Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

anime comes to life and kisses me on the lips

Argyle posted:

For those who missed the 20% off Kindle promotion, you can get 20% (up to $200) off any computer if you buy with the Amazon Rewards Card (not the amazon store card) and use the promo code BTS20OFF at checkout. Plus, you get a $40 gift card upon approval, so you can get $240 off your computer total.

No idea what the APR is, so don't sign up if you're not good with credit. But if you were planning on paying cash, it's a nice savings.

Terms and conditions say this is for computers up to $1000, does this mean MBAs won't qualify?

I'm looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MC969LL-11-6-Inch-VERSION/dp/B005CWIRPG/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313691535&sr=1-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Well, maximum discount's already stated to be $200 I think... just wondering whether anything over $1K will go through. Who do you think I could contact to verify? They don't list a phone number.

Terms also mention discount only being valid for computers sold on amazon.com/augustoffer which doesn't lead to the new MBAs, just the old ones.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Will Apple do anything about cracking and peeling plastic on a 3 year old white MacBook? I'm not sure whether it's a known defect like the rubber bottom peeling off, but is seems like it could be worth a call to Apple's tech support even though the laptop's out of warranty? These cases were very poorly made...

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

Space Racist posted:

Sure, just that if it's any portion other than the keyboard/trackpad piece, you'll have to pay for it.

I'm talking about the plastic cover that's around the keyboard and trackpad (which I'm assuming is all one piece), the edges are coming off and leaving gaps between the bottom of the case and the top part. Same thing is happening around the display bezel for some reason. So you're saying Apple may cover replacement for the trackpad/keyboard cover?

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I know I was beaten, but to clarify:

I assume that the only plastic that could be cracked/peeling is around the palmrest area. That's a known defect and any Apple store should give you a full topcase replacement for free. Don't worry about warranty- assuming it's the problem I think it is, it's a no questions asked fix.

Thanks for clarifying, here's a pic I found online that shows where the problem areas are:

Same thing is happening around the display area though, as I said above...

Autism Monday fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 11, 2011