Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dbeatles34
Jan 7, 2004
Dr. Sammy G

japtor posted:

B&H is a trusted retailer in case you were paranoid about them.

$95 for Applecare on a new MBA is too good to pass up and I'd be all about it if it would let me place an order with a Florida billing address :(

Anybody know why certain states are restricted from this deal? Are any other retailers offering heavily discounted Applecare? Also, if I were to purchase a MBA today from Amazon, could I just go to an Apple store anytime up to a year from now and get the student discounted Applecare ($183) on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dbeatles34
Jan 7, 2004
Dr. Sammy G

FCKGW posted:

Apple has to pay a fee and disclose certain business aspects to be able to sell and they don't want to do it. I believe you can buy it in a boxed version in Florida though.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea about the Florida restriction. As to my 3rd question, it looks like I can buy AppleCare at any time up to a year later from a Florida Apple store with a student discount and register it at home, comes to $194 with tax. Looks like buying the MBA from Amazon with AppleCare from the education store is my cheapest option for protection. Thanks again!

Dbeatles34
Jan 7, 2004
Dr. Sammy G
I just wanted to say I bit the bullet + bought a new 13-inch MBA and couldn't be happier. I may regret not waiting once there are processor improvements and perhaps retina display (I hope not) in the updated models come June/July, but right now I'm in (material) love. The build quality is phenomenal and OSX is such a joy to use. Turns out that 128 ssd + 4gb of ram is plenty for my uses. Anybody on the fence that needs a laptop now shouldn't hesitate, you won't be disappointed.

Just hope I don't have to pay $30+ for Mountain Lion!