Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

DigitalChaos posted:

anyone have suggestions for a benchmark utility that will give IOPS? I have played around with xbench, quickbench, etc. They are great but none of them specifically list IOPS.

Iometer seems to have an OS X version, but I haven't tried it personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Space Racist posted:

Wonder if this is tied into that 'any new Mini or Air purchased can restore Lion over the internet' feature.

I know it's not exactly the same thing as it's not built into the firmware, but if you boot into the recovery partition and tell it to do a clean install of Lion it'll ask you for your Apple ID and download a disk image. So, it's probably just drivers, since the functionality to restore over the internet exists in the GM build and there'd really be no reason to bump the OS build number for firmware functionality.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

bloodysabbath posted:

Will the Thunderbolt Display work with Mini DP? I have an early 2010 MBP and I'm overdue for a new monitor, but the Apple site says you need a Thunderbolt-enabled Mac.

Is that just for the chaining functions, or has my wallet dodged a gigantic bullet (at least until the next MBP refresh, at which point I am going to be so goddamn broke)?

You could always just get the previous model, it's not like the existence of the newer one automatically turns the panel into a horrible jelly or something.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

MrEnigma posted:

Yeah I know, Safari being the little greedy thing it is. It still sits at a few hundred mb free, which means if I launch anything...stuff has to swap out (or reallocate?)

Edit: Actually strike that it would probably just use the inactive...

OS X swaps like a motherfucker even with 16 GB, it's just how the OS handles memory and always has been. Using < 10.4 on anything less than 1 GB with a slow HDD was loving painful until Apple wisened up and it refused to work with less. Don't be alarmed by a crazy amount of swapping unless you're actually noticing a performance impact.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

After getting my iPad, my MBP didn't leave its spot on my desk once. Replaced it with a new mini, selling the MBP.

I'm kinda in the same boat, after getting an iPad I barely use my 15" mid-2008 MBP anymore. I'm thinking about doing the opposite of what everyone else seems to be doing though and selling the MBP and iPad and getting a maxed out 11" MBA to replace the combo, although I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed with the screen res on the 11". With the 13" similarly maxed out being only $50 more I can't make up my goddamn mind :stare:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fishmech posted:

An 11 inch air takes up less space and weight than an iPad + a keyboard and stand thing. And the 13 inch is barely bigger overall. Just something to consider.

Yeah I know, that was my original reasoning behind possibly selling both since a MBA at either size would probably be more capable and have better battery life than both at this point since the iPad has like 65% of the original capacity and at best lasts maybe 6 hours, and the MBP never really got better than 4 hours even though it has a retardedly low cycle count for how old it is. You're not making this any easier fishmech :ughh:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

BTW, anyone who wants to calibrate their monitor and doesn't want to pay big bucks for a colorimeter, or use Apple's semi-ham-fisted manual calibration routines should download SuperCal. It's $19 trialware but it has a pretty good 'eyeballs only' calibration routine that's free to use.

quote:

When SuperCal is used unlicensed, all measurement and calibration operations will function normally, but the resulting ColorSync profile will be crippled. The profile will correct your display's visual appearance, but using the profile in ColorSync-aware applications like Photoshop will result in inaccurate colors rendered to any output device.

So, basically, anyone who actually needs a properly calibrated display can't use it for free.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

jfreder posted:

I think that's the point.

I realize that, but saying "you can use this to calibrate your display for free" to someone who needs to look at color proofs isn't exactly true. I tried out the demo anyway, and as far as I can tell, apart from the white balance being different (defaulted to what looks like ~9000K) it's almost identical to the calibration I can get out of Apple's built in utility. I don't have a colorimeter though, so I honestly have no idea if it's anywhere near accurate.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Kenshirou posted:

Mine's still being processed (East Coast USA). I imagine anyone who ordered BTO will be waiting a few days. I was at the fruit stand at lunch yesterday and they were literally unpacking them upstairs and were ready for sale. Unfortunately my config isn't at retail, but it does seem like today is the day all of the stock configs are officially supposed to be on sale. My order still shows it as being delivered by next Tuesday.

Same here. I ordered it on launch day but swung by the Apple Store yesterday to see if they had my BTO config in stock (13" maxed out essentially) and they didn't. I asked a manager friend that works there when they'd be getting them (I used to work there) and she said probably sometime next week.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Kenshirou posted:

Also is anyone even getting the 512GB upgrade?

I did, but I'm kind of regretting it now. Oh well. I just recently popped a 256 GB SSD that was previously in my desktop into the Late 2008 MacBook Pro that this'll be replacing, too. That one is limited to SATA I because of the stupid MCP79 bug though.

Preparing for shipment! :dance: :f5:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

I wonder if Apple will let that gift message go by :)

I did it as a joke to show a friend of mine and now I can't change it :downs:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

So I have 2011 iMac and a new IPS monitor that supports 2560x1440 resolution but with the Thunderbolt-VGA cable I had I can't get near that... I can't tell from the description; will this give me the output I need? http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Dis...erbolt+dual+dvi

Is there anything else I can get besides the loving $100 adapter from Apple? Many of the cheaper things don't seem to support higher resolutions.

It says this literally right under the price:

quote:

Supports DisplayPort 1.1a "Dual-Mode" output with a maximum resolution of 2560x1600
Supports HDMI and DVI output with a maximum max resolution of 1920x1080p at 60Hz, 225MHz/2.25Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps all channel), 12-bit per channel (36-bit all channel) deep color

so it'll do up to 2560x1600 over DisplayPort but only up to 1920x1080 over DVI or HDMI.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

flavor posted:

Mine's preparing now, too :hfive:

:smuggo:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Hogscraper posted:

Since Apple didn't update the MBP with Haswell I've been looking at used machines. A decent late 2011 17" showed up on CL today with Apple Care. Specs say ram is only upgradable to 8GB but I was trying to nail down a good price and eBay has a few late 2011 models saying they're coming with 16GB. Did Apple release a firmware update?

What's a good price for this model? Late 2011, 17", 2.4GHz quad i7, 4GB Ram (Though I plan to max it out right away), 1 GB Radeon HD 6770M graphics.

Anything else I should look out for with this particular model?

$1,899 if you get it from Apple.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FD311LL/A/refurbished-macbook-pro-24ghz-quad-core-intel-i7

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

flavor posted:

Pfft... not like mine hasn't yet :mmmsmug:

Apple's email said it'd deliver on the 18th, but UPS' tracking thing says tomorrow?! I guess it's possible, but since I got standard shipping I figured it'd literally be on the slow boat from China.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

flavor posted:

That'd be good for you. Last year at the 15" rMBP 3 days after the keynote, but no such luck this year. The time capsule and Air have been in the country since yesterday at some point, but they don't seem to be moving. Then again I've seen UPS statuses move pretty quickly and things suddenly being "Out for delivery" earlier than expected.

Yup, it's out for delivery now. It says "by 10:30 AM" too but I doubt that'll actually happen; I've never had UPS deliver something here before like 3:30 PM. Then again they did basically give me one day international shipping (for free!), so we'll see.

e: well I'll be damned, loving thing showed up literally a minute after I posted this

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 14, 2013

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Posting this from the new MBA. No gift message :(

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Is anyone else with the new mid-2013 MacBook Air having display problems with certain applications? For some reason using the spot healing brush tool in Photoshop CS6 makes the display flicker like crazy; similarly VMware Fusion 5 (and the new Tech Preview that was just recently released to specifically support these new MacBooks) is basically completely unusable after installing VMware Tools.

I wasn't really sure which thread to put this in since I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue because only certain programs (and certain actions in them) will trigger it, but I could be wrong. I did try to get a recording of it with QuickTime X's screen recording thing, but strangely enough the problem goes away if I try to do that, so maybe it is a hardware issue after all :confused:

e:

etalian posted:

Yeah plus the whole clock rate argument really overlooks a pile of other factors in real-world performance.

The older 1.8 GHz MBA does turn out to be slightly faster in CPU benchmarks but really loses out in battery life performance.

It's a really impressive performance when you look at people getting 9-12 hours now in a single charge depending the use scenario.

This is totally anecdotal (and I'm not about to go looking through Geekbench results because gently caress that horrible graph thing they have), but I have the i7 and got just over 8000 on Geekbench before (8060 or something?), so if this chart is right then the i7 is significantly faster than the i5.

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 19, 2013

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mayodreams posted:

Turning off graphics acceleration in fusion fixed it for me with Win8.

That probably should have been the first thing to try, I guess – odd that it seemed to work fine with the VMware SVGA drivers that ship with Windows. I'm glad it's not a hardware issue or something though, thanks.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Just in case anyone is using VMware on the new Haswell MBAs, there's a fix for the flickering screen issue: add mks.vsync="1" to your VM's vmx file.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Stumpus posted:

As I'm nearing the twilight of my laptop's life, I have decided to purchase a Macbook Air. I'm partial to spending the least amount of money possible, so I'm wondering whether there are any major space complaints with the smaller hard drive? I anticipate that 128 gigs should be enough, with cloud storage and being used mostly for work, but I'd like to hear some user opinions before I make any decision.

I bought the 512 GB model, and after loading it up with all the poo poo I had on my old mid-'08 MacBook Pro I have 302 GB left, and I've only had this thing for less than a week. Your usage patterns are probably different but I'd be cutting it pretty close with the 256 GB SSD (and the 128 GB one would be out of the question).

Definitely upgrade the RAM to 8 GB, though. I'd say that's probably more important than storage.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

So if I understand correctly, there's an MBP upgrade coming sometime soon? Would I lose out significantly if I get an MBP with Retina now, or is it worth waiting at this point? How do these updates usually work?

The 13" update that's been floating around probably won't be significantly faster than the new MBAs.

According to this at least one configuration (probably base) will have a Core i5 4258U (vs. the Air's 4250U), which according to Intel is just higher clocked and has a slightly faster integrated GPU (HD 5000 and Iris 5100 are the same silicon apparently, they just differ in clock speed). No idea if it'll be a retina model though.

e: I guess it's worth noting that not only does the 4258U have a higher TDP, it doesn't support LPDDR3 like the Air uses; it's pretty unlikely that it'll get anywhere near the same battery life as the new MBAs even if it's not a retina model

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 23, 2013

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

japtor posted:

Well there's this:

Which doesn't necessarily clear things up since the HD5000 one there (4650U) is listed with the same max clock as the 4258U, while the 4558U adds another 100mhz. Maybe it's another random i5 vs i7 thing.

And about the TDP, I think the current processors the 13" MBPs use are 35-37W, so moving to 28W alone should be a nice savings on top of whatever other magic Haswell energy saving features.

Yeah, Intel's differentiation on the Iris/HD5000 thing is pretty weird when you account for the lower clocked 28W chips and the higher clocked 15W ones. I'm not saying that they'll be neck-and-neck or anything though, it just seems to me like that particular configuration of the 13" MBP probably wouldn't be much faster than the MBA. If they manage to get around the same kind of battery life out of the MBP though it would probably be a better buy for people that want a little bit more performance.

As far as energy saving goes, Mavericks actually does have a pretty big impact on battery life too. I threw it on my old mid 2008 MBP and the estimated battery life went from like ~3 hours on 10.8 to like 4:15 on 10.9. I've been playing around with my new MBA and haven't actually tested that though :butt:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

redcheval posted:

Yeah, honestly I'm very tempted to go with the Air because I've got a 27" iMac (just inaccessible for the foreseeable future due to traveling around and working) but I can't tell if it could actually do what I needed.

Essentially I do a ton of illustrating/graphic design, so this would mean lots of Creative Suite -- daily use of Illustrator with some Photoshop and InDesign. To a greater extent professionally I do motion graphics with After Effects and some Cinema 4D, which is what I'm concerned about. Honestly since my primary computer for animating and rendering is my iMac, the laptop would function as something to design on while traveling or just out and about. Real estate isn't a huge issue for me so the 13" screen seems like it would be fine and the lower price tag is HUGE for me as the retinas are prohibitively expensive with not as much benefit as would make it really worth it compared to the iMac.

I'd love to pull the trigger on a 13" i7 8 gig RAM Air. Is there really a good reason to wait for Pro in this case? I'm just not knowledgable enough to gauge this for certain without some added input, but if not I'd love to snap up an Air as quickly as possible!

I have that configuration MBA and there's some graphical glitches with Photoshop – some tools make the screen flicker like crazy until you switch to something else (usually I just mash G or something to make it stop). I haven't tried most of the Creative Suite though beyond Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects. I haven't run into any issues with those last two though and everything pretty much runs very well.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

redcheval posted:

Hmmm yikes. Good to hear that AE runs well though! I don't think I'd need better than that.

Anyone have any ideas what the Photoshop glitching could be though? That's a little troubling :(

It seems to me like it has something to do with vsync since the fix for VMware I posted a while back disables it and fixes the issue.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

redcheval posted:

I've been hearing more recently about issues with the 2013 MBA, namely the wifi-dropping issue and, like I've heard in this thread and elsewhere, a Photoshop flickering problem that neither Adobe not Apple seem to be taking credit for at the moment. Apple does seem to be addressing the wifi issue but I'm not sure how things are progressing. Does anyone know more about this? Is it more likely to be software issues than a fundamental problem with the hardware? It sounds like a good machine for my use but I don't want to go ahead and buy it now if it's potentially the actual machine causing problems. The Photoshop thing is just unfortunate since I certainly would be using it, and I wish they had more info on why that is happening.

I've been using Photoshop CS 6 (I'm pretty sure it's the latest version, it says 13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) pretty frequently and to be honest I have no goddamn idea what's causing the flickering because I can't reproduce it constantly; it just happens, and when it does it's easy enough to stop because all you have to do is switch to a different tool. It's really strange – I could be using the same tool for literally hours and then suddenly the screen will start flickering, I'll switch to a different tool to stop it and then switch back with no problems until a different tool starts flickering too or something.

I think it's a compositing issue since the VMware fix I posted a few pages back disables vsync to work around it (or so I've read, I don't know how to verify this) and doing things that'll lower the system's overall framerate like recording the screen will work too.

Also, for what it's worth I haven't had any wifi issues at all connected to an Asus RT-N66U and a Netgear WNDR3400 over both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

e: Just installed Quartz Debug and forcing Beam Sync (which is related to vsync) seems to work around the flickering problem too. It doesn't really impact Photoshop performance too much, but I don't recommend enabling it system-wide since it can cause some things to slow down considerably.

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 2, 2013

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

flavor posted:

That may be the latest version of Photoshop CS 6, but it's not the latest release of Photoshop. That would be Photoshop CC. Does that also have the problem? Maybe I'll check it myself in a bit.

Also, Wikipedia is mentioning a Photoshop CS 6 version 13.1.2.

e: I've checked Photoshop CC on my 2013 11" MBA, and that's version 14.0. I doodled a little with the brush, no flicker. I guess maybe I need to do more?

I don't have Photoshop CC and Adobe's updater says I'm at the latest version for everything I've got installed (basically half of the Creative Suite I guess). I've noticed that the flickering tends to happen more when you're zoomed in on something, but like I said earlier I've got no idea what actually causes it since I could be using a tool for like half an hour and then it'll start flickering like crazy.

One tool that seems to start the flickering pretty early on is the Spot Healing Brush though, try using that I guess?

e: one thing that seems to be reproducible is just selecting the Spot Healing Brush (zoomed in) and going out of the image's boundary (to the gray areas on the sides). Does that happen for you?

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 2, 2013

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

flavor posted:

Sounds like you may not have a Creative Cloud subscription, because then the updater would have updated itself into a new and different one that offers you to download Photoshop CC.

Not at all. I've only tried it for a few minutes though. I did zoom in. The outline of the tool changed from black to white when I exited the image. I guess that's the trigger for the flickering where it occurs.

I'm sure that the issue exists in some versions of PS, but it looks like a software or driver issue. Also it's with an older version of PS. (I know CS6 isn't on the old side of old, but it's not current).

Yeah I don't have a Creative Cloud subscription (got the Master Suite through a school I don't go to anymore). Interesting that it doesn't seem to occur on later versions; thanks for testing this out, if a fix isn't pushed out I guess I'll see about upgrading.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rufius posted:

I bought both and the problem I found was it was hard to keep the i7 at light work loads even doing light internet browsing and some work in a text editor. It seemed like it was continually at a "medium to heavy" load which meant battery life didn't even remotely approach 9 hours. Think more like 6, maybe 7 if lucky.

EDIT: Note that I have the 11 inch Air. Returned the i7.

I'm on a 13" i7; here's the load with web browsing (using the Webkit nightly), Photoshop open, GlimmerBlocker proxying in the background and a file transfer over AFP (through WiFi):

Not sure what you consider "medium to heavy load", but this doesn't look stressed at all to me. I consistently get about 8-9.5 hours on a full charge.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I'd love for there to be a $1500 13" rMPB with Iris 5200. That's not going to happen, is it?

A quick glance at the Haswell lineup leads me to believe that there aren't any dual-core i7s with the Iris 5200. I could have missed something though.

e: also, for those wondering what battery life on the new MBPs is like under Mavericks:

Obviously not realistic, but it was still fun to see :colbert:

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 10, 2013

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Bob Morales posted:

2012 13" MBP's are a steal. You can find them new for $999 and even cheaper used. You can stick 8GB or 16GB of RAM in there very cheaply and get a 128GB or 256GB SSD very cheap as well.

You're 'stuck' with that 1280x800 screen and you'll have to 'lug around' the laptop that liberated users form 'big and heavy laptops'....4 years ago. But you get a DVD and ethernet port.

The Pro is slightly faster than the Air in raw CPU power but the SSD makes the Air faster by far in day-to-day use.

By the time you buy all of those upgrades you're probably spending more than a new 13" MBA would cost, and you'd still be stuck with a 1280x800 screen.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Anyone else with a 2013 13" MBA have the frame sort of... popping? When I put my palms on the palmrest portion of the frame it makes a clicking/popping sound, sort of like the sound the trackpad makes. I tried tightening up the bottom panel (it wasn't loose or anything, though) and it didn't really make a difference. It's only doing it sometimes but it's driving me loving crazy.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

IceHawk posted:

Yeah, I have the same model and it does the same things. Hopefully it's not indicative of a larger issue.

It seems to be getting worse actually, it used to only do it once every few hours or so and now it's once every 15-20 minutes. I was thinking about bringing it in to a Genius Bar but if I can't reproduce it consistently they might just look at me like I'm crazy.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

thegreatcodfish posted:

Huh, and I thought I was just being paranoid last night. It feels like a plastic clip isn't quite latching and pops off.

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of what it sounds like. I might pop open the back panel later on tonight and see if I can figure out what's going on.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Just ordered a macbook air 13" with 512GB 8GB and i7, lets do it baby.

This is what I've got and it's pretty incredible (except for the incessant popping :argh:), you're going to love it.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

I posted about it last page:

Quine Connoisseur posted:

Anyone else with a 2013 13" MBA have the frame sort of... popping? When I put my palms on the palmrest portion of the frame it makes a clicking/popping sound, sort of like the sound the trackpad makes. I tried tightening up the bottom panel (it wasn't loose or anything, though) and it didn't really make a difference. It's only doing it sometimes but it's driving me loving crazy.

Apparently it's not just me.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I think y'all should visit your local fruit stand about that. Unibody macbooks shouldn't "pop" and if I bought one that did, I'd be out for bloodan immediate replacement.

Yeah I figure I probably will, but I used to work at the closest one to me and one of the Geniuses there didn't really get along with me very well (simply put, she's not very good at what she does, and I had to constantly correct her). If I get her by random chance there's a pretty good possibility she'll just tell me to gently caress off because it's a problem I can't reproduce consistently.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Oceanlife posted:

I haven't messed with the videos yet. Is there an App to determine what the sources of the battery drain are? I would be going to Task Manager if this were windows but I don't know if there is an equivalent.

The next version of OS X will have this built in (you'll be able to just click on the battery icon in the menu bar and it'll tell you what's sucking up your battery), but for now you should just use Activity Monitor (the OS X equivalent of Task Manager). It's in the Utilities folder your Applications folder, but it's probably easier if you just type in "activity monitor" in Spotlight (the little magnifying glass in the top right of your screen).

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

No clue. I haven't kept up on recent Parallels vs. Fusion performance reviews. Ars usually does a good one every year.

For general computing poo poo you won't really notice much of a difference, but in benchmarks Parallels has been faster than Fusion for a few versions now. The Fusion Tech Preview is actually pretty comparable to Parallels 8 on my MBA but it's still in beta and I haven't tried running any games under either of them for obvious reasons.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Probably because most ports are just using Wine/Cider wrappers.

BL2 is a native port and it still runs like poo poo (~45-60 FPS) on hardware that easily maintains at least 80 FPS under Windows. I don't know if this has to do with it being a bad port, OS X's OpenGL implementation or if it's just bad drivers (or a combination of all of these), but there's definitely a performance deficit in gaming under OS X. NVIDIA actually released their own drivers for OS X (that has its own updater built in!) a while back, but I didn't really notice any performance improvements by using them.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

ZetsurinPower posted:

I have a 2011 Mac Pro desktop at work that randomly runs the system fans at full blast. There is no rhyme or reason to why it happens and there are no errors in the console or heat issues. It won't do it for weeks at a time, then all of a sadden they will run @ full blast until a reboot. I have reset the SMC multiple times.

I set it aside for testing, running no applications. After almost 3 weeks of just sitting there, it fired up the jets on Friday and hasn't stopped since. What the hell is going on

Did you ever check Activity Monitor while this is happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Yeast posted:

Yes, fixed. We don't see anymore coming to the bar with the issue, only if they haven't updated.

No other major/minor issues.

Have you had anyone coming in with the 2013 13" MBA sort of making a weird popping sound?

The frame on mine keeps making a sound that sort of sounds like the trackpad clicking (but it's not). I was thinking about bringing it in but it's only reproducible sometimes, so they might just think I'm crazy.