Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Are there limits on what types of hardware can be bought with the employee purchase program? It doesn't have any of the new MacBooks - do new ranges sometimes take a while to show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Thanks - it's the second half that I didn't know, that's good to hear.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Just upgraded my MBP 2008 to the 2015 model and have the unpleasant surprise that windows 7 isn't supported for boot camp any more. Just as a slight warning in case anyone else was on the fence and uses it for games etc.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The Apple refurb stuff I've bought has always been 100% like-new perfect. No dings, scratches or anything.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Yes. I've just shaken my 2015 13" MBPr in exactly the same way, and it's total silence. Something is unstuck. Try and exchange.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Ashex posted:

Anyone used a hardshell case like this one on their MBP?

I'm currently running naked and would like to get something on it.

I think I'm using that exact one in red. It's fine, bottom scratches easily, but that's almost the point. Fans spin up sometimes, but I've no idea if that's anything to do with the case as I've had it as long as the laptop.

The little white feet on the bottom keep coming unstuck too. All in all I'd recommend it for the price.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Is there any way anyone can think of that I can install my Windows 7 Pro OS on the 2015 Macbook Pro? I'd like to take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10, but the 2015 range won't allow anything older than 8 to be installed. Meaning that I can't then upgrade it immediately to 10.

Is there a way I can 'trick' the MBPr 2015 into installing Windows 7?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Tremblay posted:

Well poop.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7017369

post 2 maybe? I don't have a Win7 iso handy to test

I haven't been able to get that solution working before, but I'm starting to wonder if my USB drive is just corrupt - I'll have to try with another. Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Someone (I think it might have been Microsoft?) tried to claim that POD stood for 'portable on demand', and therefore couldn't be trademarked by Apple.