Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Fists Up posted:

Anyone done any gaming on the new Air's?

I mean I've got my desktop for gaming and I'm buying an Air for mainly work and other purposes but it would be pretty sweet if I could take my air to a friends place and play some Starcraft 2 with him or even when I'm on a plane to waste some time.

I just played a round of TF2 at full resolution, it had some framerate issues but it was playable enough.

E: vvv It's the new 13" 256GB i5.

One Swell Foop fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jul 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Kilted Yaksman posted:

What graphics setting was this on? And what framerate do you get? I'm thinking about getting a new 13" and I'm trying to decide between the new MBA, or waiting to see if the 13" MBP gets better graphics in the next refresh.
I'm getting a reasonably steady 30-60fps with these settings:

1440 x 900
Full Screen
Model Detail: Low
Texture Detail: Low
Shader Detail: Low
Water Detail: Simple Reflections
Shadow Detail: Low
Color Correction: Enabled
Antialiasing: None
Filtering Mode: Bilinear
Wait for Vertical Sync: Enabled
Motion Blur: Disabled
FOV: 90
Launch options: -high -heapsize 2097152

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I hope in the next MBA iteration they can reduce the huge bezel around the screens because it makes it look silly. It would force them to reduce the keyboard size though, dang.

Shouldn't be a problem on the 15" MBA when they make one.

The huge bezel is to reduce the apparent edge thickness, I think; the edge of the bezel is less than 2mm deep, but it's about 6 or 7mm behind the panel itself.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Wouldn't be able to comfortably run Portal 2/Team Fortress on an MBA though, right?
TF2 runs well enough on my 13" MBA with all the sliders at minimum. Don't know about Portal 2 though.