-2600, since that's the current generation offering at that speed.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Is there a nice how-to or even just a brief overview on setting up the whole Time Capsule thing? I'm planning to get an iMac once I see how the refresh is and I would like to set something like a TC up but I've got no clue about them really. Is it something I could set up using a USB External drive and my existing router (Linksys e3000) or would I need to spring for the actual Time Capsule to take care of it?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Abel Wingnut posted:

How much can I sell my 24" 2008 2.8GHz C2D, 4GB, 320GB iMac for?

I just punched the specs in on Mac2sell and it says it's worth $820. I'm not too sure how accurate that site tends to be though.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what's the recommended portable power bank for a 2015 mbp?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i have one of them too but it stretched a bit and hangs off 1/8th inch on a side. has stayed on well despite that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Mu Zeta posted:

BHPhoto also has the Macbook Airs for $100-150 off depending on the model. They don't charge tax outside of New York.

They charge sales tax in NJ too since they have a distribution center there.