Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
I have a 2015 13" MacBook Pro, and am considering buying a 3840x2160
Dell P2415Q
as an external display in clamshell mode. Apple states the laptop supports that resolution, but I'm apprehensive about the Intel Iris Graphics 6100 smoothly pushing 8.2 million pixels. I don't do anything video intensive on my MacBook, unless you count playing Hearthstone. Should I be okay or is it more realistic to buy a 2560x1440 monitor instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
What's the most dead-simple way to have a local backup for my 128GB MacBook Pro? An external Thunderbolt hard drive + Carbon Copy Cloner? If so, is it worth it to get an SSD vice regular HD? Also will a 128GB eternal suffice or will I have to get a 256 for some reason?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Any idea what kind of dGPU the next MBPs will have? With Apple's complete lack of emphasis on discrete graphics it will probably only be an incremental upgrade to the current AMD card right?

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Is there a site that's the equivalent of Swappa for Mac hardware? I'm looking to sell a 2015 MBP with as little hassle as possible.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Can anyone recommend a long-form article that talks about ARM architecture and it's advantages & disadvantages vs. x86?