Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I have a quick question regarding applecare activation. I bought applecare with my 13" MBP in january of 2010, but never activated it. I needed to pay some bills, realized it was still sitting on the shelf unopened, and sold it on craigslist. This morning I got a call from the buyer saying he wasselling being asked for proof of purchase when trying to activate it. Since this was my only major Apple purchase, and since I didn't activate it, I have no idea how the process works. I told him I'd look into it and I still have all my paperwork from buying it. I know people sell applecare on ebay etc., all the time so it seems to me they'd want proof of purchase of the hardware more than the applecare.

Anyways, I told him be might want to go to the Apple Store, but I figured I'd check in here to see what you folks say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

It's asking the buyer for proof of purchase of his laptop, not the Applecare.

That's what I figured, thanks.

highme
May 25, 2001

Molten Llama posted:

Bought it with where? If you bought it at the Apple Online Store, or possibly (probably) Apple Retail, you were sold the auto enroll version of AppleCare, in which case it's already activated and tied to your MBP.

I bought it from the bookstore at the school I was attending.

highme
May 25, 2001

I'll have to do so when I get home from work.