Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
Hi, i need help resizing an external HD. It's the HD where i keep some backups in one partition and the iTunes media folder in another. Now i need more space in the iTunes partition. I downsized the backup in disk utility but now it won't let me extend the iTunes partition when i try to drag it in the corner draggy thing.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Shin-chan posted:

When you downsized the first one, did you hit apply and let it process before making the other one bigger?

Yeah. I left it alone for about half an hour. And when it was done scaling up the disc was a no go.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
Hi guys, a got a mid 2009 macbook Pro that won't boot past the whitescreen. Does anyone have troubleshooting tips?

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

McFunkerson posted:

If you are on lion try holding command+r during boot up and running disk utility.

If not then, while booting hold the option key and you'll get a menu for selecting your boot drive. Throw in your original os x disc and boot off that. Run disk utility and see if it fixes your problem.

There should also be a hardware test partition on your original install disc that you can boot off and run to see if you bad RAM or something.

If all else fails make an appointment at the genius bar and take it in.

Thanks. I am on Lion and can access the recovery partition but running disk until didn't fix. I am also out of warranty and live in a country with no apple stores unfortunately.

I can boot fine from the Mountain Lion install that i have on an external HD if that gives anyone a clue.. Oh Well. I guess i will just have to restore as new and hope for the best.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
When this:

Meets this:

Not mine. I walked into a friend's tattoo studio and he was having a fit over what happened to the boss's macbook. I told him "i can get the parts and fix that for you".
End result? close to 50% off in the japanese sleeve i am going to have done. Years of tinkering with macs finally paid off :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Josh Lyman posted:

You just replaced the glass on the trackpad? Or something more extensive?

The whole case...

Quite the chore i tell ya.